Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The last movie you saw......GO! (After you read the OP!!!!)

renaissance

11157034_det.jpg

Pretty good movie based on a true story about an Iraqi soldier who was forced to become Uday Hussein's body double during the Gulf War. Dominic Cooper plays both characters.

The characters seemed a little too "Western" to me, but I enjoyed it anyway. Uday is so cold-blooded that Saddam actually comes across as a good guy.

I'd like to know how historically accurate the events in the movie were, especially in regards to Uday's antics. I'm guessing not very.

Saw it on Friday, 2nd best movie I've ever seen in my life.

Im not gonna lie. It was really really good. I cant say there has ever been a "horror" film that I was still thinking about the next day. I actually want to go see it again.

I thought the 3D was technically fine, but it killed the movie for me. I really just don't see the added value of 3D for any movie. It was especially weird in this movie whenever there was a person/object like in the bottom corner of the shot.

Im not gonna lie. It was really really good. I cant say there has ever been a "horror" film that I was still thinking about the next day. I actually want to go see it again.

Man, you guys are really hyping it up LOL. But I've heard from several of my friends that this was an awesome movie. I'm really interested now, I'll probably go see it after work today LOL.

Okay, sooooo I just got back from seeing "Cabin In The Woods." It wasn't anything epic, but it was above avrage. I guess I got caught up in the hype and was expecting a little more.

I enjoyed it overall. Pretty original concept. The last 30 minutes felt rushed, but I guess that's understandable as they had a lot to explain LOL. Still a solid flick. Very original. I give it 8/10.

Edited by skins_fan1982

MV5BNTUxNzYyMjg2N15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMTExNzExNw@@._V1._SY317_.jpg

Cabin in the Woods (2011)

Five friends go for a break at a remote cabin in the woods, where they get more than they bargained for. Together, they must discover the truth behind the cabin in the woods.

Meh. The movie was alright, definitely way over-hyped. I'm not sure how it is a game-changer for the horror genre; I don't think this movie did anything that Scream didn't. Then again I'm not a horror fangirl, so maybe I just missed something :)

I would agree with your list for the most part. I might change around the order of your top 3 putting I Saw the Devil first, but overall I'd keep them up top. Loved all those movies.

If you have Netflix DVD order service as well, JSA and memories of Murder can be ordered on blu-ray/DVD.

You will enjoy Vengeance, it was awesome. The leader of the chinese hit squad team is a BOSS.

I finally got around to watching Vengeance this weekend. I enjoyed it, I don't know if I'd put it in the same ranks as my top 5 Korean films but it was a solid flick. The shootout in the picnic area/woods was my favorite scene.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS5y2ZvZrAq-HkplT_9s3C2Ior6TH-zAz_e1rGRiFUxX6f-Hyk

One year after meeting, Tom proposes to his girlfriend, Violet, but unexpected events keep tripping them up as they look to walk down the aisle together.

Much like We Bought a Zoo or Marley and Me, this movie will leave disappointed anyone who things they're in for something as lighthearted as the trailers would portray. Everything in the trailer for this flick led me to believe it would be another typical I Love You, Man or Forgetting Sarah Marshall style flick - primarily a comedy, but with a serious story in the background. Five Year Engagement is the other way around, a serious story with some great comedy thrown in. Thankfully, I actually knew this going in, as I'd heard an interview with Jason Segel before seeing the movie.

So be forewarned, Five Year Engagement deals with serious, grown up relationship issues and in a lot of ways that overpowered the comedy in this one. I enjoyed the comedy, but it was almost uncomfortable during some parts, because of the issues the characters were dealing with. I actually think the movie would have been much better had they not gone so far in a couple places. They could have kept things a little more lighthearted and still gotten the overall point across.

the-girl-with-the-dragon-ta__oPt.jpg

Disgraced journalist finds part time job solving a decades-old mystery over the disappearance of a girl from a remote Swedish island for this millionaire (the missing girl's father). Journalist hires a "non-traditional" research assistant to help him with the case.

^^"non-traditional" :ols: I'd say!!

My turn....

Mission-Impossible-Ghost-Protocol-Movie-Poster.jpg

Same Mission Impossible schtick, some predictable outcome...unimpressed.

also....

generalbn.jpg

This one was different. It is a real challenge to try and see through to the truth here and your brain is screaming the question..."is this redemption authentic?" You see and hear the pain he caused, and then you see what he's doing now. From a guy who has claimed to be in some way responsible for the deaths of 20,000 Liberians to an evangelist traveling through his country trying to make amends. It was difficult to watch for sure because Joshua is by no means perfect even now, he says and does things that seem self centered, and yet......I'm just glad that God is the judge and not me.

Edited by AsburySkinsFan

Moneyball. I really enjoyed this one about the '02 A's and their limited payroll/financial situation. It was much better than I thought it was going to be. Billy Beane is one hell of a GM.

220px-Moneyball_Poster.jpg

Edited by HogNose

alien.jpg

Classic, classic, classic movie. There is nothing else to say about it.

Moneyball. Hell of a movie. Like HogNose said, Beane is one hell of a GM.

---------- Post added May-1st-2012 at 01:59 PM ----------

I haven't seen a single M:I since 2. I was completely turned off by 3, the same with the latest one. Were they any good?

I thought the last one was ok, but that's me.

Edited by DCranon21

I haven't seen a single M:I since 2. I was completely turned off by 3, the same with the latest one. Were they any good?

If you are a person that can completely suspend your disbelief and think you would enjoy mindless action then you'd probably enjoy it.

I was pretty "meh" on the latest movie, it definitely had some great visuals and cool stunts - which was definitely enough to make it worthy of a $1 rental from the Redbox.

70138801.jpg

Watched this last night.

Pretty good fight scenes with no CGI, which I liked. The lead actress used a lot of MMA-style submission stuff. Armbars, guillotines, even a triangle choke.

Unfortunately everything else sucked, so the movie was not very good. It had a weird mish-mash of a cast also. Antonio Banderas, Ewan McGregor, Bill Paxton, Channing Tatum, Michael Fassbender...WTF? Gina Carano was hot and did well in the action sequences, but she stunk as an actor.