Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Monday 8/6: Training Camp Tweets

Allen Murphy ‏@MiltonZ3rd

@Redskins RG3 holds ball again for about 10 yard gain. These balls his keeping are set plays

---------- Post added August-6th-2012 at 04:20 PM ----------

Redskins ‏@Redskins

#Redskins RB Tristan Davis showing some spark in full-team drills as an outlet valve out of the backfield. #skinscamp

---------- Post added August-6th-2012 at 04:21 PM ----------

Video of offensive line drills

Redskins ‏@Redskins

Monday's #SkinsCamp Video No. 1: Offensive linemen (with a few tight ends) http://redsk.in/MoIv35

Hightower. Nice. Doubters just wait. :)

yeah really, where is this blind love coming from for Helu and Royster? Sure they had some solid showings last year, but it was just that. THT is our only proven back, how could you not denote him as the starter. Plus, one thing we can glean from last year is while they young guys have potential, right now, they look soft/injury prone. Not to say THT isn't, but at least he has experience.

Redskins ‏@Redskins

Monday's Final #SkinsCamp Video: Linebackers take on running backs in pass-protection drill http://redsk.in/MoKl3V #bestforlast

@Redskins RG3 stays in the pocket throws a nice ball to Garçon who doesn’t catch ball

---------- Post added August-6th-2012 at 04:34 PM ----------

Redskins ‏@Redskins

#Redskins move back into full-team drills after ST work. Each drill starts with 2nd-and-10, seeking 1st, QB's cycling through. #skinscamp

@Redskins 1st down sideline catch from Cousins to Helu

---------- Post added August-6th-2012 at 04:34 PM ----------

@Redskins RG3 keeps ball prolly would of been sacked but gets up field. Nice pressure from defense

---------- Post added August-6th-2012 at 04:35 PM ----------

@Redskins nice pressure on RG3 again scrambles out of way and gets ball to Hank for 1st down

yeah really, where is this blind love coming from for Helu and Royster? Sure they had some solid showings last year, but it was just that. THT is our only proven back, how could you not denote him as the starter. Plus, one thing we can glean from last year is while they young guys have potential, right now, they look soft/injury prone. Not to say THT isn't, but at least he has experience.

I like THT not least for his ability to recognize and pick up the blitz on passing downs but Royster showed himself to be a better one cut and hit the hole runner than THT in his stars last season and Helu has speed and big play ability that neither THT or Royster have. I think all 3 guys will get their carries when the dust settles.

Finally don't forget THT is coming of a knee injury which typically takes a full year before a skill position guy like THT makes it back to 100%.

amm0409 has done an excellent job with the tweets. I am just wondering where are all the other reporters. :whoknows:

i'm pretty sure they have gotten a clamp down on what they can tweet... even during public practices.

either that.. or all 8 of them are lazy. I know Grants not lazy.. so must be the other option.

@Redskins Sexy gets ball to T Davis for nice yards down sideline

---------- Post added August-6th-2012 at 04:39 PM ----------

@Redskins Hanks makes a leaping catch from sexy

---------- Post added August-6th-2012 at 04:40 PM ----------

I think when folks tweet on pass plays they can save some characters by omitting the phrase "under pressure from the pass rush" - we will just take that as read.

But what if the rush was really good?

I'm not sure, but I THINK that is Hightower in those LB/RB pass-pro drills. He looks a LOT more aggressive and reliable in that drill from what I can see. He was the only RB attacking the blitzer and initiated solid initial contact on his blocks. I could definitely see that as the reason why he gets the #1 spot. It looks like Royster got tossed aside by Fletcher, and Helu got worked by somebody too. It's hard to tell who everyone is from that view, though.

I'm not sure, but I THINK that is Hightower in those LB/RB pass-pro drills. He looks a LOT more aggressive and reliable in that drill from what I can see. He was the only RB attacking the blitzer and initiated solid initial contact on his blocks. I could definitely see that as the reason why he gets the #1 spot. It looks like Royster got tossed aside by Fletcher, and Helu got worked by somebody too. It's hard to tell who everyone is from that view, though.

I saw the same thing. He's the only one with blocking skills.

Archived