Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Rams with the 1st pick in 2012 draft

Mania

For what it's worth, Mike Shanahan said a quarterback like Sam Bradford comes along "once every 10 years". Bradford is exactly what Mike Shanahan wants in a quarterback, so if for some reason he is made available we will definitely be interested.

You are a 100% correct, NAC386

For those that want proof of Shanahan having interest in Sam Bradford,look no further than this article.

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/redskinsinsider/mike-shanahan/bradford-honored-by-shanahans.html

Bradford honored by Shanahan's praise

Coach Mike Shanahan is considered one of the best offensive coaches in NFL history, and tutoring quarterbacks is among his specialties.

So when Shanahan praised Rams rookie quarterback Sam Bradford the other day, people listened.

"Well, I've been watching him a lot throughout his collegiate career and in preseason games he went pretty good," Shanahan said. "He's very impressive. He's a guy that comes around once every 10 years, in my opinion. He's that type of quarterback. Maybe 15 [years]."

When informed of Shanahan's comments, Bradford said he was honored.

"That is a huge compliment," he said in a conference call with reporters who cover the Redskins. "For someone like Coach Shanahan to say that about me, it's just a huge compliment. When you hear things like that it makes you just want to work that much harder to prove to everyone else that you can be that good and be that type of player."

There is a lot of time between now and the draft we can speculate all we want. Currently there is two weeks of football left and months before free agency and a short while after that the combined and draft.

There is currently three teams that could end up with the first overall pick as it stands now, Indy,Minnesota & St. Louis. Could St.Louis be willing to give up on Bradford maybe, but I would at least try to build something around him before I discard him. St. Louis roster is full of back ups and cast offs he has no weapons and there line is crap. ( edit other than Steven Jackson). Minnesota needs help on defense there secondary is like Swiss cheese and they need help along there defensive and offensive lines so there another team that could get help in stock pulling picks. Then there is the Colts do they take Luck and let him sit behind Manning and learn for a few years or take some more additional picks and get some much needed help with there roster Manning' s not going anywhere.

So the top three teams potentially might not even draft a quarterback, I for one say lets not mortgage our future for a quarterback that might not turn out to who we want him to be. It's a 50/50 chance that this franchise can not risk in my opinion could afford to make. So lets take a back seat to the speculations and wait to see what transpire in the next few months.

I think we take Bradford & Peyton this year, whatever it takes, and then draft Barkley and RG III (if he doesn't come out this year) and use the old guys to bring the two younguns along as our stater and b/u and just carry all four for a few years. And then we trade the old guys for Jet Li & Wolverine.

Wolverine is too much of a penalty hazard, you know, claws to the face and all. I'd rather get Juggernaut, we could use that guy for those short yardage situations.

I think we take Bradford & Peyton this year, whatever it takes, and then draft Barkley and RG III (if he doesn't come out this year) and use the old guys to bring the two younguns along as our stater and b/u and just carry all four for a few years. And then we trade the old guys for Jet Li & Wolverine.

ROTFLMAO! are Jet Li and Wolverine going to back ups?

Wolverine is too much of a penalty hazard' date=' you know, claws to the face and all. I'd rather get Juggernaut, we could use that guy for those short yardage situations.[/quote']

Oh yeah right. Be like having Suh only if Juggernaut gets pissed and steps on someone's head. :paranoid: Pass. :silly:

You also have to consider, depending on who the Rams coach is next year, even if they have the number two pick they may prefer to have Rg3 as their future QB and unload Bradford for picks. So aslong Rams are in the top two, trading up will be an option for one of the three QB's

I am all about seeing Wolverine on the Redskins. Think about it, we never have to worry about him getting injured. He blows his ACL and MCL, hops over to the sidelines for a play, heals and is back in the game. I am sure he would make a great RB with speed. And imagine a stiff arm with claws. We should trade all are draft picks for him, this year and next.

I am all about seeing Wolverine on the Redskins. Think about it, we never have to worry about him getting injured. He blows his ACL and MCL, hops over to the sidelines for a play, heals and is back in the game. I am sure he would make a great RB with speed. And imagine a stiff arm with claws. We should trade all are draft picks for him, this year and next.

Good god. It's this kind of reasoning that makes this board unbearable sometimes.

Please name me one mutant who has won a Super Bowl in the last 20 years? Exactly. Furthermore, while Wolverine has some fantastic intangibles, he simply wouldn't fit our system. The Shanny RB are small and excel with one slash; Wolverine is simply too tall and the guy loves slashing over and over and over.

This idea is moronic. If Wolverine falls to us (and this is of course assuming he doesn't stay at Xavier's Academy), then maybe we can start a discussion. To suggest we trade the house for him now is just pissing in the wind

Good god. It's this kind of reasoning that makes this board unbearable sometimes.

Please name me one mutant who has won a Super Bowl in the last 20 years? Exactly. Furthermore, while Wolverine has some fantastic intangibles, he simply wouldn't fit our system. The Shanny RB are small and excel with one slash; Wolverine is simply too tall and the guy loves slashing over and over and over.

This idea is moronic. If Wolverine falls to us (and this is of course assuming he doesn't stay at Xavier's Academy), then maybe we can start a discussion. To suggest we trade the house for him now is just pissing in the wind

Whoa Whoa Whoa!! Don't be Debbie Downer... It's possible!!

He only is the single most greatest Xmen EVER!!!

i'm thinking we switch picks with Iraq in the 26th round and send them 3 tons of scrap aluminum to move up and draft Yu Darvish in the 5th. HE WILL PLAY WHATEVER SPORT DAN SNYDER TELLS HIM TO PLAY.

that being said, i think we do in fact become players for Bradford or Luck if St. Louis gets the #1 pick. both would be hugely expensive, but someone is going to do it, and an argument could be made that the Redskins would have the most to benefit among teams picking in the top 10. and truthfully, im fine with whatever.

im fine with picks and im fine with a franchise qb. if we were to somehow lose both of those, it is an historic choke job and there is no hope anyway.

between a dramatic nfl offseason/draft and the 2012 election, this would be a great 12 months for the internet to go down.

I don't know what draft evaluation you read, but Wolverine is actually very short. Trouble is, he's a discipline problem known to frequently clash with teammates.

Besides, we should be scouting Colossus for our OL anyways. And sign his coach, Professor X to our Front Office. He can definitely find us talent.

cerebro_01_98097.jpg

I don't know what draft evaluation you read, but Wolverine is actually very short. Trouble is, he's a discipline problem known to frequently clash with teammates.

Besides, we should be scouting Colossus for our OL anyways. And sign his coach, Professor X to our Front Office. He can definitely find us talent.

cerebro_01_98097.jpg

You guys are idiots.

SPOILER ALERT IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN X-MEN 2; ninja text so you don't eff it up for yourselves:

Professor X is dead. He's not coaching from beyond the grave.

Colossus would be good, but I think Storm is going to be a sleeper pick. You'd always have the wind at your back, could make it rain when the other team has the ball, etc.

tn_wolverine_movie.jpg

I shall slice and dice any given defense with or without an OL, with or without an OC, run or pass I will score more and fight for ole DC. That I can promise you.

---------- Post added December-23rd-2011 at 05:32 PM ----------

Trent Dilfer had to be a mutant.

---------- Post added December-23rd-2011 at 05:33 PM ----------

I can hear it now, "personal foul, #52, metal claws to the face, 15 yards 1st down," like every other play. :ols:

Clean up on the 30 yard line please, blood puddles are slickery.

IMO the Rams with the #1 pick is a best case scenario for us. I'd be perfectly happy with them trading Bradford to us. If they would rather keep Bradford and trade out of the #1 spot then I'd be perfectly fine with the Redskins trading 3 first round picks for Luck. Chances are 1 of our of our next 3 first rounders is going to be a bust anyway. So effectively what you're trading is two starters for a possible franchise QB. That's an easy call IMO. Hypothetically, if San Diego (for example) offered up Rivers in a trade for any two of our starters I'd be all for it...and Luck could potentially be better than Rivers.

All I know is I'm going to be pulling really hard for the Colts to fall to the 2nd or 3rd pick. Even if it doesn't effect us I still don't want to see them get Luck. They have one bad season and it just so happens to be when the best QB prospect in years comes out? No team should be that lucky.

Archived