Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NFL.com: Browns' Josh Gordon has 'Randy Moss-like talents'

Why does this article irritate Redskins fans so much? Articles of this sort are being written about all young and possibly up and coming players around the NFL right now.

Browns are building a solid core of youth through the draft, they could develop into something in the next 3-5 years, but it'll be tough in that division.

because comparing a supplemental pick to a guy who is probably in the HoF (don't know haven't really looked into his numbers), is just silly and happens all the time. every kid that comes out now is "the next" someone, and a very small percentage actually making impact at all in the NFL, especially supplemental picks.

plus if you follow cleveland's PR/FO you would have been expecting this kind of comment to come out about this kid.

because comparing a supplemental pick to a guy who is probably in the HoF (don't know haven't really looked into his numbers), is just silly and happens all the time. every kid that comes out now is "the next" someone, and a very small percentage actually making impact at all in the NFL, especially supplemental picks.

plus if you follow cleveland's PR/FO you would have been expecting this kind of comment to come out about this kid.

I agree that this happens all the time, that's my point. Why does this specific case invoke such hostility among skins fans? There were in sure tons of articles written this year comparing some prospect to some hofer, yet this specific case is the one that draws skins fans attention. My question is why?

I agree that this happens all the time, that's my point. Why does this specific case invoke such hostility among skins fans? There were in sure tons of articles written this year comparing some prospect to some hofer, yet this specific case is the one that draws skins fans attention. My question is why?

If by "hostility" you mean "guffaws of laughter at the idiocy of it all", then you may have a point.

If, though, by "hostility" you mean "hostility", then you're so far off base they could tag you out with an underhand lob from the pitcher.

There is no hostility. We just think it's dumb. As have been many of the moves the Browns have made.

And if there is hostility, it is only because the Browns keep trying to rewrite history and retroactively badmouth our shiny new toy in the process, i.e "the Browns decided they didn't want RG3 because he was too short and was a run first QB" despite Mike Holmgren whining on a conference call with Browns season ticket holders about how they tried everything possible to get RG3 but the relationship between Fisher and Shanahan interfered, not the fact that the Browns tried to play hardball and then screwed themselves.

Inherently, every article that says "so-and-so is the next whoever" is sort of stupid. This particular case draws a lot of attention because Randy Moss is a freak of nature, a once in a lifetime, probably will never be another one kind of athlete. There is nothing about Gordon's track record, skillset or athletic ability that is remotely Randy Moss-esque. Hell, Calvin Johnson isn't even Randy Moss-esque.

"We think he has the potential to be a solid addition for us", sure. I can buy that, after some development. "We think he has Randy Moss like talents?". Sure, in the alternate universe where Devin Thomas is on his way to the Hall of Fame, because that's probably the dude who most closely mirrors his ability.

...Yes, he has talents like Randy Moss. Despite being slower, shorter, less accomplished than Moss was coming out, and possessing none of the freakish athletic ability that Moss has.

Other than the fact that he's nothing like Randy Moss, he's exactly like Randy Moss.

Couldn't agree more, I came into the thread just to post this exact same thing. Gordon's athletic ability is really overrated...

If you post those other articles they'll get mocked as well. It's what happens on message boards. I didn't think the reaction to this one was particularly hostile. It's just a normal reaction to obvious hyperbole.

Browns president Mike Holmgren has said from the start that he wants to build this team through the draft. The Browns have stuck to the playbook, acquiring running back Trent Richardson and quarterback Brandon Weeden in April. The team believes Gordon -- alongside Greg Little -- can awaken the passing game, which has slept soundly for years.

Lol - The snoring will continue for a while.

Browns president Mike Holmgren has said from the start that he wants to build this team through the draft. The Browns have stuck to the playbook, acquiring running back Trent Richardson and quarterback Brandon Weeden in April. The team believes Gordon -- alongside Greg Little -- can awaken the passing game, which has slept soundly for years.

That's because no free agents will come to Cleveland.

And the browns fans are lapping it up.

take a look at their boards, they're optimistic they've got a legit chance this year.

Why wouldn't they be? They added a guy who they believe is their future franchise QB and one of the better RB prospects in recent memory. It's no different than you guys being optimistic about the Skins' chances because of RG3. None of these rookies have even attended a padded practice yet, let alone proven anything in the NFL. But fans hope they will very soon.

Why wouldn't they be? They added a guy who they believe is their future franchise QB and one of the better RB prospects in recent memory. It's no different than you guys being optimistic about the Skins' chances because of RG3. None of these rookies have even attended a padded practice yet, let alone proven anything in the NFL. But fans hope they will very soon.

Because their front office reminds me of a rudderless ship, much like our own was a few years back.

I realize they have no choice but to be optimistic about the future, but their FO has stumbled from one error to the next, for the last few years.

And this is going to be the year they knock the steelers off??? I hardly think so.

Mike Holmgren hasn't exactly been the best at drafting players that have made an impact in the NFL. I don't remember anyone in Seattle or in Cleveland that were must have players. Greg Little was a very good receiver in college but his rookie season wasn't one to remember. Gordon has some skills but is he as good as advertised or is he the product of Baylor's passing game and RGIII"s accuracy? Holmgren's job is on the line and needs to hit a homerun with this draft class or he may be gone.

Archived