Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NFL.com: "Report: Redskins already out on Peyton Manning chase"

slackermike

I don't understand the huge Miami push by everyone everywhere...

why would Peyton choose to have to go through Tom Brady and BB every year for the rest of his career to win a division title to try to get the SB...????

wouldn't he be much more likely to pick somewhere like KC where he could probably secure homefield advantage fairly easily the rest of his career?

Despite the Chargers being constantly 8-8 and Denver and Oakland looking just as weak, the AFC West is not exactly a cozy place for a quarterback. Manning will have to duel Rivers, Oakland is "dirty" on defense, and Tebow has a habit of pulling wins out of his ass and is backed up by a good defense as well.

Plus KC's weather can get quite rough.

:insane: Was gonna throw my 2cents in with a link to a bleacher report article confirming 18 has turned us down. That is....until I realized it was via SI......who based the entire article off of what Russel said. What a crazy, crazy time of yr.

Despite the Chargers being constantly 8-8 and Denver and Oakland looking just as weak, the AFC West is not exactly a cozy place for a quarterback. Manning will have to duel Rivers, Oakland is "dirty" on defense, and Tebow has a habit of pulling wins out of his ass and is backed up by a good defense as well.

Plus KC's weather can get quite rough.

cmon man... Rivers?? The chargers are losing VJ...

Peyton with Bowe and Jamal Charles woudl own that division so easily.

and i'm just going to pretend you didn't mention Tebow.

Because he'll get to live in Miami.

Patriots aren't untouchable either. Granted for him, it would make sense to go to a weaker division, but I can't see Peyton pandering to the easiest schedule.

I would have to agree with him questioning the Miami talk. My question is...why would Manning, who they say is looking for all these things he wants, sign with a ROOKIE head coach?

I wonder how fast and public the apologies will be to Chris Russell when he's proven correct?

Even Manny signs somewhere else, it doesn't prove anything about Russell's report. The news that Manny is actually coming for a visit with the Redskins complete proves Russell's story to be completely false. How many apologies is he going to make for misleading so many people when he is proven wrong?

I would have to agree with him questioning the Miami talk. My question is...why would Manning, who they say is looking for all these things he wants, sign with a ROOKIE head coach?

Why not? He did it in Indi.

Miami would let him run the offense he has run his entire career. Shanahan (correctly) is not going to dump the complex offense *he* has been developing *his* entire career for a player who will only be around for a few more years. We simply are NOT a good fit.

This doesn't merit it's own thread, but it's Peyton related so this seems like as good a place as any.

Grantland did their column on Laying the Odds on Peyton's next team. Guess who came in at #1? They're an entertainment site, not insiders, so there's nothing to read into it. I'm just amused by their take on the state of the Redskins.

http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-triangle/post/_/id/19384/laying-the-odds-on-peytons-next-home

1st: Washington Redskins (Odds of landing Manning: 30 percent)

Pretend you're Mike Shanahan. Chances are that you need to make the playoffs in 2012 to keep your job. :no: You can sacrifice multiple number-one draft picks to grab RG3 and hope that he's the next Cam Newton or Andy Dalton, capable of playing at a high level moments after leaving the womb. Alternately, you can go to your owner — who has a long history of being obsessed with five-star free-agents — and save the draft picks by convincing him to shell out the big bucks for Manning. It's just money, right? Who cares? And then you can go to Peyton Manning and show off your fantastic pass rush and above-average offensive line :ols: bookended by Pro Bowl-caliber tackles Trent Williams and Jammal Brown :rotflmao: :rotflmao::rotflmao: while convincing him that you're a quarterback away from the NFC East title. Remind him that you beat the Super Bowl champions twice and just keep adding zeroes till he says yes. Right?

Arizona seems like the best fit. Not aware of their cap situation though.

I'm a little puzzled why so many "experts" keep saying Miami is a good landing space for him.

Denver... wow. That would upset Tebownation. But if they don't get Manning, I bet they take a QB in the first two rounds of the draft, also upsetting Tebownation.

Even Manny signs somewhere else, it doesn't prove anything about Russell's report. The news that Manny is actually coming for a visit with the Redskins complete proves Russell's story to be completely false. How many apologies is he going to make for misleading so many people when he is proven wrong?

Really? Lol. In need to pay more attention.

I wasn't familiar with all of the anti-Chris Russell vibe.

Philbin has a great offensive scheme that will mesh with Mannings total control of the offense on gameday. Philbin didn't call plays at GB. Mike Sherman for sure isn't going to knock heads with Manning - he's lucky to have a coordinator job at all.

Arizona seems like the best fit. Not aware of their cap situation though.

I'm a little puzzled why so many "experts" keep saying Miami is a good landing space for him.

Denver... wow. That would upset Tebownation. But if they don't get Manning, I bet they take a QB in the first two rounds of the draft, also upsetting Tebownation.

Arizona would be a very good fit but it probably won't happen. They'll never admit it, but I strongly believe that the Mannings really want a "Manning" SuperBowl. What other reason why he would prefer an AFC team?

This doesn't merit it's own thread, but it's Peyton related so this seems like as good a place as any.

Grantland did their column on Laying the Odds on Peyton's next team. Guess who came in at #1? They're an entertainment site, not insiders, so there's nothing to read into it. I'm just amused by their take on the state of the Redskins.

http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-triangle/post/_/id/19384/laying-the-odds-on-peytons-next-home

Bill Barnwell is their football guy and I like reading his stuff... but he can be unbelievably clueless sometimes.

Arizona would be a very good fit. They'll never admit it, but I strongly believe that the Mannings really want a "Manning" SuperBowl. What other reason why he would prefer an AFC team?

Kansas City is just as good.. if not better because of the weak division.

Plus... KC has WAY more cap space. They have almost as much as we do.

He did it with Jim Caldwell...

+ Peyton Manning who cares about a Headcoach, its the DC that he needs to worry about.

He will controll the OC, the Head Coach can pretty much sit back

What? I bet nothing makes Snyder more angry than hearing the word: "No". If this is true, it is a tad bit unprofessional for Manning's camp and will turn the Redskins Nation against him.

Unprofessional for Mannings camp? Manning's camp know that the Redskins stink with Snyder at the helm, that's why he won't consider Washington!!

Kansas City is just as good.. if not better because of the weak division.

Plus... KC has WAY more cap space. They have almost as much as we do.

Yeah, but KC is a cold weather city. That's one reason why Miami is the front runner.

Yeah, but KC is a cold weather city. That's one reason why Miami is the front runner.

I'm sure Peyton wouldn't shy away from competition.. but I REALLY doubt.. he wants to compete with Tom Brady just to get a division title in his last 3-4 years playing.

Not too mention.. that much harder to get home field advantage in the playoffs.

If he values winning championships on the same plane as money.. he won't choose Miami. That would be almost as bad a choice as coming here.

Archived