Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Monday 8/6: Training Camp Tweets

What happened to Willie Smith? He showed some promise last yr playing left tackle and now he's 3rd on the depth chart at right tackle and isn't even listed on the left side? Did he just have a poor offseason?

He was playing today and I believe was stretching a lot as well on the sideline

But what if the rush was really good?

I know I said the word pressure a lot. The fact is the D was in close contact to the QB which could of resulted in sack a or QB had to scramble. Again I was just trying to say what I was seeing I tried that's all:)

Grant Paulsen ‏@granthpaulsen

Lichtensteiger on if he expects to play WK-1: "I definitely do. Preseason is a maybe but season opener.. I expect to be healthy for that."

Mike Shanahan pulled the entire team together today after Trent Williams took a shot at Josh Wilson at the end of an interception return.

I like both Kirwan and Tucker and I think they're both bright guys. But until either of them run an offense, I think they should defer to the guys that do. There's more than meets the eye when it comes to the prep work.

To be fair, they did say to remember they are only seeing one small bit of plays at just one practice too. Pretty much saying to take observations with a grain of salt.

Seemed like fair reporting even though it wasnt the most positive.

Mike Shanahan: Kirk Cousins will QB the third unit in Thursday's preseason game in Buffalo. #Redskins

Sky Kerstein ‏@SkyKerstein

#Redskins Afternoon Practice Update with audio from Shanahan, RG3 & Josh Wilson http://washington.cbslocal.com/2012/08/06/redskins-training-camp-day-10-afternoon-shanahan-rg3-j-wilson/

I listened to Ross Tucker and Pat Kirwin from Sirrius NFL. They ate skins camp today,

In short, They say RG3 is looking like a rookie and they are perplexed why they are using so many QB run design plays over giving him as much pass experience as they can.

They werent that complimentary of the Offense as a whole, but did hedge their comments by saying they are just asking skins fans to exercise patience as our QB grows.

Thats exactly my thoughts! Whats the point if doing so many qb draws with him when the D wont even touch him so it seems a bit pointless. Instead they can give him as much passing experience as possible. Everyone knows he can run.

Thats exactly my thoughts! Whats the point if doing so many qb draws with him when the D wont even touch him so it seems a bit pointless. Instead they can give him as much passing experience as possible. Everyone knows he can run.

Because the Oline needs to practice them, too.

Oh, and it gives the D good looks at those type of plays as well.

Yes, RG3 isn't the only one practicing, lol.

Because the Oline needs to practice them, too.

Yea i understand that, but almost half the plays are draws or wildcats, if we're planning to run with him that much then i doubt he plays 16 games. Hes no Cam or tebow size wise.

Yea i understand that, but almost half the plays are draws or wildcats, if we're planning to run with him that much then i doubt he plays 16 games. Hes no Cam or tebow size wise.

Maybe this was the draw/wildcat day at practice

Yea i understand that but almost half the plays are draws or wildcats, if we're planning to run with him that much then i doubt he plays 16 games. Hes no Cam or tebow size wised.

Shanny usually gives away nothing to opponents and maybe he's just giving the schedule a lot to game plan for, doesn't mean it will be our bread and butter. I agree that if RGIII has to carry the ball a lot we'll end up seeing more of Rex than we want to.

You're not just learning one part of the playbook, that's why. Everyone has to learn all the plays. If we want to run a QB draw or the option or anything in a game and we don't practice or rep it enough, it looks horrible. It's not like he's not passing at all. We have to practice all aspects of our playbook. To not do so would be foolish.

Everyone also knows he can throw too. I would like to see more passing as well but I think they want to get in the reps early on the running plays because we won't use them as much. They want the reps in so they will be very crisp and precise when we run these in live game. I expect situational QB draws or options to catch the D off guard. We have all the time in the world to throw and he is already an excellent passer and has been on the receiving end of a blitzkrieg all camp.

I think after just a little practice and the first preseason game, I think this is where the twitterverse does more harm than good. It is way too early to tell if the O-line will suck or the secondary or anything else for that matter. Just chill and enjoy and lets see what happens.

I think after just a little practice and the first preseason game, I think this is where the twitterverse does more harm than good. It is way too early to tell if the O-line will suck or the secondary or anything else for that matter. Just chill and enjoy and lets see what happens.

While it may be too early to tell, logic would suggest that an already shaky o-line that is now down 3 starters, is not very likely to do well. Could they? Certainly. But probability does not favor our o-line or secondary. Acting otherwise is foolish, and requires some heavily burgundy tinted shades.

While it may be too early to tell, logic would suggest that an already shaky o-line that is now down 3 starters, is not very likely to do well. Could they? Certainly. But probability does not favor our o-line or secondary. Acting otherwise is foolish, and requires some heavily burgundy tinted shades.

Or it can require patience to see what really happens as opposed to taking a knee jerk reaction.

Archived