Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Per ESPN Colts confirm to Andrew Luck he will be number 1 Pick

gobigred

Thats a bit concerning. If multiple scouts have come with attitude issues. I agree with his poor pocket awareness and have been saying that for a year. He throws a better ball than Vick though.

The problem is with the whole "anonymous scouts" thing. Like, a lot of that list, you see actual named people giving their opinion on a prospect. On RG3, you've got four unnamed sources and unnamed scouts, who could very well be guys from the Colts (trying to sell a fanbase that was already skeptical about RG3 even more that Luck's the better pick), or from a team like the Browns who tried to trade up for him. The fact of the matter is, there has been NO indication in a HUGE and lengthy evaluation process that remotely begins to suggest that he has character concerns. "He doesn't treat anybody good"? Really? Hell of a time for that piece of news to come out, a week before the draft, with the Colts making it clear they're taking RG3, especially given Irsay has subtlely been taking digs at RG3's character the whole way.

Just wondering, but has anybody seen any video of Griffin where he didn't end every sentence addressed to someone else with SIR? The dude is southern class. We should start a trend. After every touchdown he throws or runs in, the whole crowd should chant:

THANK YOU, SIR!

THANK YOU, SIR!

THANK YOU, SIR!

Thats a bit concerning. If multiple scouts have come with attitude issues. I agree with his poor pocket awareness and have been saying that for a year. He throws a better ball than Vick though.

These are the two best explanations for why all of a sudden this news is coming out now, when all year we've heard nothing but how good a guy Griffin is:

"It's not shocking for reports like this to surface from scouts a week away from the draft, as teams try to create smoke in the hopes of a player falling to them."

http://www.sbnation.com/ncaa-football/2012/4/19/2960076/robert-griffin-iii-nfl-draft-2012

....and....

"Very strange that, after several months and thousands of things written about RGIII, we're just now finding out that he has an apparent "selfish streak".

Not saying it is or isn't true. Just saying beware of reports that come out the week of the draft."

http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2012/4/19/2960107/2012-nfl-draft-robert-griffin-iii

---------- Post added April-19th-2012 at 11:34 AM ----------

Wilbon has "sources" that claim the Colts are leaning towards RG3. This is good, because Mike Shanahan is a racist meanie.

You know, I think Wilbon used to be a pretty good journalist, now he's just another lazy one.

Just wondering, but has anybody seen any video of Griffin where he didn't end every sentence addressed to someone else with SIR? The dude is southern class. We should start a trend. After every touchdown he throws or runs in, the whole crowd should chant:

THANK YOU, SIR!

THANK YOU, SIR!

THANK YOU, SIR!

Nothing southern about it at all!

It comes from growing up an Army BRAT in the military life - I'm not to different with the sir and ma'am

Nothing southern about it at all!

It comes from growing up an Army BRAT in the military life - I'm not to different with the sir and ma'am

I grew up in a southern family AND was in the military, so I can't help it now. Even when someone tells me not to call them "Sir" or "M'am" I have to resist the urge.

It's kind of cloudy over here, and the grass is a yellowish type of color from people not taking care of it. :ols:

But a little less pollen-ny than it was a few days ago before the rain, so that's always good. For awhile it looked like the sky was raining green pixie dust. **** drove me and my truck insane.

I grew up in a southern family AND was in the military, so I can't help it now. Even when someone tells me not to call them "Sir" or "M'am" I have to resist the urge.

I did too, just saying that I've heard it more from mil-brats than in the country (aka Virginia, Louisiana, Texas, OK, Kansas) - "I'm am trying to wow you with my credentials...Now just say wow!

I can see the media now.

Griffin goes 11 for 21 for 123 yds and 1 pick in his first game,

and everybody will say the scouts were so right. He has a selfish attitude and doesnt care about other people.:doh:

Forget the fact that right after winning the heisman, RGIII went to a childrens hospital to visit sick kids. Oh and lets forget about the fact that he wanted his proday at Baylor to be a showcase for other guys in the draft.

And how about that he wanted the photo shoot for his cover of EA college football to be done at Baylor to showcase his pride in what Baylor has done for him.

etc, etc, etc

Archived