Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Man saws off own foot to avoid work

DeaconTheVillain

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

http://news.sky.com/home/strange-news/article/16196733

An unemployed Austrian man has sawed off his left foot, apparently to avoid being found fit enough to go back to work.

Police said the "desperate" 56-year-old man deliberately sliced it off above the ankle with a mechanical saw and threw it into an oven.

The man, from Mitterlabill in southern Austria, then hobbled into his garage and called an ambulance.

He sliced his foot off just a few hours before he was due to have a health check with the labour department on whether he was fit to work, Austrian broadcaster ORF reported.

When police arrived, the man was still conscious but had lost a lot of blood, local police chief Franz Fasching said.

Emergency services "looked in the oven and were able to recover the foot," Mr Fasching said.

"The foot was taken the hospital but it was so badly burned that it cannot be sewn back on."

The man was flown to hospital in Graz, where he was said to be in a stable condition.

I knew working was a sin... I have proof:

Matthew 18:8

"So if your hand or foot causes you to sin, cut it off and throw it away. It's better to enter eternal life with only one hand or one foot than to be thrown into eternal fire with both of your hands and feet."

In the 60's I knew this guy who cut the end of his pinky finger off because the insurance policy where he worked paid 500 fo the loss of a finger. His logic was he does not need his pinky tip. He was working at a exxon gas station and he happened to read the insurance coverage ll employees got. He said it hurt like hell, but he collected. I often wonder what happen to good old John and if he has any extremities left ?

He actually wanted to keep working, but he didn't want to get off on the wrong foot.

He felt this job was a step in the wrong direction.

His foot was clearly being held to the fire.

He just couldn't stand on his own two feet anymore.

I hope his insurance will foot the bill.

Jokes are funny.

Archived