Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

This makes me sick (and the results make me smile): Bullying the Bus Monitor

SnyderShrugged

Kids will be kids, but the parents need to be held responsible for this. Where is the home training?

Why should the parents be responsible for their kids stupidity? You need to teach these kids a lesson. By punishing the parents, the kids get away with it and they learn nothing. You punish the kids, you are indirectly punishing the parents.

But, you'll be glad to know that through a kickstarter account, in less than 24 hours, $160,000 has been donated to give this woman a vacation of a lifetime.

That's one thing that's great about this country. We are quick to come to the defense of someone who's been done wrong.

Why should the parents be responsible for their kids stupidity? You need to teach these kids a lesson. By punishing the parents, the kids get away with it and they learn nothing. You punish the kids, you are indirectly punishing the parents.

A kid properly trained by their parents will surely still get into mischief, but abuse of the elderly? No way.

Kids ARE far worse than ever. And the problem is parenting.

That AND social media.

---------- Post added June-21st-2012 at 11:43 AM ----------

A kid properly trained by their parents will surely still get into mischief, but abuse of the elderly? No way.

Good kids that get caught up with the wrong crowds will forget everything they were taught at home. Peer pressure is a very powerful thing.

I think the national divorce rate (affecting the stability of households) also factors into how kids (as a whole) behave these days. Single parenting, single parents not being able to constantly be in their kids ears, keeping them in line, parents bickering selfishly over their children, not always thinking about what would be in their best interest, etc. I'm not really sure how social media plays a part in this however.

Children are complete jackasses. I know, because I was a jackass kid, even if I never engaged in behavior like this.

It's up to the parents to teach their children better. This is a parenting failure. It has nothing to do with anything else.

So you think the parents taught their kids to be this disrespectful? I'm not saying these kids parents are good parents, but I'm not ready to say this is 100% a parenting issue.

I'm not sure if this is right at all but I found her facebook and messaged her.

This is Karen's actual facebook. Made before the incident happened.

I think it would be real cool for those of us that DON'T have the time and resources to send money, to simply give a short positive message for her to continue on with in her life.

here is the link.. not sure if this is appropriate so gladly take this down if it isn't (or I will)

http://www.facebook.com/#!/kklein1944

I stopped watching about 2 minutes in, if that was my kid DHS may have to put me in jail and take the kid away. I'm by no means the best father but at least I know my daughter would never do anything that cruel.

I know this would never happen but let coaches drive the bus, I didn't **** my coaches in school.

So you think the parents taught their kids to be this disrespectful? I'm not saying these kids parents are good parents, but I'm not ready to say this is 100% a parenting issue.

What else could it be? This is a tough age for kids - it's when they are really coming into their own in terms of delveoping a self identity and seeing what the boundaries are. So it's up to parents to explain, and more importantly teach their kids, that behavior like this really sucks. And to explain WHY it sucks.

Granted, sometimes parents are really busy trying to make it in this economy, and they don't always have time to go over every possible scenario with their kids. There are probably some parents who are horrified that their children took part in this, and they thought that they had taught them better. It might not have ever occurred to them that their children were capable of such behavior.

And of course, some kids just rebel, because they think it's cool. Other kids have lousy family situations through no fault of their own, and they were never taught why respecting older people is important. And when they see other kids engaging in this type of behavior, it becomes important to them join in. So I get that it's not a simple situation.

But in the end, good parenting prevents this.

It's up to the parents to teach their children values and the difference between right and wrong. Chances are some of these kids don't get involved if there was proper home training.

I understand. But at 12, you don't necessarily understand what is decent and what is not. Their brains are not fully formed, and to them what is a rational decision seems insane to an adult. That is where fear comes in. If they make a rational decision (to them) that results in them being disciplined, the next time that situation presents itself, the fear of disappointing mom/dad and receiving punishment might be enough to nudge them over to the good side of the decision making process. Children need to have a healthy fear of parents (like people should have of animals - pull a dogs tail (not your pet) the first time, the nip on the wrist is a warning; next time, the bite lets you now to back off; the third time, blood is drawn and the kid knows better from that point forward). Punishing your children needs to involve a little pain (not physical, mind you) for them.

IDK, I think 12 is sufficiently old enough to distinguish between the two. These kids very likely come from degenerate parents who are not involved enough in their lives and it's really quite sad.

This takes the cake for worst race-baiting post. WTF does this have to with ANYTHING posted in this thread, responses, or the original incident?

Though it may or may not have a place in this thread, discussing this topic, I think he was making a point, which I don't disagree with. And I wouldn't classify it as a baiting type of post, if you read it carefully.

For me, it isn't about fear. It's about decency. Kids shouldn't behave only because of fear of punishment, but because of an understanding of right and wrong and where the lines are that shouldn't be crossed. That's where these kids and their parents fail.

Couldn't agree more. I think some amount of fear of reprimand is healthy, but teaching kids how to be decent human beings goes beyond "treat the teacher with respect or else it's doomsday for you." I suppose it's easier to teach some kids that than others, but somehow I have the feeling that the parents of some of those kids never made it a priority to teach them how to treat people with respect and decency.

IDK, I think 12 is sufficiently old enough to distinguish between the two. These kids very likely come from degenerate parents who are not involved enough in their lives and it's really quite sad.

I don't know. It's definitely wrong on so many levels. I don't think it necessarily means that bad parenting is the case in all of these kids situations though.

I remember there being good kids getting caught up in bad situations because of peer pressure.

Maybe in this situation. One of the "cool kids" started tormenting this lady and others joined in so they could be part of the "cool" group. I'm not saying that makes it right though.

Archived