Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I need help identifying this location.

Die Hard

Yea definitely Machu Pichu. Would love to go there. Heard getting there is a pain in the ass though

Have to fly to Cuzco. Take a shuttle to the train station. Then ride a slow, uncomfortable train through the mountains for 6 hours. Funny thing is, Cuzco is higher in elevation than Machu Pichu, so in essense, the train ride there is going downhill. It was about 30 degrees in the morning when we boarded the train and about 75 degrees when we reached MP. Makes for a LONG day, but well worth it.

I've actually been there. Back in 2008 my sister and I did a tour where we went through for Peru for about 8 days, including a hike up Machu Pichu and Waynapiccchu which is how you look down on the ruins

What month were you there in 2008? I was there at the end of March, beginning of April 2008. I'll have to wait until I get home to download some pictures in here.

What month were you there in 2008? I was there at the end of March, beginning of April 2008. I'll have to wait until I get home to download some pictures in here.

End of Dec. Was actually there during X-mas.....which was cool being Jewish but seeing how they celebrated down there.

I just got back from Macchu Picchu. It's awesome.

If you're lucky enough to go, you should definitely hike it in. It took us five days. The Andes are beautiful and there's a lot of other Mayan ruins that you can only access via hiking.

Don't take the train there. That's for old people.

I highly recommend using Llama Path. It's the only Peruvian owned tourism company, the food was amazing and they don't treat their porters like pack mules.

http://www.llamapath.com/

I just got back from Macchu Picchu. It's awesome.

If you're lucky enough to go, you should definitely hike it in. It took us five days. The Andes are beautiful and there's a lot of other Mayan ruins that you can only access via hiking.

Don't take the train there. That's for old people.

I highly recommend using Llama Path. It's the only Peruvian owned tourism company, the food was amazing and they don't treat their porters like pack mules.

http://www.llamapath.com/

No Mayans in Peru. It's Incans

It's on my bucket list, too, Die Hard. Amazing not only in it's scenery and beauty but in the craziness of it all. It's like a mile up a sheer mountain. How in the **** did they get all those stones up there? And then there's the stone masonry. All the stones are cut to fit perfectly together with zero gap and no grout whatsoever is used. With modern machines today we do not have the ability to fit stones together as precisely as they did with hand tools hundreds of years ago. It's truly a wonder.

detail-stone-work-500.jpg

Archived