Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ranking the best debut albums of all-time (read the OP)

Sticksboi05

Couple of good ones on this page, X I've always liked (even if my grandparents are actually named John and Pauline..) and Oasis just kicks ass.

Besides the music, rock and roll is always more fun when there's a band of english hooligan pissheads getting wasted, trashing hotel rooms and starting fights.

It's a necesary ingredient.

~Bang

Couple of good ones on this page, X I've always liked (even if my grandparents are actually named John and Pauline..) and Oasis just kicks ass.

Besides the music, rock and roll is always more fun when there's a band of english hooligan pissheads getting wasted, trashing hotel rooms and starting fights.

It's a necesary ingredient.

~Bang

Would you agree Definitely Maybe is their best album?

'Definitely Maybe' was the fastest selling debut album in UK history I believe. However, it is often over shadowed by 'Morning Glory', particularly in the United States. To me, what sets 'Definitely Maybe' apart from 'Morning Glory' (other than its more raw, rock n roll sound) is Noel Gallagher's song writing. Songs like 'live forever' and 'rock n roll star' are truly inspiring considering Noel's situation at the time he wrote them. He had wealth and fame by the time he wrote wonderwall, champagne Supernova, etc...Still great songs, but not as pure as his first collection of songs which were written in a time of poverty and unemployment.

To be honest, I can't get through Wonderwall anymore.

Speaking of brits, let's also add this.. Not as good as Definitely Maybe but great, great.

arctic_monkeys_whatever_people_say_i_am.jpg

• 5 months later...

Man, I can't believe no one has mentioned this. Maybe someone has, but I was just looking through at the album covers and not reading posts.

Are_You_Experienced_-_US_cover-edit.jpg

There's some filler on here but some legendary songs as well. He completely changed perceptions as to what was possible. When Lennon and McCartney are known as jealous of this man's talent...thats when you know true greatness.

Had to choose between Smashing Pumpkins and this one......

damen.JPG

Ruff Ryder's Anthem

Get At Me Dog

Damien

I Can Feel It

Stop Being Greedy

Let Me Fly

I think I enjoyed it more than Doggystyle and Reasonable Doubt. Jay-Z is my favorite rapper all time, so not even hating on him. This album isn't as good as Illmatic or NWA's debut, but man he was so original.

Alot of great music in here. I think I own about 75% of these. Was thinking Nirvana and was surprised to see it almost made it all the way this far.

All the pics aren't loading for me, so maybe i've already missed this one, but I haven't seen Matchbox 20, Yourself or someone like you. Thought it was a great cd. Moreso liked the "non-hits" more than the hits.

Matchbox20-YourselfOrSomeoneLikeYou.jpg

Archived