Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

PFT: Redskins cut Leigh Torrence

Too bad, hope he finds work. But, I really am hoping some of our younger CBs step up this year and do something. I'm tired of bad DB play since Williams left. There have been flashes, but no one has been very consistent.

He was an excellent corner for us his first go-round and I was upset to see him go. However, at this point in his career it just doesn't make sense to keep a guy at his age and position on the depth chart around. I wish him all the best.

I wish the guy the best, but I'm not sure which games you were watching if you're referring to his tenure here as excellent.

I remember him as a tough ST player. I wish him well.

I remember him not being able to block an opposing team gunner to save his life. Specifically on punt returns. He'd just get run by, and then would play catch up, and miss. Every time. Finally Danny Smith figured that out (I think it took 2 season) and started always putting a second guy on his side, and they started to have more success.

I don't honesty remember him in the defensive backfield, but I remember him being a tremendous liability on punt blocking.

He was an excellent corner for us his first go-round and I was upset to see him go. However, at this point in his career it just doesn't make sense to keep a guy at his age and position on the depth chart around. I wish him all the best.

Wow, what games were you watching? I remember he cost us a game against the Rams with a stupid pass interference penalty that we had led the whole game.

When I think of Leigh Torrence I still think of him flailing his arms stupidly, Donnie Avery making a 60 yard grab, and the Redskins losing on a time-expiring field goal to the Rams.

Same game that Pete Kendall earned the nickname "Hero".

Archived