Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

CONCACAF 2014 World Cup Qualification - Play Resumes June 4

renaissance

There are simply no better options at this point, as indicated by our performance over the last few games. We need someone who can attack up the wing.

It's really that simple.

We need 6 points out of our next 3 games. And Donovan makes that easier to accomplish.

GOALKEEPERS (6) : Brad Guzan (Aston Villa), Tally Hall (Houston Dynamo), Bill Hamid (D.C. United), Tim Howard (Everton), Sean Johnson (Chicago Fire), Nick Rimando (Real Salt Lake)

DEFENDERS (8) : DaMarcus Beasley (Puebla), Matt Besler (Sporting Kansas City), Geoff Cameron (Stoke City), Edgar Castillo (Club Tijuana), Omar Gonzalez (LA Galaxy), Clarence Goodson (Brondby), Fabian Johnson (Hoffenheim), Michael Parkhurst (Augsburg)

MIDFIELDERS (10) : Michael Bradley (Roma), Joe Corona (Club Tijuana), Brad Davis (Houston Dynamo), Maurice Edu (Bursaspor), Stuart Holden (Bolton), Jermaine Jones (Schalke), Sacha Kljestan (Anderlecht), Brek Shea (Stoke City), Danny Williams (Hoffenheim), Graham Zusi (Sporting Kansas City)

FORWARDS (5) : Jozy Altidore (AZ Alkmaar), Terrence Boyd (Rapid Vienna), Clint Dempsey (Tottenham Hotspur), Herculez Gomez (Santos), Eddie Johnson (Seattle Sounders FC)

Again I'll ask- How can ANYONE think we are a better team with Sacha and Danny Williams rather than Donovan?

Also, I would have bet anything a year ago that if I had to say either DMB or Donovan would be off the roster, it wouldnt have been Donovan.

And Finally, what the f&*c has Cherundolo done to deserve this snub?

Ive defended JK forever, but man. This just sucks.

---------- Post added May-16th-2013 at 03:20 PM ----------

And to add, I just noticed Brad Davis. Are you ****ing kidding me!!!!!

A buddy of mine made the point a few weeks back that even the strongest of nations have down cycles. We've been up since around 98 and now we're cycling down. Not sure I agree but it's a thought.

It's one thing to accept that we are in a down cycle (I for one agree). It's another though to specifically exclude players that wouldmake the down cycle not so bad.

Qualify for the WC. That's the goal.

JK's in a tough boat though. He's already been undermined by the Bocanegra thing and now he can't let Donovan walk back in and further undermine what he's trying to do. Although, I'd buy an argument that the players would see him bringing aboard his "best" player despite his own ego as a positive. Also, nothing boosts a player's confidence like being needed (desperately).

JK's in a tough boat though. He's already been undermined by the Bocanegra thing and now he can't let Donovan walk back in and further undermine what he's trying to do. Although, I'd buy an argument that the players would see him bringing aboard his "best" player despite his own ego as a positive. Also, nothing boosts a player's confidence like being needed (desperately).

And yet he allowed Timmy Chandler to do the same sort of thing.

He can make his point (if he needs to) in other ways.

Heck, dont start him in Jamaica, hold it close and watch the Jamaicans **** themselves in the 70th minute when a fresh LD comes off the bunch.

• 3 weeks later...

repost from other soccer thread-

Mexico is going to qualify and probably still top the group. So it's better for the US if they go ahead and just win every game going forward.

A win Friday night by the US would really put us in the drivers seat. Root fro that, plus a Mexico win in Panama and a Honduras-Costa Rica tie.

If those are the results, then the table looks like this-

Mexico 9

USA 7

Costa Rica 5

Panama 5

Honduras 5

Jamaica 2

If my math is right, 16 points now guarentees 3rd place. (Before fridays games).

Jamaica ties it up in the 88th.

Evans gives US the lead! They lead in injury time!

It's good that they got an outcome here today. Couldn't afford a tie, you don't know what could happen. 

Next games against Pan and Hon are on ESPN with our boy Ian Darke

FINAL SCORE

USA WINS! 2-1 THE FINAL! 

Wouldve been a tough tie.  That guy was offsides, but Howard HAS to do better than that.

Mexico and Panama Tie.  Not an idea result for the US, but better than a Panama win.

And unfortunately, Costa Rica beat Honduras.

So the table doesnt seperate like we had hoped.

GWTLGA Pts

Costa Rica 4 2 1 1 5 3 7

USA           4 2 1 1 4 3 7

Mexico       5 1 4 0 3 2 7

Panama     4 1 3 0 5 3 6

Honduras   4 1 1 2 4 6 4

Jamaica     5 0 2 3 2 6 2

Jamaica ties it up in the 88th.

Evans gives US the lead! They lead in injury time!

It's good that they got an outcome here today. Couldn't afford a tie, you don't know what could happen. 

Next games against Pan and Hon are on ESPN with our boy Ian Darke

FINAL SCORE

USA WINS! 2-1 THE FINAL! 

Tie wouldn't have been bad.  If I'm Mexico I'm worried.  Jamaica and Mexico have played a extra game than everyone else.  We're behind on GD but we have a extra game plus lots of home games.  Jamaica is screwed.  Panama away will be tough.  Now Brad gets to play on front of his fans. Pretty cool for him after getting the GWing goal.

sidenote: Remember I said not to jump to the conclusion of Mexico would wipe the floor with everyone. One thing I know about the Hex is it means very little how great you look going into it.

Nice win. I couldn't believe that we pulled that out! I still need to see a good angle for that goal. Not sure if that keeper got beat near or far post? It looked far post but the ball hit the net kinda in the middle and the keeper was diving to his left. Johnny on the spot!

Anyplace to stream the game?

I don't know...I am using the live feed from Fox soccer

http://msn.foxsports.com/foxsoccer/concacaf/matchtrax/Jamaica-vs-United%20States-20130607-2013060710185

goal Altidore!

My recommendation for a Jozy song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ATEUozct-4Y

I don't have the fox soccer package... anyone who watched, how did Beasley look last night and did Jamaica pick on him at all?

Archived