Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Rams with the 1st pick in 2012 draft

Mania

That wouldn't be a good trade to me. If the Rams are willing to just give up on their "quarterback of the future" immediately, that makes me think there's something wrong with him.

You have to look at the organization. The Rams have no clue what they are doing. If they give up on Bradford, it may not be him, you have to look closer. The same with the Browns. Colt has no weapons at all. No receivers no running back...nothing. But if they look at the team and say QB is the problem....that is why they fail. Now I'm not saying both guys are or are going to be great. Just saying look at the teams right now, there is no way you can judge either QB fairly based on the O around them.

If the Browns are able to give all that up for Luck...GREAT. That takes them out of the bidding war for RG3 and leaves us and Miami to try and move up to the 2 spot to get him. Of course, if the Colts like RG3 we would be screwed. Ugh. Damn you Barkley!

Yeah of course assuming Griffin comes out. But yeah if he does be interesting if the Colts have the pick and they likewise want to trade the pick, it might lessen a crazy bid for the #1 pick because you've have potentially another outlet for perhaps a more reasonable deal.

---------- Post added December-28th-2011 at 09:08 AM ----------

On point, IF Cleveland decides to move up. The Rams would also still be able to pickup that impact OT or WR with Cleveland's #4 pick.

We really need RGiii to declare to spread those possible move-up teams across 2 QB's and not just Luck.

Agree. It's almost slam dunk for the Browns if they bid against us. They'd give the higher #1 pick, Blackmon will likely be there at #4, and gain an additional #1 now. Versus a lower #1 pick and they have to wait for the 2nd #1 pick next year.

Rotoworld: Robert Griffin III - QB - Player

According to Yahoo Sports, the parents of Baylor QB Robert Griffin III have interviewed three agents to potentially represent their client in the NFL.

It's an indication that Griffin's parents, who have a military background, are warming to the idea of their son going pro. However, Yahoo's Jason Cole writes that "there are plenty of people" who believe Griffin might return to school for his senior year. The value of the No. 1 overall pick and rights to Andrew Luck could skyrocket if RG3 stays in college with USC's Matt Barkley.

Also if the Rams do trade Bradford I'm sure the Browns would be first in line to snatch him up considering there head coach was Bradfords OC with the Rams last year when he had a monster rookie season, and they have more to offer than the Redskins. The Browns need a franchise qb to compete in the tough AFC North because all other three teams have one and as much as Colt McCoy being an OK qb I doubt that he will develope into a franchise qb.

Orakpo, this year's first and second, next year's first and second

How about we trade Silverback "Smokin" Trent Williams, Orakpo our 2012 and 2013 1st round pick and our 2013 3rd round pick for the Rams #1 if they end up with that pick. The Rams need a LT to protect Bradford and it reunites him with his former college LT and give the Rams a stud DE/OLB. We end up with the QB of our choice. We also save our 2013 2nd round pick. We can select our LT Zebrie Sanders, Florida State with our 2nd round pick in this years draft. Just a thought.

We need to add a QB to the young core we are building - not swap one for the other. I'm Ok with trading up and packaging a bundle of draft picks - though I think a package including 3 No.1 picks is too steep personally - but I dont want to lose the young talent we have in any trade. Thats one step forward one step back IMO.

We need to add a QB to the young core we are building - not swap one for the other. I'm Ok with trading up and packaging a bundle of draft picks - though I think a package including 3 No.1 picks is too steep personally - but I dont want to lose the young talent we have in any trade. Thats one step forward one step back IMO.

Franchise QBs >>>>>>>> OLB

Especially 3-4 OLBs

Franchise QBs >>>>>>>> OLB

Especially 3-4 OLBs

I agree (though not about the 3-4 comment, your OLB in a 3-4 are your primary pass rushers and therefore more important IMO than in OLB in a 4-3 where your DE's are your primary rushers). However look at the Rams this year for evdience that a 'franchise' QB with a poor defense, bad pass protection and crappy receivers is not much use. We need a franchise QB no question, but not at the expense of having a team around him.

We drafted Kerrigan to have bookend rush linebackers. If we were to trade Orakpo, Kerrigan would have much more difficulty getting to the QB. I'd much rather trade 3 1st rounders and 2 2nd rounders then what you have suggested.

Orakpo is a very good player, not elite, but very good player that is still growing. You have to also consider that Bowen took some of the sacks that Orakpo would have had if he was not on his side.

The reality is that it's premature to make an offer for the Rams' pick until it's known for sure that 1) they have the first or second pick and 2) it's known for sure whether or not RG III is declaring for the draft. Whether you believe RG III is worthy of two first round picks or more is moot until you know if he's waiting for the 2013 draft. Hate to have our number one for 2013 gone if RG III and Barkley are both waiting until next year.

If RG III is there, I'd say he's worth two number ones, but not 3. The McNabb and Jason Taylor trades hurt enough and those weren't number one picks we traded away. I'd hate to get RG III or Barkley and then have no draft choices to surround him with the fat boys for protection and a good stable of WR's.

Was thinking about the heiarchy of the Rams organization and come to find out, their Executive VP -Kevin Demoff was hired in 2005 as a senior assistant in Tampa by none other than Bruce Allen. Apparently, Bruce Allen and Gruden are very close friends as well, a possible rumored replacement for Spags. Gruden and Demoff also worked together in Tampa.

Hope some of this stuff gives us an advantage if Rams get that #1 or #2 pick.

Was thinking about the heiarchy of the Rams organization and come to find out, their Executive VP -Kevin Demoff was hired in 2005 as a senior assistant in Tampa by none other than Bruce Allen. Apparently, Bruce Allen and Gruden are very close friends as well, a possible rumored replacement for Spags. Gruden and Demoff also worked together in Tampa.

Hope some of this stuff gives us an advantage if Rams get that #1 or #2 pick.

I'm no expert in this stuff, could that be seen as a conflict of interest?

The reality is that it's premature to make an offer for the Rams' pick until it's known for sure that 1) they have the first or second pick and 2) it's known for sure whether or not RG III is declaring for the draft. Whether you believe RG III is worthy of two first round picks or more is moot until you know if he's waiting for the 2013 draft. Hate to have our number one for 2013 gone if RG III and Barkley are both waiting until next year.

It would be against the rules to make a trade before the league year opens in early March anyway, so there's really no need to spend any time worrying about such a silly scenario.

I have an idea

Let's trade the best picks in our next three drafts, plus the guys we've chosen first in two of the last three drafts, and in return we'll get a question mark at QB!

Who cares if we weaken the overall team considerably and cripple our ability to recoup the lost players with anything resembling their current talent level, we'll have a QB!

This is building through the draft! Finally we're getting it right!

Instead of wasting a ton of money and crippling our team for the future by purchasing free agents that underachieve because their cap hits won't allow for additional talent to go with them, now we'll waste all of our draft picks (both future and past) and throw away talent we've already grown in order to put one guy on the team, who will underachive because we've gotten rid of quality pieces already in place, and crippled our ability to replace them!

~ES Nation

Landry, Gaffney and our (2011)1st rounder (2012) 2nd rounder for the Rams pick #1 pick. Would they do it?

1st Rounder - Luck/RG3 (Dependingif the Rams trade us 1st or 2nd pick)

2nd Rounder - Mike Adams (RT)

2nd Rounder (Traded 3rd and 1 4th to trade up into 2nd) - Nick Toon (WR)

4th Rounder - Robert Lester (S)

BPA with the Rest

IMO that gives you a pretty solid roster, one that might just be able to compete in 2012

Landry, Gaffney and our (2011)1st rounder (2012) 2nd rounder for the Rams pick #1 pick. Would they do it ?

No. Its going to take far more than that to move up to the No.1 overall pick - at least 2 first rounders (and maybe a third) this years 2nd, maybe next years 2nd and some change. Landry is a free agent and will be coming off achiles surgery even if he is under contract - he is not going to carry much weight in that type of trade, Gaffney has had a good year but has marginal trade value.

Archived