Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Reid at it again WP: London Fletcher believes in Redskins, who should re-sign him before he reconsiders

Truant

Fletch is a great example of what's right with sports. A hard-working and loyal role model that any parent can point to as how teamwork and passion for your job are supposed to look.

It was our good fortune to sign him back in '07, and I hope he retires a Redskin and joins our coaches on the sidelines when his playing days are over.

It's funny that yesterday Steelz & myself tweeted out a lot of Free Agency info that included Fletch wanting to do an extention when Vinny was still here, but Vinny wouldn't do it because we signed other teams stars at the time. Also tweeted out is the deal Fletch is expected to get, which is 4 years, void able after 3.

Yet Reid puts out this garbage a day later. Not surprising for someone that reportedly sits down to pee, i guess.

I'll give him this much, at least he didn't lift from us this time.

I want London to get a Darrel Green contract.

We re-signed Darrel Green, in 1997 at age 37, to a 5 year deal. He played all 5 years at a high level. I have no doubt London will also

I agree wholeheartedly. Even if he drops back to give outstanding, reliable veteran depth, London should be on this roster.

You can't have sentiment in football, but London Fletcher should be the one to decide when he hangs it up as a Redskin. Nobody else. He's MORE than earned that right.

Hail.

NLC, as the rules make clear, reliance on the profanity filters do not act as carte blanche on here in terms of self-expression. You have been pretty colorful lately in many posts, and that's great the way you usually do it and we like passion and engagement. But do it like this one more time (especially the last sentence) and you'll be genuinely missed for more than a week or two.

What you guys need to do is install a Yosemite Sam filter instead :yes:...then instead of a bunch of asterisks, NLC's posts would read "Great horny toads!! I oughta tan this no-good ornery critter's hide for dang-blasted insulting London Fletcher, Reid ain't nuthin' but a low-down pesky varmint!" :thumbsup:

Not only does this insult London's loyalty to the team, it suggest Mike Shannahan doesn't realize London's about to be a FA. Like he's giving some sort of advice saying, 'they should resign fletcher'. No ****.

haha what an idiot

Seriously? Reid hates shanny because he traded J-Cam? Thats so dumb, the whole fanbase had given up on him

Go back & read some of Reid's work while JC was here & when Shanny came in & traded for McSuck & shipped off JC.

Seriously? Reid hates shanny because he traded J-Cam? Thats so dumb, the whole fanbase had given up on him

Reid on Campbell:

Redskins fans traveled this road with Campbell for four years. So did I. Campbell was Washington’s starter for my first three years on the beat. During this time, we developed a strong working relationship. And since he moved on to Oakland, we’ve become friends.

I offer that to explain I’m biased about Campbell. He’s among the most honest and loyal people I’ve encountered. I know what he’s done to help others without seeking attention. He’s just a good guy. I root for him to succeed. Not only on the football field — in life, period.

He's pretty open about both his boy-crush on Campbell and his bias against Shanny for trading him.

Reid on Campbell:

He's pretty open about both his boy-crush on Campbell and his bias against Shanny for trading him.

Well, we all loved JC as a person but he didn't fit the scheme anymore, and was not the guy that was gonna take us to the next level. But, as a nice memory, lets watch this Eastern's commercial with JC and chief Zee haha.

Reid on Campbell:

So, he has openly admitted that he is completely biased because a close personal friend of his was treated somewhat poorly by the organization and that he resents the current head coach for trading him to Oakland, and his articles are clearly of an anti-Redskins slant because of this...and he still not only has a job, but wound up getting promoted, AND put on TV every week.

...It's so nice to be an unemployed sad sack in a world where people like this can fail upwards...

London Fletcher already has a ring, which is probably why he can tolerate failure. If he didn't have that one ring with the Rams, and had never been on a Super Bowl winning team, I doubt very seriously if he could deal with the continuous losing culture that are the Washington Redskins. So, having already reached the ultimate goal before of winning a Super Bowl and having a ring, Fletcher can bare losing simply because he like's the Redskins organization enough.

Reid is not a journalist. He's a columnist. It's nothing but opinion. Worthless opinion but just opinion nonetheless.

As has been pointed out, Reid's agenda against both Shanahans started with the trade of Jason Campbell and continued with their "disrespect" of McUnemployed. This is once again revealed in this column with another swipe at Shanahan for the current QB situation.

The guy writes with an agenda, like all columnists, so nothing new. But since we all know where he's coming from its all that much easier to dismiss him as being as worthless as the few "fans" who cry about McUnemployed being treated unfairly.

As for Fletcher, it would be nice to keep him here.

This article basically amounts to J-Reid calling Fletcher stupid for wanting to stay here.

What an unbelievable *******. The fact that London even bothered talking to this prick is beyond me but shows how classy Fletcher really is. The fact that Reid warps London's hope and optimism for the future into some "Ahh, ain't dat cute, dopey veteran thinks ****'s gonna change" narrative is damn insulting to Fletcher. Fletcher deserves better than this two-bit hack job insulting his loyalty to this organization. Jason Reid wishes he were half the man London Fletcher is. Only a ***** ass little boy would take what London said and turn into some "what a rube, what a marroon" attention grabbing piece because Reid knows there ain't a whole lot of **** to talk about Sunday's game.

What a bag of ***** this guy is. Wait, no. I'm sorry. Given that most of the population of this board HAS a ****, I wouldn't want to insult them by insinuating that's what Reid is. He is a disdainful, moronic, ignorant, hackjob, phony, misinformed, inattentive, butthurt, overpaid, overplayed, so-called "journalist" who is trying his goddamn hardest to hate his way out of town so he can get paid to talk about **** he doesn't understand or doesn't want to understand on ESPN and NFL Network. He is worse than Jason LaCanfora. At least JLC had the good graces to be RIGHT about **** occasionally. There are people on this SILLY INTERNET MESSAGE BOARD who are more connected with the organization than he is.

I don't ask the media around here to be brain dead homers. Thank God there are guys like Rich Tandler and John Keim and Rich Campbell and Grant Paulsen who can be negative while also being reality and fact base. This loser is the ****ing Skip Bayless of the mother****ing Washington sports media, and my only hope is that the mother****er gets fired so I don't have to see what bull**** he has to come up with next.

**** this guy for ****ing insulting London Fletcher. **** him up his ****ing ass with a ****ing rusty pipe.

Hail.

Dude, you are my absolute favorite.

Agreed, even if with fewer asterisks.

Why do people even click on his articles anymore? I stopped when he was so wrong with "the fix is in" bit about the qb position. I wish I had a job where there was no expectation for me to be right about anything

Agreed. Sports commentators further their careers by saying things that tick people off and get them talking. It's like playing the heel in pro wrestling, he wants heat. By clicking that link you further his career and you become his mark.

Man! NLC1054 that was harsh but I can understand it. Jason Reid is not even a good journalist because he doesn't report things. Instead he gives his stupid opinion that doesn't amount to a hill of beans. I don't even know why they even allow him on Washington Post Live with Ivan Carter. I guess you have to put two douche bags like Reid and Wise on their to have someone provide a Redskins bashing side. But I am trying to find the guy on any of the shows or in the newspapers that provide and good, positive information on the Redskins. I guess they rather put those jack offs on to get ratings.

At his age, his bet bet is probably to resign with the Redskins. For football reasons, maybe not so much. But that said, if he wants to win football games and hope to win a championship, he should probably go elsewhere. With the myriad of problems and issues we lament day in and day out on this board, you can't see why Reid would wonder why Fletcher would want to come back to this mess? Yes, Fletcher's an earnest, dedicated guy, but he's running out of time to be participating in rebuilding.

I cannot believe that Reid is a Redskins beat writer! Just because you know how to compound a sentance and write a few paragraphs does not make you a good reporter, which he is not. It is obvious that he has this huge hatred of my Skins, and everything about the team. He clearly does not understand how or why anyone would ever want to be apart of this organization.

I say that we ship his butt to Dallas (Reid), they will love him there.

Archived