Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Reid at it again WP: London Fletcher believes in Redskins, who should re-sign him before he reconsiders

Truant

webonly---skins.jpg

The good news for the Washington Redskins is that inside linebacker London Fletcher obviously doesn’t get it. Even after five seasons surrouded by dysfunction, Fletcher chooses optimism. For some reason, he still believes he can help restore the Redskins.

Given that Fletcher’s commitment to them hasn’t wavered despite another miserable season, management had better get to him quickly. As soon as possible, the Redskins should re-sign their ageless, productive leader, who could become a free agent after the season.

Don’t give the 14-year veteran the chance to change his mind, because this struggling regime can’t afford to lose him.

Really, there’s no need to negotiate. Fletcher could probably dump his agent for this one. The Redskins should simply ask the fair-minded Fletcher how much he wants to continue to provide the type of professionalism uncommon in their organization.

---

Nice spelling on "surrounded", jackass.

Click for more...

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/redskins/london-fletcher-believes-in-redskins-who-should-re-sign-him-before-he-reconsiders/2011/12/13/gIQAAYRNsO_story.html

This article basically amounts to J-Reid calling Fletcher stupid for wanting to stay here.

What an unbelievable *******. The fact that London even bothered talking to this prick is beyond me but shows how classy Fletcher really is. The fact that Reid warps London's hope and optimism for the future into some "Ahh, ain't dat cute, dopey veteran thinks ****'s gonna change" narrative is damn insulting to Fletcher. Fletcher deserves better than this two-bit hack job insulting his loyalty to this organization. Jason Reid wishes he were half the man London Fletcher is. Only a ***** ass little boy would take what London said and turn into some "what a rube, what a marroon" attention grabbing piece because Reid knows there ain't a whole lot of **** to talk about Sunday's game.

What a bag of ***** this guy is. Wait, no. I'm sorry. Given that most of the population of this board HAS a ****, I wouldn't want to insult them by insinuating that's what Reid is. He is a disdainful, moronic, ignorant, hackjob, phony, misinformed, inattentive, butthurt, overpaid, overplayed, so-called "journalist" who is trying his goddamn hardest to hate his way out of town so he can get paid to talk about **** he doesn't understand or doesn't want to understand on ESPN and NFL Network. He is worse than Jason LaCanfora. At least JLC had the good graces to be RIGHT about **** occasionally. There are people on this SILLY INTERNET MESSAGE BOARD who are more connected with the organization than he is.

I don't ask the media around here to be brain dead homers. Thank God there are guys like Rich Tandler and John Keim and Rich Campbell and Grant Paulsen who can be negative while also being reality and fact base. This loser is the ****ing Skip Bayless of the mother****ing Washington sports media, and my only hope is that the mother****er gets fired so I don't have to see what bull**** he has to come up with next.

**** this guy for ****ing insulting London Fletcher. **** him up his ****ing ass with a ****ing rusty pipe.

Hail.

I wonder how many people just read the title, and how many people actually read what J-Reid was saying about London...namely that he was dumb for wanting to stay here and he couldn't understand why.

That's the vibe I got from it, anyway.

i'm sure he would think we shouldn't take this the wrong way. :rolleyes:

Don’t give the 14-year veteran the chance to change his mind, because this struggling regime can’t afford to lose him.

Really, there’s no need to negotiate. Fletcher could probably dump his agent for this one. The Redskins should simply ask the fair-minded Fletcher how much he wants to continue to provide the type of professionalism uncommon in their organization.

I wonder how many people just read the title, and how many people actually read what J-Reid was saying about London...namely that he was dumb for wanting to stay here and he couldn't understand why.

i agree with you nlc. this was a very insulting piece to london fletcher. it basically was a bunch of "what the **** are you thinking?!?"

i'm sure he would think we shouldn't take this the wrong way. :rolleyes:

It's the whole tone of the article. The "really, how could you possibly think this" vibe.

Maybe I just read it wrong, but that's the vibe I get. I'm probably overreacting, but if there's any player I think deserves more respect than that, it's Fletcher.

Funny thing is Reid wrote a strong column before the last draft saying Shanny should be smart and NOT draft a QB. Now to him Shanny is an idiot for not drafting one? I guess Reid doesn't buy into the thoughts of his own columns? You had this summer Reid imploring Shanny to release AH and McNabb saying Shanny's a fool if he thinks he will get anything back for either one. This week on 106.7, even Arrington and Dukes who hate on the team a lot were saying the offense is taking some steps forward -- they asked Reid what he thought and he more or less said that the team made NO steps forward in the NE game, that they are the same old same old. Lots of hate and dumb stuff coming out of Reid IMO.

Reid is one of the worst journalists I've ever seen. He makes Jason La Canfora look competent. I miss Mark Maske and good Redskins reporting. :(

Back OT, I love London Fletcher, but he is aging. Is it the smart move for a rebuilding team to resign a 35+ year old? We already got Riley to replace him and ILBs aren't as important in the 3-4 compared to OLB and DL.

Funny thing is Reid wrote a strong column before the last draft saying Shanny should be smart and NOT draft a QB. Now to him Shanny is an idiot for not drafting one? I guess Reid doesn't buy into the thoughts of his own columns? You had this summer Reid imploring Shanny to release AH and McNabb saying Shanny's a fool if he thinks he will get anything back for either one. This week on 106.7, even Arrington and Dukes who hate on the team a lot were saying the offense is taking some steps forward -- they asked Reid what he thought and he more or less said that the team made NO steps forward in the NE game, that they are the same old same old. Lots of hate and dumb stuff coming out of Reid IMO.

It's the whole tone of the article. The "really, how could you possibly think this" vibe.

Maybe I just read it wrong, but that's the vibe I get. I'm probably overreacting, but if there's any player I think deserves more respect than that, it's Fletcher.

When the article starts off with "The good news for the Washington Redskins is that inside linebacker London Fletcher obviously doesn’t get it", it's not hard to understand why you'd think that way lol...

I would respond back to Reid with "It's obviously you who does not 'get" London Fletcher".

NLC, as the rules make clear, reliance on the profanity filters do not act as carte blanche on here in terms of self-expression. You have been pretty colorful lately in many posts, and that's great the way you usually do it and we like passion and engagement. But do it like this one more time (especially the last sentence) and you'll be genuinely missed for more than a week or two.

NLC, as the rules make clear, reliance on the profanity filters do not act as carte blanche on here in terms of self-expression. You have been pretty colorful lately in many posts, and that's great the way you usually do it and we like passion and engagement. But do it like this one more time (especially the last sentence) and you'll be genuinely missed for more than a week or two.

Got it sir. My bad.

I hear what you are saying, and why you would be fired up. If anything though, I could also see this as Reid's passive-agressive way of re-iterating what every person who has ever followed London's career already knows: He will never give up.

I wouldn't say the intention of this article is, "London is a fool because only a fool would enjoy playing here." I think his goal was to point out that just about 90% of the human population in London's shoes would probably prefer to end their career with an organization like the Packers or Patriots (for obvious reasons).

I didn't walk away from this article thinking Fletcher was being called out... If anything it just reminded me why my favorite player on the Redskins is indeed my favorite player on the Redskins.

Or maybe we care a lot more about Fletch than we care about some reporter.

Jason Reid is one reason I don't subscribe to the Washtington Post --- I don't want to support that miserable 'smear-journalist' in any fashion.

On the other hand London Fletcher is one of the bright spots on this team. I know that one day, he's going to have to make way for another starter at his position -- but as a role model of dedication, tenacity and professionalism --- London Fletcher won't be taking a back seat to anyone. We need to extend his contract and reward his years of tireless service to this team. He's exactly what being a Redskin should all about -- and a person I can cheer for, without reservation.

its the same vibe i got. I actually think Reid may be worse than JLC. and thats saying alot.

Reid is just doing a poor job of saying what should be said:

London Fletcher has admitted it's been so tough that even though he knows he can still play at a level close to, if not equal with, the best of them, he has contemplated retiring once or twice since being here. He has a great passion for the game, this organization, and his teammates but I feel that he will ultimately walk away from the game before the game walks away from him. We should re-sign him to a 2 year contract, at the minimum, before the offseason arrives and he has the time to contemplate if he wants to retire because that is more likely than him going to another team. The longer you give him to think about, as well as time away from the game during the offseason, the more likely he is to seriously consider it.

I think he'll definitely be back, but it's just not worth it to let him walk into the offseason with the chance to go somewhere else or to retire without any contractual obligation to this franchise.

its the same vibe i got. I actually think Reid may be worse than JLC. and thats saying alot.

He's much worse. The guy said Shanahan "is a liar and that he doesn't believe a word he says" in print. Yet the Post has no problem with him covering the team as an objective reporter.

Archived