Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2012 NFL Free Agency: Talk, Rumors, Signings

G.A.C.O.L.B.

;8892559']What can you guys tell me about Horton?
Giants use a lot of 3 safety packages where they basically have a safety instead of a LB' date=' I could see him coming on the field for those situations.[/quote']

He is a good zone guy. Smart when it comes to being in the right place at the right time. I wouldn't count on him for alot of tackles or in coverage. He can play special teams.

If that was true, he'd still be here

Injuries? That's the only reason he's not on the roster and the reason he was out of football last year, he's healthy now so he should play like he did before. I'd rather him then Reed any day.

Injuries? That's the only reason he's not on the roster and the reason he was out of football last year, he's healthy now so he should play like he did before. I'd rather him then Reed any day.

I wouldnt. Reed is a smart player and rarely misses a tackle. Hes not spectacular, but he is solid, and you typically dont have to worry about him missing a play. His coverage isnt great, but I wouldnt say Horton is better.

I wouldnt. Reed is a smart player and rarely misses a tackle. Hes not spectacular, but he is solid, and you typically dont have to worry about him missing a play. His coverage isnt great, but I wouldnt say Horton is better.

That's your opinion and part of the vast minority, if you watched any games last year you saw him missing ALOT of tackles and for a safety you need to have some coverage skillz and he doesn't. Why settle for mediocrity, who wants a just ok guy on the team? Not me!

Bills should at least send Dallas and Washington a thank you note for giving them enough money(revenue sharing) to sign Mario.............

I think your are right about the Skinz. They should send them a thank you note. As for the Cowboys, well, we probably owe it to them after those two Super Bowls. I won't hold my breath on getting any kind of thank you card from Buffalo any time soon.

He's just a guy. Not good but not particularly bad either. A body.

started his career with 2-3 great games.. lived off that reputation for 1-2 years before he was eventually cut.. he could not get on the field over Doughty... like he said.. a body... not a difference maker...

I think your are right about the Skinz. They should send them a thank you note. As for the Cowboys, well, we probably owe it to them after those two Super Bowls. I won't hold my breath on getting any kind of thank you card from Buffalo any time soon.

The entire NFC East owes the Bills for those four Super Bowls.

Is it me, or is anybody else getting tired of the "race for Peyton Manning." I know he's going to go down as probably a top 5 or top 3 all time, but he's driving up the price tag for the teams pursuing him and IMO he may not make a decision until right before the draft. Thank GOD the Skins made the trade up to #2. Manning is quietly becoming the new Favre IMO.

Is it me, or is anybody else getting tired of the "race for Peyton Manning." I know he's going to go down as probably a top 5 or top 3 all time, but he's driving up the price tag for the teams pursuing him and IMO he may not make a decision until right before the draft. Thank GOD the Skins made the trade up to #2. Manning is quietly becoming the new Favre IMO.

It looks like he's going to make his decision next week. Coincidentally, his birthday is also next week...

It looks like he's going to make his decision next week. Coincidentally, his birthday is also next week...

If he's really as non competitive as people make him sound to be then I bet he's going to Tennessee, at least he is guaranteed to improve that teams W-L. Imagine if he went to SF and didn't even take them as far as Smith did and he might have to face his brother in the playoffs, or in Denver if he did less than a FB playing QB.

Where did Dallass get all this cap room. Everytime I look up, they're signing someone.

Most, if not all, of the contracts we have signed the past few years have been structured in such a a way as to make it very easy to restructure. We have simply restructured a lot of those contracts and, as has been mentioned earlier, we released some people who have saved us cap.

I think two things have happened here. One, we learned a lesson of sorts, with Namdi last year. We went into this FA period determined to get a CB and we did. We probably paid too much but it's done.

Second, I think Jerry is trying to make a statement to the League and the other Owners. It doesn't matter how you try to cheat us, we are going to sign players. We robably paid too much but it's done.

That's your opinion and part of the vast minority, if you watched any games last year you saw him missing ALOT of tackles and for a safety you need to have some coverage skillz and he doesn't. Why settle for mediocrity, who wants a just ok guy on the team? Not me!

Actually he was rated as one of the top tackling players in the league. Means he missed a very small percentage of tackles.

Good teams are made up with depth containing ok guys. Guys that are solid, though not spectacular.

AS Per Adam Schefter: The Patriots have reached agreement with free-agent wide receiver Brandon Lloyd
Per JLC, it was for 3 years and $12 million.

---------- Post added March-18th-2012 at 12:02 AM ----------

If he's really as non competitive as people make him sound to be then I bet he's going to Tennessee, at least he is guaranteed to improve that teams W-L. Imagine if he went to SF and didn't even take them as far as Smith did and he might have to face his brother in the playoffs, or in Denver if he did less than a FB playing QB.
The 49ers are turning into a dangerous team. They just signed Mario Manningham to a 2-year contract. If they add Peyton, too, that team will be downright scary.

Archived