Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Skip Bayless Called out by Jalen Rose

Jacoby6644

This article/video is pretty funny. I don't particularly like Bayless and love the fact that he is put in the spotlight for being a no body. LMAO!!!

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ball-dont-lie/jalen-rose-calls-skip-bayless-air-trumped-high-214530179.html

Him and Cowturd are like two peas in a pod:ols:

Exactly why the only ESPN show I watch is Sportscenter.....Cowherd, Bayless, etc. HATE SPORTS, and HATE SPORTS FANS all Colins show on ESPN radio is telling fans how dumb we are to be so passionate about sports., He constantly tells people that is is "just sports" I do not listen to Sports Talk Radio to get told it is just sports....I stick to more local stuff here, Dan Patrick is probably the most widely publicized guy I listen to.

First Take is the sports version of all the crappy early morning talk shows

Exactly. The only thing those shows contribute are hilarious segments on Bang's Podcast. There's no substance to anything on First Take, or most anything on ESPN in general. I too only watch SportsCenter, but at least they know they're there for highlights and making goofy jokes.

It was actually a pretty good debate today about journalists and how far they should go in criticizing athletes vs. ingratiating themselves to them. Just wish the debate was argued by ANYONE other than Skip and Screamin A Smith. Chris Carter is the only one who kept his credibility throughout the whole debate.

Exactly. The only thing those shows contribute are hilarious segments on Bang's Podcast. There's no substance to anything on First Take, or most anything on ESPN in general. I too only watch SportsCenter, but at least they know they're there for highlights and making goofy jokes.

Even then I find it annoying on Sportcenter. They've turned it from highlights and analysis to basically a talk show with columnists and opinions. It's barely even sports news anymore. If I wanted what I'm getting on Sportscenter, I'd listen to Mike and Mike.

I don't know who is worse, Skip Bayless or Colin Cowherd. I rarely ever watch Sportcenter anymore. Other than live events, the only thing I watch on BSPN is The Sports Reporters, Outside the Lines and 30 for 30 series. If I want highlights, I go to NFL, NHL, MLB or NBA Network. BSPN has their favorite teams to show highlights for and I rarely get to see any of our teams unless they are playing on of their favorites.

I have as little understanding for watching ESPN (or attending to many popular radio media sports shows) as I do for those who watch the Fox News/MSNBC regularly, unless it's just to make fun of what you see. But watching/listening and expecting anything but moronic crap 75% of the time is foolhardy. I think my favorite "owned" though of this type is still seeing what's his name (was it Rome?) get his roody-poo ass kicked for calling Jim Everett "Chrissy." :ols:

Wow I'm watching todays show and it is awkward as hell. Could be described as Jalen Rose versus Skip Bayless and Steven A. Smith because the media is hurt that Jalen gave Skip a taste of his own medicine. Reminds me of watching the paparazzi react to having a camera on them.

I'm starting to like Jalen Rose more and more.

Actually, this isn't the first time Jalen called Skip out. You could always tell that Jalen resented the fact that Skip come across as a know it all hmwho never played at a high level.

It always amazes me how Stephen A Smith can argue and talk for 20min straight, and make absolutely no relevant point.

I'm almost certain thats a requirement for all ESPN personalities at this point.

Outside of live sports events and the 30 for 30 Series, I refuse to watch the mess that ESPN has become.

Actually, this isn't the first time Jalen called Skip out. You could always tell that Jalen resented the fact that Skip come across as a know it all hmwho never played at a high level.

Yes, but Jalen also comes across as intelligent and a straight talker. He's not just filling the air with cliches.

Jalen may "be" intelligent, but the way he talks doesn't make him "sound" intelligent.

I try to move past formal erudition and concentrate on what the person is actually saying. Rose grew up in a single mom household in inner city Detroit. I'm not going to hold that against him.

You watch ESPN for games. When you want news, you're better off going somewhere else. ESPN is one of the least journalistic institutions ever. Calling ESPN news is like calling TMZ news. It's gossip.

Yup. Now that baseball season has come around, I find myself watching MLB Network more. They do a nice job with the baseball highlights and have some good analysis.

I try to move past formal erudition and concentrate on what the person is actually saying. Rose grew up in a single mom household in inner city Detroit. I'm not going to hold that against him.

I see where you are coming from that the message is more important then how you sound, but being a person that is speaking to the public, you have to sound the part also or people won't take you seriously.

I see where you are coming from that the message is more important then how you sound, but being a person that is speaking to the public, you have to sound the part also or people won't take you seriously.

It's true. Unfortunately for him, I don't think that Rose can change a lifetime of speaking patterns this late in his life. Nevertheless, I'd still rather listen to him talk about basketball than listen to the overwhelming majoirty of those smooth but empty talking heads.

It's true. Unfortunately for him, I don't think that Rose can change a lifetime of speaking patterns this late in his life. Nevertheless, I'd still rather listen to him talk about basketball than listen to the overwhelming majoirty of those smooth but empty talking heads.

Have you listened to his Grantland podcast? It's darn good.

As a side note - he did finish his degree in Communications at Michigan. He's a bright guy.

Archived