Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Per ESPN Colts confirm to Andrew Luck he will be number 1 Pick

gobigred

Nope. Only the top pick can be signed before the draft. It's a dumb rule, but it is the rule.

not that it matters much anymore with the rookie wage scale in effect now... if this had been 3 years ago, Colts probably would have made their decision much sooner in order to begin negociations in order to avoid a holdout... not much pressure to make a decision and get a deal done with the scale

not that it matters much anymore with the rookie wage scale in effect now... if this had been 3 years ago, Colts probably would have made their decision much sooner in order to begin negociations in order to avoid a holdout... not much pressure to make a decision and get a deal done with the scale

All true. Not a huge deal, but still a dumb rule.

I could have absolutely sworn I read somewhere that the #2 pick can negotiate a contract after the #1 pick has officially signed. I can't find it. Can someone link to this rule?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/02/22/if-colts-sign-no-1-pick-that-ends-the-pre-draft-process/

NFL spokesman Greg Aiello tells PFT that only the team holding the first overall pick may strike a deal in advance of the draft.

I'm starting to think more and more that the Colts are going to take RG3 with that first pick. I am losing sleep. I need Thursday to hurry up and get here!
I think the same sadly and anyone who thinks otherwise is kidding themselves. I really hope I'm wrong.

I think the same sadly and anyone who thinks otherwise is kidding themselves. I really hope I'm wrong.

Take a deep breath. Robert Griffin III will be a Redskin in just over 48 hours. Relax. He said so himself on the radio about 10 minutes ago :)

Anyone who thinks Luck is going to end up here is kidding themselves, I understand the nervousness but the Colts have been sold on Luck for two years now, they've sold him to the fan base, they've sold it to the players that remain. As much as we exalt RG3 in this side of the country, they are doing the same with Luck. Luck is the prototypical grade-A mechanical passer, emulates Manning to the letter in terms of mechanical soundness, he fits in with them, he has done private workouts with them, they are sold on Luck. And we are sold on RG3, who has refused to do a private workout with the Colts, has been meeting with Skins Coaches ever since the trade, signed autographs in the D.C area, even stated on the radio this morning that he is going to DC and is looking forward to the opportunity to be the Redskins QB. For the Colts to take RG3 at this point would be an elaborate ****up, you don't sell the guy, wine and dine the guy, the projected number one pick for the last few years, and go for the one that you've hardly even met. Take a walk, RG3 will be a Redskin.

If for some fantastically ridiculous reason Luck ends up here, we are still getting a franchise Quarterback.

Nobody is kidding themselves Irsay has already said on twitter and Adam Sheffter reported theyre taking Luck and like NattyBo said RG3 just on Mike and Mike said it was an honor to have a chance to be the #1 pick but he's happy he's the # 2 pick and the future QB in Washington DC. The only reason there is no contract yet because they got to wait to see how much money is in the rookie players pool. Draft picks are slotted now for pay.

I'm starting to think more and more that the Colts are going to take RG3 with that first pick. I am losing sleep. I need Thursday to hurry up and get here!

:ols: what else do they or anyone else need to say to convince you guys... Ok, lets do this again... "Luck WILL be a Colt", "RG3 WILL be a Redskin".... both statements are 100% fact. So rest easy and relax.

I would not simply discount the Colts taking RGIII, with that said though I seriously doubt they do. They put themselves all in with Luck from day one with saying he is Peytons replacement and all of Irsays tweets and interviews (thank god). There is no way they look at the combine, pro day and other work outs with RGIII and say (Whoa...did we put all our eggs in one basket a little to soon?) I think RGIIIs intellegence and arm strength and accuracy was COMPLETELY under rated and I for one am glad that it was over looked by Indy. I am glad to see that the Hiesman Trophy and Davey O'Brien award winner coming to DC. 2 More Days Until RGIII!!!! HTTR!

How are we kidding ourselves?? ESPN reported that Luck has been told he's going to be a Colt. RGIII has said that he's happy he's to have the opportunity to be the QB in Washington. Jim Irsay is having contests where the prize is a football signed by Andrew Luck. RGIII IS our next QB.

Jim Irsay ‏ @JimIrsay

For $200 n NFL football signed by Andrew Luck! Abbys pick!!!! Good LUCK!

Archived