Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Monday 8/6: Training Camp Tweets

My thoughts about today....Hit of the day goes to Neild. Everyone heard it. Bernstein made a hit as well....And I was right he was 10-20 on the day 1 INT, holla!! I should be a reporter!!!
Nice work bro.

Thanks for the Bernstine tid-bit, he's my camp longshot, I hope that kid makes the team.

Over course after the fact I think of some more focused questions but if anyone reading knows I'm all ears and thanks

What unit does Bernstine play in the secondary, the 3rd team?

Does Bernstine play on specials? If so which unit and what positions?

Kick coverage/KR gunner/jammer? etc...

When they show training camp footage on NFLN other teams QBs seems to throw a lot more in practice (7-7,11-11) then when I see the Redskins and its reflected in the number of pass attempts.

Every time I hear about Griffin stat line the number of attempts always seems low (20) compared to other QBs I read about/watch.

For example Luck's 1st practice he threw 32 passes.

I each of the Dolphins QBs are getting tons of reps probably over 40 attempts.

I find it surprising the Griffin isn't getting more reps passing.

The few glimpse of practive I've watched on TV I haven't seen Griff under center a lot.

Seems Griffin takes a lot of his reps from gun/pistol even on plays where the other QBs are under center.

Is this accurate? Or have I just been missing Griffin's under center reps?

The majority are out of the shotgun/pistol. But he's getting plenty of reps from under center.

Nice work bro.

Thanks for the Bernstine tid-bit, he's my camp longshot, I hope that kid makes the team.

Over course after the fact I think of some more focused questions but if anyone reading knows I'm all ears and thanks

What unit does Bernstine play in the secondary, the 3rd team?

Does Bernstine play on special teams

the play I saw was him knocking T Davis. now I need to go back and look at my tweets but it was either 2nd or 3rd team. I'm going to guess 3rd but could of been 2nd with cousins I'n at QB.

about special teams that's one thing I didn't watch unfortunately:(

I tried my best watching secondary but it was difficult for me. I got caught up watching the football. I know you were interested in him so when I saw that play I was fortunate enough to see a number and by then I had a full #player sheet

he got there fast and made a good play. I kind of feel bad I didn't watch special teams now cause u got me interested I'n this guy.

I think we need to take a closer look at Robinson to but unfortunately I'm not going back to training camp. maybe after first pre season game but I can't promise. I'd love to though

I do remember during 7-7 drills in the begining Hall kind of looked like he quit on a play one gave a little too much room on another. but Im pretty sure he made a good play after (coverage or maybe batted ball)

They have to practice the quarterback runs, draws, the option, read option, all that stuff too. They can't just make it 90% passing and 10% other stuff. If you don't practice and rep it now, how can you effectively run it in a game? And hell, we might not run in a whole lot it during the regular season, but we still have to run it and rep it as much as possible.

Seems like there's two schools of people---those who are scared to death we won't adjust enough to RG3's skillset and won't take some of what he did at Baylor and put it on our offense, and those who are scared to death that we'll put in too much of the stuff he ran at Baylor and run him into the ground and then he'll get hurt and we'll all be in despair.

NLC1054,

I agree with you.

I wished I saw him throw more cause I was watching him for first time but I can't control that. You got to get an arsenal (throw run etc...). you got to keep defense on it's toes. it's all apart of a learning process. I wasnt upset with anything just surprised I saw a bunch of set running plays for him but you got to practice a bunch. hopefully it make for more excitement:)

I was hearing a bunch of talk on offense side of ball sometimes from RG3 and Orakpo on defense as well. "watch this etc" I liked that

NLC1054,

I agree with you.

I wished I saw him throw more cause I was watching him. You got to get an arsenal (throw run etc...). you got to keep defense on it's toes. it's all apart of a learning process. I wasnr upset with anything just surprised I saw a bunch of set running plays for him but you got to practice a bunch

I was hearing a bunch of talk on offense side of ball sometimes from RG3 and Orakpo on defense. "watch this etc"

It definitely varies from practice to practice. I remember the practice that I went to was very pass heavy. I don't think Robert rushed with the ball more than 10 times. That is including designed runs and scrambles.

I always find that so many questions posed by ESers, particularly the paranoid/frantically worried type, are easily answered by coaches and players themselves during interviews. All it takes is a solid reading of a couple of quotes and one would, at the very least, not worry until the same "issues" (which are only such due to the lack of information pertaining to what calls are being made or how practice is being run) show up in games.

Quotes like these from RG3:

On how his timing will be affected by playing in a live game:

“It’s just about knowing where you need to go with the ball. A lot of times in practice, you can’t really tell, because Coach is making the defenders stop pass rushing. They’re not going to hit you in practice, because you want to get those reps that throwing the ball and things of that nature. I’ll see whether things open up a lot more with the pass rush or whether things get clogged up a lot more. It’ll be interesting to see what happens. By no means am I looking to run a lot in the preseason or in this preseason game. Hopefully, I can go out, we can protect, we can throw the ball around and be successful.”

On if he holds the ball longer in practice to get more repetitions going through reads:

“Yeah, guys are sitting in your lap in practice, because they stop. The offensive linemen know they’re going to stop. The defensive linemen know they’re going to stop. It’s just precautionary to make sure that you don’t hurt your quarterbacks, not just myself, but Rex [Grossman] and the other guys as well. You want to make sure you get through everything, but once it becomes live contact, guys are going to hit you. We’ll see what happens.”

On why he hasn’t been throwing down the field often during training camp:

“I think it’s because the defense has been taking it away from us. They’ve been constantly putting coverage over the top. You have to take what the defense is giving you and we’re not going to game plan our own defense. If we game planned our own defense we probably could take more shots down the field, but Coach [Mike Shanahan] decided not to do that. Maybe I’ll convince him one day to do it, but right now we’ll just continue to work on the things we need to work on.”

And this one from Rex:

“You don’t want to waste reps because your left guard or somebody got beat... I know he believes a lot of those, he would have escaped quicker and got out of there and would have made a great play, probably. I think he doesn’t escape to go through his progressions.”

In summary, Griffin wants to get the progressions of the offense down pat. He really doesn't care so much about getting hit because, well, he won't get hit. They're just practicing everything right now so he can understand it. Once the bullets start flying, he's not going to just sit in the pocket. He's never done that his entire career. Furthermore, they're not even game-planning against our D so far this camp, so there's no reason why he should feel like he has to be perfect and move the ball. Right now it's about learning as much as the offense as possible and getting comfortable with it.

I think I'm going to believe what all of these quotes indicate over any speculation generated by tweets tweeted by journalists who have no idea what each practice entails as far as Robert is concerned. Yeah.

Does Deangelo Hall ever shut the **** up?

I mean really, how ****made of him to ridicule our rookie qb openly like that. smh...is it too much to ask to wait until after practice and talk to him about it privately?

I'm not just ****ing because it's Hall, either. I'd be pissed if Josh WIlson did the same. Classless.

Does Deangelo Hall ever shut the **** up?

I mean really, how ****made of him to ridicule our rookie qb openly like that. smh...is it too much to ask to wait until after practice and talk to him about it privately?

I'm not just ****ing because it's Hall, either. I'd be pissed if Josh WIlson did the same. Classless.

How is it classless?

Was it classless when Brandon Meriweather told RG3 "You need to throw that ****!" when RG3 pulled it down on a run? No.

It's friggin' practice. RG3 and Orakpo have apparently been trash talking since day one. Hell, RG3 has trash-talked Orakpo publicly. Is that classless?

Relax. It's just practice. People talking trash, and quite frankly getting tired of staring at each other every day.

How is it classless?

Was it classless when Brandon Meriweather told RG3 "You need to throw that ****!" when RG3 pulled it down on a run? No.

Seems like a world of difference between that, and accusing a QB of closing his eyes in fear of getting hit by a CB..

I stand by my statement. It just rubs me the wrong way.You don't have to agree, though.

I may be a little overly defensive about Griffin.

I agree it's the things Hall says that makes Hall look like an ass. He isn't talking harmless trash there but implying Griff is a coward and afraid to take a hit in my opinion. Hall needs to just chill with all the mouthing sometimes, it seems like he's always saying something off key and it comes off like he's an *******. Just my opinion but I wish he would quiet down sometimes with his mouth and just play some football.

This is a team. People have relationships and dynamics that we aren't privy to. RGIII isn't a baby. What do you think JPP, Osi, Ware, Cole, Babin will have for him, milk and cookies? It's the NFL.

If you were sitting with your mate and someone overheard your conversation they might think you were saying horrible things to one another, but when you don't know the history/relationship things can seem much worse than they really are. It's trash talk. And it's noting compared to what RGIII will encounter during the season.

We should all be patient with RGIII but we don't need to be hypersenstive and treat him like Joe Glass.

He's not implying anything. You are reading his words and then placing your own context onto it based on biases. I very much doubt if Josh Wilson said anything like that anyone would blink, much less call it classless.

DeAngelo Hall could become a deaf mute tomorrow and people would get pissed because he signed too much. Honestly...

---------- Post added August-7th-2012 at 02:30 AM ----------

We should all be patient with RGIII but we don't need to be hypersenstive and treat him like Joe Glass.

Apparently the team needs to say exclusively positive things about RG3 all the time. And DeAngelo Hall should just never talk again. Literally. He should take a vow of silence.

Of course I suppose then people would just get pissed off about his body language. "He is using his hands too much! So disrespectful!"

Has anyone heard anything about Dejon Gomes? Don't think I've seen anything since day 1 or so.

And did anyone catch the Shanny presser today, when he was asked about Griffin "going against a defense gave you a lot of trouble" last season?

He kinda smiled, paused, and said there was a reason they had trouble with them last year.

At least he didn't come out and say John Beck was a deer in the headlights....lol.

I agree it's the things Hall says that makes Hall look like an ass. He isn't talking harmless trash there but implying Griff is a coward and afraid to take a hit in my opinion. Hall needs to just chill with all the mouthing sometimes, it seems like he's always saying something off key and it comes off like he's an *******. Just my opinion but I wish he would quiet down sometimes with his mouth and just play some football.

D-hall is a captain, RG3 is a rook. Nobody is gonna hand the crown to RG3 till he proves it. Especially in the nfl where all these guys were stars in college and they know what it takes to stick in the NFL so there is no reason for the vets to give any rookie the Tom Brady respect untill they prove themselves.

I agree it's the things Hall says that makes Hall look like an ass. He isn't talking harmless trash there but implying Griff is a coward and afraid to take a hit in my opinion. Hall needs to just chill with all the mouthing sometimes, it seems like he's always saying something off key and it comes off like he's an *******. Just my opinion but I wish he would quiet down sometimes with his mouth and just play so

mF football.

What would meangelo know hitting a QB? I don't think he had ever done that.

Archived