Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NFL.com: "Report: Redskins already out on Peyton Manning chase"

slackermike

Peyton to visit Denver tonight was just on ESPN

Yep, will be interesting to see who else he visits. One would think he's already visited with Phins staff since he went back to Miami and has a home there.

Yep, will be interesting to see who else he visits. One would think he's already visited with Phins staff since he went back to Miami and has a home there.

Do you think he is using them or is sincere about going there?

EDIT: And usually, when a star player leaves the team he's been with, it rarely ever works out.

That's especially true when it comes to the Redskins.

---------- Post added March-9th-2012 at 02:35 PM ----------

I would have to agree with him questioning the Miami talk. My question is...why would Manning, who they say is looking for all these things he wants, sign with a ROOKIE head coach?

So he can run the offense his way.

i think you guys are blowing up the whole brother thing its the nfl they are here to win the superbowl and each year only one can win. just my two cents.

Tiki and Rhonde not only competed in the same conference, but Rhonde had to actually tackle his brother several times in games.

Peyton manning, in a neck cast, with an eye patch, and a total of 4 fingers is still 2 leagues above the garbage we currently have. That, and there's absolutely no guarantee we can lock up RGIII in the draft. We'd be stupid not to take a deep look into a QB who is one of the best of all time, and can still get it done.

:ols::ols::ols: I don't know why, but this just made me laugh.

That's especially true when it comes to the Redskins.

Not just the Skins. From Namath, to Franco Harris, to OJ, to Montana, to Emmit Smith, to Favre. None of them quite lived up to what they were. Manning will be good, but I don't think he'll be as good as he used to be.

Manning is going to make his rounds to everyone that has contacted him for a visit before making a decision so Denver, Miami and Arizona are just the start of his rounds. Don't be surprised if he comes to DC for a visit but leave without signing. He will go to every interested party to do his homework. He is very smart and this is his last stop before he retires so he will want to ensure he makes the best choice and not just take the first offer.

I would have to agree with him questioning the Miami talk. My question is...why would Manning, who they say is looking for all these things he wants, sign with a ROOKIE head coach?

He could run the team without interference from the coach?

I also find it funny that everyone in here is sighting weather, his condo, path to the SB, etc., but you guys are forgetting one other element of his decision....

His wife and kids. This is a big transition in terms of them having to move, relocate and putting the kids in a school system. This has a bigger impact then many think.

Manning first and foremost requires a dependable #1 wide receiver. Marvin Harrison, Reggie Wayne....I doubt he views Brandon Marshall as THE guy he can rely on.

Peyton Manning to Larry Fitzgerald makes too much sense. Fitzgerald is the smart, hard-working, dependable guy that Manning would love to play with, and I'm sure the feeling is mutual. Fitzgerald has been burdened with awful QB's ever since Warner retired, taking away from what should be a HOF career.

I'd say its a lock he goes to Arizona, with Houston as Plan B. Miami has no shot.

It doesn't matter where Peyton Manning ends up, his best days are behind him and he's not winning any more Super Bowls, he's a crap shoot at best. He's not the solution for the Skins, we want to win long term and we're on the right track finally, we have a lot of draft picks and lots of room under the cap, this will be the make or break year for us if we're patient and choose wisely. We've come a long ways in just two years and from the Vinny Snyder Circus Show so lets stick to the plan we're almost there.

Looks like he is meeting as we speak with old horse face himself....then on to the Cards and Miam

... Peyton Manning will meet with BV.P. of football operations John Elway and other Broncos officials in Stillwater and then head to Denver to meet with Broncos owner Pat Bowlen.

Mike Klis and Woody Paige of the Denver Post now report that Manning will meet with the Broncos in Denver on Friday night

----

Peyton Manning is making his first free-agent visit on Friday, spending time with the Broncos.

Adam Schefter and Chris Mortensen report that, before Manning returns to Miami, he’ll visit at least one other team.The Cardinals.

-

Manning first and foremost requires a dependable #1 wide receiver. Marvin Harrison, Reggie Wayne....I doubt he views Brandon Marshall as THE guy he can rely on.

Peyton Manning to Larry Fitzgerald makes too much sense. Fitzgerald is the smart, hard-working, dependable guy that Manning would love to play with, and I'm sure the feeling is mutual. Fitzgerald has been burdened with awful QB's ever since Warner retired, taking away from what should be a HOF career.

I'd say its a lock he goes to Arizona, with Houston as Plan B. Miami has no shot.

That's why Miami brings in Wayne and/or Garcon, possibly at a "Manning discount". WR corps of Marshall, Wayne, Garcon, and Bess?

Plus If I'm Manning, I prefer facing the Pats D, Bills D, (both lacking in pass rushers and pretty much everything else) and Jets D (this team is imploding before our very eyes) over the Niners and Seahawks (Rams D stinks though).

Not just the Skins. From Namath, to Franco Harris, to OJ, to Montana, to Emmit Smith, to Favre. None of them quite lived up to what they were. Manning will be good, but I don't think he'll be as good as he used to be.

Favre was 3 years older. He was also GREAT for the first season, and never should have come back the second.

Joe Montana was also very good - KC got what they were expecting. Kurt Warner comes to mind as of late.

I don't want Peyton here - it's not the right fit. But I don't predict he'll be a failure wherever he ends up.

OJ, Harris etc....Running backs don't count. They are almost always washed up at 30. And Namath was washed up BEFORE he went to LA.

Well obviously he won't be as good as he used to be. He's 36 and not in the prime of his career any more. But that doesn't mean he won't be a damn good player. The comment you were responding to was that when a star leaves, it rarely works out. Let's talk about Montana.

Montana played two years in Kansas City, 1993 and 1994. KC went to the playoffs both years, and made it to the AFC championship in 1993 (and Montana went to the pro bowl that year). 17-8 in the reg season, completing over 60% of his passes, 29 tds, 16 ints. Those are some solid stats. I'd say without hesitation that worked out.

Was he "as good as he used to be"? No. But he was still really good. Compare him, say, to our carousel of Rypien/Gannon/Conklin/Shuler/Friesz/Frerotte (yes, all of those guys started at least 4 games for us in that 2 year stretch, except Conklin who started 2).

Montana to KC worked out. Manning to whoever will work out, as long as he's healthy. You just have to have a reasonable definition of what it means for the signing to work out.

I think Marshall is better than both Harrison and Wayne. He's produced had one season at less than 1,000 yards and that was his rookie year... without a QB close to as good as Peyton Manning throwing him the ball.

It doesn't matter where Peyton Manning ends up, his best days are behind him and he's not winning any more Super Bowls, he's a crap shoot at best.

Last Game he played at FedEx I believe we dropped 2 ints? Anyone remember that? Carlos and Landry. We would have won with those 2 ints.

Archived