Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Tuesday 7/31: Training Camp Tweets

7 on 7 is the dumbest thing in football.

There are five linemen on the field. A lot of teams don't count the center as a lineman. 7+ 5 = 12. Are we playing Canadian rules football?

I hate it. As a coach, as a spectator, whatever. LBs don't respect run because there's no threat, so they go directly into pass routes. I guess it's good for seeing route combos, but it's unrealistic. Football is played with linemen on the field.

7 on 7 is the dumbest thing in football.

There are five linemen on the field. A lot of teams don't count the center as a lineman. 7+ 5 = 12. Are we playing Canadian rules football?

I hate it. As a coach, as a spectator, whatever. LBs don't respect run because there's no threat, so they go directly into pass routes. I guess it's good for seeing route combos, but it's unrealistic. Football is played with linemen on the field.

Eh, 90% of the stuff you see in training camp would be unrealistic during the regular season...

Rich Tandler's camp thoughts:

http://www.realredskins.com/rich-tandlers-real-redsk/2012/07/tuesday-practice-report-rak-on-the-attack.html

—Leonard Hankerson looks like a different player than he did a year ago. Not only is he holding onto the ball better, he looks more fluid as he runs his routes. He was a college kid at this time last year, he’s learning how to be a pro now.

—Brandon Banks made a Tyree-style catch, pinning the ball to his helmet with one hand as he ran down the sideline.

—Then, a few plays later, Banks dropped an easy one. He kicked the ball into the crowd in disgust, drawing an admonishment from Brandon Meriweather. “Control your emotions, that’s 15 yards.”

—Anthony Armstrong, in a battle for a roster spot, made a nice one-hand catch of deep pass but he was out of bounds. Soon after that he toasted Josh Wilson deep and RG3 delivered a strike.

—Brian Orakpo is all over the place. He read a bubble screen to Pierre Garçon and was right on top of the receiver just as he made the catch.

—Alfred Morris twice found the opening on the outside zone play and cut into the hole for a nice gain. It was classic one-cut, zone blocking scheme running.

hmm seems like Morgan might be just an injury prone dude
Not sure if he srs or trolling
Im serious. "Tightness/soreness" is another word for a grade 1 strain usually. I wish him the best and I think he has tons of potential but he had the injury bug in SF hope it doesn't follow him here. If it was someone else I wouldn't have paid any mind but since its him it raises an eyebrow. Thats all
File it under "not every thought should be a post." :)
35s Redskins ‏@Redskins

Shanahan thinks WR/R Brandon Banks has finally matured as a pro, and is healthy because he had a good offseason and is take care of body.

2m Redskins ‏@Redskins

Shanahan says full offseason plan allows for a "relaxed" learning environment, where "no one is in a rush." #skinscamp

3m Redskins ‏@Redskins

Shanahan says he thinks Hall's motivation is derived from the talent acquisition on the roster this offseason. #skinscamp

4m Redskins ‏@Redskins

Shanahan says he thinks CB DeAngelo Hall is capable of playing anywhere in the secondary because of his ball skills. #skinscamp

5m Redskins ‏@Redskins

Shanahan says LB Perry Riley is a natural football player who he expects to make big strides in 2012. #skinscamp

6m Redskins ‏@Redskins

Shanahan says Josh Morgan strained hamstring, out for a few days. FB Darrel Young out 1-2 weeks with a pulled hamstring. #skinscamp

Yup I was justa trollin'

Eh, 90% of the stuff you see in training camp would be unrealistic during the regular season...

Still doesn't change the fact that I hate it. Even when my guys do it. It's pointless.Defenses are at a major disadvantage, too, as the quarterback has an eternity to throw the football.

Still doesn't change the fact that I hate it. Even when my guys do it. It's pointless.Defenses are at a major disadvantage, too, as the quarterback has an eternity to throw the football.

I see your point as well. On a side note;

One thing about training camp I remember was how well Jarvis Jenkins was doing last year, started to see some of that in preseason till he got injured. I remember listening about Chris Johnson in training camp as a rookie because Im an ECU fan. Lots of people kept saying watch out!!! then look what happened. At least it gives you a taste, doesn't mean it will pan out, but gives you an idea

Yup I was justa trollin'

Really? All those quotes? Are you that fragile? Not to belabor this, or interfere with anyone's desire to be a dumbass (yet), but a strained hamstring in TC is pretty common whether a guy has had much in the way of previous injuries or not. ;)

Now I'm going to repeat what for you in particular might be some very good advice: "not every thought needs to be a post." :)

Redskins ‏@Redskins

#Redskins CB Kevin Barnes catches a screen pass from Rex Grossman, deflected at the line of scrimmage. Runs ball back for a TD. #skinscamp

What the hell? Grossman didn't run him down at the other end of the field? What poor effort on his part.

Edit: annnd was about 5 pages too late on this one, sorry everyone, been a long day

You guys think Banks is closing in on a roster spot? I think it comes down to week 4 in pre season at the WR position

It could for the final spot...we obviously know the top 4 (Garcon, Hankerson, Moss, and Morgan). I think if Banks can contribute on offense, the spot is his. I was not convinced he was a viable option at WR, but it is looking like I was selling him short (pun intended).

Archived