Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

CONCACAF 2014 World Cup Qualification - Play Resumes June 4

renaissance

Link isn't working for me

I see it's about Pontius. **** yea he has earned a shot.

yes, it is about Pontius and yes he has earned a shot

---------- Post added March-23rd-2013 at 12:37 AM ----------

Pontius has been called multiple times but he's declined due to injury. He wanted to make sure he wasn't injured for DCU.

yeah, the article covers that. I think he may outgrow MLS

CR's manager was complaining that the match should have been abandoned. I hope that we can file a similar complaint if it gets too hot and humid in Central America in a few months.

Or if the air is too thick, or the pitch is too rocky, or there is too much dirt on the pitch, or the referee wants the central American team to win and tries his best to make that happen...

funny, they said ref asked both teams during the time where he stopped the game. the announcers thought the game had been called. At the time CR was carrying the play which was why they were thought to not want the game halted.

I loved playing in the snow the few times I got to. It is very different.

funny, they said ref asked both teams during the time where he stopped the game. the announcers thought the game had been called. At the time CR was carrying the play which was why they were thought to not want the game halted.

Yes the Costa Rican players clearly wanted to conitinue. i thought for sure they were going to score after the ref resumed play.

I played in NCSL in NoVa and never got to play in conditions like that. Played in massive rain storms with standing puddles on the field (freaking amazingly fun was a state cup tourney) but never the snow. I can't see how that game would be allowed to count towards qualifying towards the World Cup. Winning a game in a snowstorm proves nothing really the ref should have called the game whether the teams said they were good to go or not. It looked like beach soccer. Def obvious the CRs hoped to steal a cheap win on the road against the US and is def why they choose to continue.... Now that they lost why not claim it was ridulous? Fifa needs to hold what's done is done.

Why not protest while the game was going on? They had ample opportunity to tell the ref they wanted to stop the game when he stopped play.

What a bunch of ****es.

They were trying to steal a point or 3 on the road as they were having the better of play when the discussion to continue or not was going on. I understand what they were up to but it was def cheap. FIFA will recognize the result what's done is done. I remember for the 98 world cup Italy had to qualify by beating Russia in the snow (Euros 2nd place vs 2nd place to get in) after drawing the first leg in Italy so it's not the first time something like this has happened and that game had way more on the line.

Official FIFA protest rules state that the on-field captain has to lodge a protest with official, including the opponents captain, during the game; the countries federation has to file written appeal within 2 hours of the end of the game; and an official appeal has to be filed with FIFA within 24 hours of the end of the game. None of the stipulations were met, and FIFA is still hearing the protest. We are about to get screwed....

Official FIFA protest rules state that the on-field captain has to lodge a protest with official, including the opponents captain, during the game; the countries federation has to file written appeal within 2 hours of the end of the game; and an official appeal has to be filed with FIFA within 24 hours of the end of the game. None of the stipulations were met, and FIFA is still hearing the protest. We are about to get screwed....

Only if John Mara has taken up an office with FIFA....

Don't understand why the game is at 1030 tomorrow. That's absurd. We've had a 3PM weekday game and now this

The game is in Azteca, if they wanted a night game them this was really there only option. It's probably better for us than having a noon game or so, at least the temperatures will be a bit less

You're right. I guess after seeing the Honduras / Mex game reach triple digits in San Pedro sula I figured it would be a bit warmer.

well usually we play in the late summer there during the afternoon. It just so happens the lottery draw gave us March and Mexico decided on a night game. Honestly couldn't be better besides maybe the timing for East Coast people. Funny thing is this game may have not even been at Azteca is US soccer and Mexico had worked out a deal. Mexico requested the Mexico game not be in Columbus. We told them move their game from Azteca then. That's when a potential deal crumbled.

well usually we play in the late summer there during the afternoon. It just so happens the lottery draw gave us March and Mexico decided on a night game. Honestly couldn't be better besides maybe the timing for East Coast people. Funny thing is this game may have not even been at Azteca is US soccer and Mexico had worked out a deal. Mexico requested the Mexico game not be in Columbus. We told them move their game from Azteca then. That's when a potential deal crumbled.

What do they have against Columbus?

Archived