Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2012 NFL Free Agency: Talk, Rumors, Signings

G.A.C.O.L.B.

Exactly.

Denver just doesn't make much sense. I think Peyton is overvaluing having Elway as a GM.

I was thinking the same thing. No way Peyton thinks Denver is closer than SF. I know he doesn't want to play against Eli, but if you want to win another ring, you go to the team with the best chance regardless of what conference they are in.

I read somewhere, may have been PFT, that Manning didn't want to go to SF because of the pressure of having to win a Super Bowl. So, does he not think Denver has a chance and would be less pressure?

I read somewhere, may have been PFT, that Manning didn't want to go to SF because of the pressure of having to win a Super Bowl. So, does he not think Denver has a chance and would be less pressure?

Another possibility is that he wants more credit for success.

Going to SF would have been a better move. Avoiding his brother is a weak excuse.

Going to SF would have been a better move. Avoiding his brother is a weak excuse.

I think you're right, LW. In SF he would take a backseat to Harbaugh. In Denver, he's probably going to have much more power.

Exactly.

Denver just doesn't make much sense. I think Peyton is overvaluing having Elway as a GM.

Manning is already familiar with the AFC. Denver made plenty of sense. Weak division. He can have control of the offense. Decent defense.

---------- Post added March-24th-2012 at 05:51 PM ----------

My brother pointed out to me that when colts grow up, they become broncos. So I guess it was just the next step in the maturation process of Peyton.
You had to have someone point that out for you?:ols:

---------- Post added March-24th-2012 at 05:52 PM ----------

Don't forget Randy Moss.

And San Fran is in the NFC. I'm assuming that's just a typo.

They also added Mario Manningham.

---------- Post added March-24th-2012 at 05:53 PM ----------

I think it has more to do with not wanting to play in the AFC then it does not wanting to face his brother more often.

Per Schefter: Jeff Saturday will not go to Denver he signed a deal with Green Bay worth $7.75 million, including $4 million this season.

Per ESPN: http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7734318/2012-nfl-free-agency-jeff-saturday-called-peyton-manning-explain-green-bay-packers-choice

In the article Saturday says GB was a perfect fit for him (implied) and that Denver was not. I know he is getting up there in age but I feel like this is a very strong condemnation of Manning's new Denver experiment. Clearly GB is already a SB contender. He has possibly the best chance of getting to the SB with them and nobody knows what Denver is going to turn out to be. I wonder if I am reading too much between the lines, but maybe Saturday knows that Manning's neck is REALLY jacked up and is making the educated decision here. just a thought

I think you're reading too far into it. There aren't really many teams that are a more favorable situation for a player to sign as a starter than GB, especially on offense. We're both in it to win it. He's 37 and knows the end is near for him, and we need someone who can produce until we can find a replacement.

#Bears announce they have signed WR Devin Thomas. In four career seasons, former second-round pick of #Redskins has 43 receptions.

This is the Bears trying to avoid the wrath of Mara.

They figured trading 4th rounders for Marshall might upset competitive balance so they preemptively signed Thomas to balance it out.

#Bears announce they have signed WR Devin Thomas. In four career seasons, former second-round pick of #Redskins has 43 receptions.

There's an article about it on NFL.com:

Giants playoff hero (sic) Devin Thomas signs on with Bears

The New York Giants have already parted with one wide receiver who played an integral role in their run to the Super Bowl. Now we can add a second name to the list.

Playoff hero huh? haha. Are you kidding me? He fell on top of a fumble that happened right in front of him. Tom Coughlin could have fallen on that football. I mean really is that a joke?

I wouldn't exactly call falling on two fumbles an "integral" role either, but who's counting?

Playoff hero huh? haha. Are you kidding me? He fell on top of a fumble that happened right in front of him. Tom Coughlin could have fallen on that football. I mean really is that a joke?
Not at all. Devin Thomas was the only player on the field who went for the ball after the muffed punt. Even Kyle Williams didn't realize he touched the ball. He never even made a move towards it. Without Devin Thomas' heads up play on both of his fumble recoveries, the Giants don't go to the Superbowl.

Not at all. Devin Thomas was the only player on the field who went for the ball after the muffed punt. Even Kyle Williams didn't realize he touched the ball. He never even made a move towards it. Without Devin Thomas' heads up play on both of his fumble recoveries, the Giants don't go to the Superbowl.

Ok, I know, I mean if it was some lesser known Redskins player in the same situation I'd be all for it. I just hate on Devin Thomas in particular because, from what I've heard/read, he's as diva as diva gets. Really mouthy, really pretty boy model guy, not 100% interested in team football, and for what it's worth, didn't take Shanny long to say "get the hell out diva guy".

As we said here, it appeared to be a waste of potential due to typical diva tendencies, considering his talent in college, his size and his draft position (whatever that's worth). So that's landed him on special teams, and yea good heads up play, sure. The term 'hero' just gave me a chuckle though, considering what a mess he was on the Skins. I get how crucial the play was, in overtime, but meh, I'm gonna consider it circumstantial, and not heroic, cuz screw devin thomas. He was a dick ;)

Archived