Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Monday 8/6: Training Camp Tweets

I think the one frustrating thing about tweets is that it's difficult not to take them exactly as they are written. We've had guys become "surprise" cuts before because it sounded like they were lighting it up in camp due to twitter. You just never know. That's why I'm glad there is someone from here going - hopefully he can summarize/recap the practice because that's usually much more detailed/accurate and gives an idea of how practice went rather than a tweet about someone making a great catch.

Hopefully Banks has become as effective as a receiver as twitter makes it sound because he would be just one more element of speed to an offense that already features a lot of fast players, and as we saw last year he can be a good option for more deception on offense as we saw last year.

:wavetowel Can't wait until Thursday.

Hopefully Banks has become as effective as a receiver as twitter makes it sound because he would be just one more element of speed to an offense that already features a lot of fast players, and as we saw last year he can be a good option for more deception on offense as we saw last year.

My cousin went to camp on Friday and Saturday. He told me that Banks looks like a man on a mission. I have read the tweets, but my cousin didn't like Banks. So the fact that even he is impressed by him makes me eager to see it for myself during a real game situation.

I think the one frustrating thing about tweets is that it's difficult not to take them exactly as they are written. We've had guys become "surprise" cuts before because it sounded like they were lighting it up in camp due to twitter. You just never know. That's why I'm glad there is someone from here going - hopefully he can summarize/recap the practice because that's usually much more detailed/accurate and gives an idea of how practice went rather than a tweet about someone making a great catch.

The writers who are tweeting usually give a full blown write up at the end of the day...they are usually made into threads in the Breaking News forum and here in the stadium as well, plus their tweets will include links to those fuller write ups. So there really shouldn't be too many surprises.

My cousin went to camp on Friday and Saturday. He told me that Banks looks like a man on a mission. I have read the tweets, but my cousin didn't like Banks. So the fact that even he is impressed by him makes me eager to see it for myself during a real game situation.

I wish there was video of the block he made.

Thanks Califan,

Ill try my best guys:) Im pretty stoked Im going to training camp. I had no idea I was going (last minute, I was in a wedding down in Beaufort, SC), so I didn't pack any redskins clothing. All I have is some ECU gear. Im probably going to get called out on it!!!

Im going to be honest, Im not the best writer in town, but Ill do what I can and be as accurate as possible

That's awesome. I've always liked his effort and heart, and I actually thought he was pretty effective last year on special teams even though he didn't take any back, he had plenty of good returns. But with all the new receivers this year I thought it was the end of the line for him and that we had too much talent to keep him. But the fact that he's stepped up has me really excited, it's good to hear that his recent play can be confirmed by other fans.

it sounded like they were lighting it up in camp due to twitter.

I get this, and Im sure if I do see something exciting Ill try and light it up :) But I won't exaggerate it. Plus I don't think there will be much to light up about, it is only practice and from what iv seen their not making tackles yet so... Im more of observing and Ill try and post as much as I can so Califan or someone else can copy and paste over here to ES. Im taking my laptop just in case my phone or iPad gets low on battery so I can get an extra boost.

The writers who are tweeting usually give a full blown write up at the end of the day...they are usually made into threads in the Breaking News forum and here in the stadium as well, plus their tweets will include links to those fuller write ups. So there really shouldn't be too many surprises.

I know, I read those, but obviously writers who have been tweeting all day are going to pretty much rewrite what they've tweeted. I find myself rereading several tweets I've seen from these threads in their "camp observation" or "practice reports" every day. Honestly, every once in a while someone will get on here and take the time to post basically an article that destroys anything the reporters write and it is much more fun to read because it's all fresh news and not 4 bullet points reiterating what we've already heard.

Allen Murphy ‏@MiltonZ3rd

Heading to Ashburn VA for the first ever Redskins Tweetup at Training Camp tomorrow. Will be covering the event

(that's amm0409, by the way...if anyone decides to add updated Skins tweets to the thread, look for his tweets as well :thumbsup:)

I'll be at the tweetup too! @sportsgal5_2000

Cali, I have to say seeing the thread up made me feel better. It was a ***** weekend, but I look forward to the practice threads. Though it's not like these are made for me, thanks man. It certainly makes facing the beginning of the week easier.

I'll be at the tweetup too! @sportsgal5_2000

Adding you to my list :thumbsup:

Everyone else do it, too lol...I won't be able to post tweets all day, I actually have a job :silly:...

---------- Post added August-6th-2012 at 07:48 AM ----------

http://www.realredskins.com/rich-tandlers-real-redsk/2012/08/redskins-are-as-padded-as-theyre-going-to-be.html

Redskins are as padded as they're going to be

Via Twitter and other means, a lot of folks have asked me when Redskins are going to put on the full pads and start tackling each other.

And the answer is . . . they’re not.

Mike Shanahan doesn’t believe in tackling to the ground in training camp; he doesn’t think that the risk of injury outweighs the benefits. Many other coaches share his thinking there.

Thanks Califan,

Ill try my best guys:) Im pretty stoked Im going to training camp. I had no idea I was going (last minute, I was in a wedding down in Beaufort, SC), so I didn't pack any redskins clothing. All I have is some ECU gear. Im probably going to get called out on it!!!

Im going to be honest, Im not the best writer in town, but Ill do what I can and be as accurate as possible

We're not in search of the best writers...only the best fans. :)

And don't sweat the ECU gear. Maybe Lance Lewis will toss you a ball if he's out there.

Archived