Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2012 NFL Free Agency: Talk, Rumors, Signings

G.A.C.O.L.B.

Doesn't Merriweather have a reputation for being a cheap-shot artist?

I seem to remember him being a perpetrator of multiple helmet-to-helmet hits a couple of seasons back when concussions became a hot button issue in the NFL.

I don't know if he had a bunch of them or if he's considered a cheap-shot artist, but he definitely had a big one on Todd Heap. And you're right, that was one of the hits that spurred all that talk about helmet-to-helmet hits and concussions. Here's vid:

---------- Post added March-15th-2012 at 11:37 AM ----------

Brodney Pool has signed with the Cowboys. No terms available yet

https://twitter.com/#!/espn_nfceast/status/180315224467968001

Guess maybe LaRoid is out as an option for them?

Good to hear about the run blocking.

That's why I wasn't too happy about Bennett, I feel like I remember him putting stupid videos on the internet and having too many non football activities going on.

Maybe not big news to anyone outside the Giants, but David Carr will be back as the backup QB. I'm happy about that.

You should be concerned about that. If he put half as much attention into football as he did his videos and his clothing design stuff, he'd be getting paid in Dallas. In NY, that is going to be amplified. He's a decent blocker but he doesn't want to be a blocking TE. He wants to be a receiving TE but he has to actually produce. IMO, Romo sits to pee didn't trust him. To many times Romo sits to pee went to him and he was in the wrong spot or he just didn't catch the ball for whatever reason. I think it's best that he moved on. He has more natural ability then any TE in the league, no BS. However, at some point, he's got to work harder on his game.

Mario Williams to Buffalo is apparently official. 6 years, $96 mil, $50 mil guaranteed:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d8279ef2f/article/bills-fullcourt-press-of-mario-williams-leads-to-agreed-deal?campaign=Twitter_news

Bills' full-court press of Mario Williams leads to agreed deal

By Jason La Canfora NFL Network

NFL Network Insider

Published: March 15, 2012 at 12:36 p.m

And to the Buffalo Bills goes Mario Williams.

The star linebacker, considered the biggest prize of free agency on the defensive side of the ball, will sign a contract with the Bills, a league source said Thursday.

Williams' deal could come in around six years and be worth $96 million with $50 million guaranteed, according to league sources.

The Bills plan to announce the deal during a news conference scheduled for Thursday afternoon.

The team's spirited courting of Williams stretched into its third day on Thursday, complete with dinners, meetings and the arrival of Williams' fiancée for a tour of the region.

Williams, the first overall pick by the Texans in 2006, is a two-time Pro Bowl selection who owns a Texans franchise-best 53 career sacks, including a team single-season best 14 in 2007. Williams was limited to playing just five games last season as a result of a torn chest muscle. He also missed three games in 2010 after having surgery to repair a sports hernia.

Marcell Dareus, Kyle Williams and Mario Williams? Dear lord, that is a scary and BIG defensive line. Somewhere, Brady and Sanchez are pooping themselves.

On the draft note, I wonder if the Bills will still target a pass rusher? Follow the Giants' model of having a stockpile of scary pass rushing talent?

He had a decent rookie campaign, but he needs to work on his angles and tackling a lot. Some potential, more than likely depth though. Wouldn't count on him to start.

Giants use a lot of 3 safety packages where they basically have a safety instead of a LB, I could see him coming on the field for those situations.

That would make sense for him...

What do Giant fans feel about Aaron Ross?

He is an average at best corner in a lot of respects. Plays well man to man bump but often lines up off (whether by play design or fear I am not sure). Average athletically. Good physical tackler, has hands, can play specials. Not too good in zone, often was benched or taken out during games for the giants but has played very well at times. Aaron Ross is a good nickelback to sum it up, he has no business being any team's #2 corner but I'm sure he will get paid like one. I wanted the giants to bring him back to compete for the nickelback spot and for depth but after signing Tryon and Witherspoon they have 5 corners. There are plenty of worse #3 corners out there.

He's amazing in the run blocking game however.
This is why he's a perfect fit for the Giants offense. Our TE's barely average 2 catches a game. But I couldn't even begin to count the number of plays that were blown up last year because Jake Ballard or Bear Pascoe missed a block.

---------- Post added March-16th-2012 at 03:38 AM ----------

That would make sense for him...

What do Giant fans feel about Aaron Ross?

He's very inconsistent. He'll play well for a stretch of games and then be burnt toast for weeks at a time. Based on what I saw last year, I thought re-signing Justin Tryon was a bigger priority than keeping Ross.

---------- Post added March-16th-2012 at 03:30 AM ----------

According to sources in Dallas, Brodney Pool SS (Jets) has agreed to terms with the Cowboys.
I'm glad to see Ahmad Bradshaw's speed bump eventually woke up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TULbChC06qU

---------- Post added March-16th-2012 at 04:13 AM ----------

Eddie Royal signs with the Chargers. 3 years, $13 million. $6 million guaranteed.

Link

[/color]He's very inconsistent. He'll play well for a stretch of games and then be burnt toast for weeks at a time. Based on what I saw last year, I thought re-signing Justin Tryon was a bigger priority than keeping Ross.
I made a couple posts about him in the Laron Landry thread if you want to go check them out.
Thank you, and I hadn't been in the LL thread in days. You summations was my thoughts as well, inconsistently good. He'd be a decent addition as a #3. Tyron considered better is a little scary.

Archived