Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NFL.com: Browns' Josh Gordon has 'Randy Moss-like talents'

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d82aa5ab5/article/browns-josh-gordon-has-randy-mosslike-talents?module=HP11_headline_stack

The Cleveland Browns can't predict what they have in rookie receiver Josh Gordon, but the team burnt a 2013 second-round draft pick in hopes of something special.

How does a young Randy Moss sound?

Hold your laughter. One NFL executive told ESPN's Adam Schefter that Gordon, taken by Cleveland in last week's supplemental draft, possesses "Randy Moss-like talents."

[...]Browns president Mike Holmgren has said from the start he wants to build this team through the draft. He's stuck to the playbook, acquiring running back Trent Richardson and quarterback Brandon Weeden in April. The team believes Gordon -- alongside Greg Little -- can awaken this passing game, which has slept soundly for years.

Comparing anyone to Moss is a stretch. Besides, we have a more pressing question for this NFL executive: Assuming you aren't paid by the Browns, how are you explaining to your boss that you've just passed on the next Randy Moss? Sounds like a fun chat.

...Yes, he has talents like Randy Moss. Despite being slower, shorter, less accomplished than Moss was coming out, and possessing none of the freakish athletic ability that Moss has.

Other than the fact that he's nothing like Randy Moss, he's exactly like Randy Moss.

Since losing out on RGIII, the Cleveland Browns and their anonymous sources are trying to feed their fans a whole lot of bull**** through the media.

And the browns fans are lapping it up.

take a look at their boards, they're optimistic they've got a legit chance this year.

The brownies FO does a better job of spinning than Baghdad Bob.

baghdad_bob_1.jpg

"We did not want that shrimp RG3, Weeden was who we had targeted all along!"

And the browns fans are lapping it up.

take a look at their boards, they're optimistic they've got a legit chance this year.

The brownies FO does a better job of spinning than Baghdad Bob.

Hold on a sec. Shefter's piece attributed the Moss-like talent quote to "an NFL executive" - not the Cleveland Browns. The Browns like what they have in Gordon, but they weren't the ones comparing him to Moss.

Hold on a sec. Shefter's piece attributed the Moss-like talent quote to "an NFL executive" - not the Cleveland Browns. The Browns like what they have in Gordon, but they weren't the ones comparing him to Moss.

Never said they were. I was just commenting on their spin control after their debacle of a draft, and the overall optimism on their boards about their chances this year.

From what I've seen of Gordon, he reminds me of TO with better hands and more speed. Browns are taking heat for the pick, but I see it as a decent gamble. If he had stayed at Utah and played he likely would of been projected as a 2nd rd pick in 2013. Maybe a 1st rd pick with his talent and a strong year.

it could always be a cleveland browns executive...

Could be, but as written the implication is that it's an exec from a different team.
Schefter acknowledges "major questions" about Gordon's maturity, determination, and decision making.

that would be the more important quote to take away from schefter on this matter.

Well he does have Randy Moss like talents for getting into trouble. I do recall Moss having to transfer from FSU to Marshall for drug problems just like Gordon had to leave Baylor because of his suspension for... oh hey it was marijuana...he IS like Randy Moss.

Only...you know, when Moss when to Marshall he caught over 20 tds and had two amazing seasons before getting drafted. He was also taller, lighter, and ran a 4.25 40 rather than a 4.52 BUT I MEAN COME ON THEY'RE LIKE THE SAME GUY.

Why does this article irritate Redskins fans so much? Articles of this sort are being written about all young and possibly up and coming players around the NFL right now.

Browns are building a solid core of youth through the draft, they could develop into something in the next 3-5 years, but it'll be tough in that division.

Why does this article irritate Redskins fans so much? Articles of this sort are being written about all young and possibly up and coming players around the NFL right now.

Browns are building a solid core of youth through the draft, they could develop into something in the next 3-5 years, but it'll be tough in that division.

I think that it should make any fan of the sport laugh that anybody is comparing the talents of a supplemental draft pick who played 1 meaningful season in college to one of the most talented WR's ever to play the game. Who said anybody was irritated?

Archived