Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Reid at it again WP: London Fletcher believes in Redskins, who should re-sign him before he reconsiders

Truant

I want London to get a Darrel Green contract.

We re-signed Darrel Green, in 1997 at age 37, to a 5 year deal. He played all 5 years at a high level. I have no doubt London will also

Agreed. My only regret is that he hasn't been here for his entire career. Regardless, I want him to retire a Redskin and I want him to retire from a winning team.

I cannot believe that Reid is a Redskins beat writer! Just because you know how to compound a sentance and write a few paragraphs does not make you a good reporter, which he is not. It is obvious that he has this huge hatred of my Skins, and everything about the team. He clearly does not understand how or why anyone would ever want to be apart of this organization.

I say that we ship his butt to Dallas, they will love him there.

I actually think he got promoted from the beat. Now he is a all sports columnist. He replaced Wilbon I think.

Reid can't give Shanny credit for anything. Engaged him on Twitter recently and he wouldn't even say the 2011 draft looks promising. Should have taken a QB instead of Kerrigan, he said. Helu is "just a guy." No credit to Shanny for the trades he made either. Doesn't think Gaffney can play, so who cares if Shanny got him for nothing?

It's not only the JC thing -- he also hates Shanny because of the McNabb debacle. Remember, Reid basically just transcribed what Fletcher Smith and McNabb told him. He said all the stuff about McNabb not working hard, not knowing the offense, being out of shape... it was all made up by Shanny according to Reid.

Now, when all of these accusations were proven to be true after McNabb's time in Minnesota, did Reid acknowledge this? Nope. The guy is a jocksniffer. If a player befriends him, hangs with him like JC and McNabb did... well, all objectivity goes out the window.

Reid can't give Shanny credit for anything. Engaged him on Twitter recently and he wouldn't even say the 2011 draft looks promising. Should have taken a QB instead of Kerrigan, he said. Helu is "just a guy." No credit to Shanny for the trades he made either. Doesn't think Gaffney can play, so who cares if Shanny got him for nothing?

It's not only the JC thing -- he also hates Shanny because of the McNabb debacle. Remember, Reid basically just transcribed what Fletcher Smith and McNabb told him. He said all the stuff about McNabb not working hard, not knowing the offense, being out of shape... it was all made up by Shanny according to Reid.

Now, when all of these accusations were proven to be true after McNabb's time in Minnesota, did Reid acknowledge this? Nope. The guy is a jocksniffer. If a player befriends him, hangs with him like JC and McNabb did... well, all objectivity goes out the window.

the worst is lavar and dukes have him on their show and they slob over everything he says like hes some big time inside source or some great writer. its mindnumbing because reid is a flat out moron who knows next to nothing, twists everything to suit his silly agenda, and his JC mancrush practically clouded 2 years of his writing. his mcnabb love was nuts too.

whats even more irritating about every single media outlet outside of beat reporters, is that they all hate shanny. and i seriously wonder if they hate shanny cause hes a bad coach, or if they hate shanny because he hates the media and makes a mockery of his press conferences and any sort of information he gives them. its like a big pissing contest that gets in the way of good reporting.

J Reid is a robot programmed to hate the Redskins. The guy is not a writer whatsoever, he just spews redundant facts in every one of his effing articles and sprinkles in a little hated of the Skins. I only read his crap to see how much I disagree with him that particular week.

Oh and yes, the Skins should re-sign the league leader in tackles and one of their only captains that doesn't flunk drug tests. Age is only a number when you properly take care of your body.

Everyone said "he's just a sports columnist"----I don't think being a columnist means that you have the right to have no journalistic integrity. Even though you're only writing your opinion, your opinion informs the opinion of your readers. Therefore, you have an obligation, if you have an integrity whatsoever, to adhere to the facts. They can be facts that support your opinion, but still, facts. Jason Reid does no such thing, and not only does he no adhere to the facts, his entire persona has been informed by bias.

Both Campbell (because Campbell's a nice guy) and McNabb (because McNabb is smart and understands Reid's a ****ing rube) are close, personal friends. He can divorce himself from those friends and look and anything objectively. In fact, he doesn't want to. Like someone said, he's like a heel in wresting. He likes to get cheap heat by writing this crap, and the Post doesn't care about anything but the view count.

And maybe we feed this jerk and give him more credibility than he deserves. But the fact he has a prominent job and is on TV every week talking about something that his is clearly and ADMITTEDLY biased about just makes it worse. It's like hiring an admitted technophobe to write on technology review site; you're not going to get quality work, or honest work.

the worst is lavar and dukes have him on their show and they slob over everything he says like hes some big time inside source or some great writer. its mindnumbing because reid is a flat out moron who knows next to nothing, twists everything to suit his silly agenda, and his JC mancrush practically clouded 2 years of his writing. his mcnabb love was nuts too.

At least JC did okay in Oakland and one could argue the Skins might have been better off him keeping him.

But McNabb's experience in Minnesota proved that the Shanahans weren't making up stuff about him. That he really wasn't interested in working hard and didn't exactly have the support of the locker room. But Reid will never ever admit this.

At least JC did okay in Oakland and one could argue the Skins might have been better off him keeping him.

But McNabb's experience in Minnesota proved that the Shanahans weren't making up stuff about him. That he really wasn't interested in working hard and didn't exactly have the support of the locker room. But Reid will never ever admit this.

He says that reason he doesn't like the Shanahan's is because he felt like they badmouthed McNabb anonymously.

Because apparently Mike was supposed to call a press conference and says "McNabb was a lazy, unmotivated, out of work tool, and I spit in his general direction", or something.

What a terrible article. How about an article full of deserved praise for Fletcher, focusing on his outstanding career just here in DC.

That would be much better-suited to hammer home the point that regardless of age the team needs to resign him. I mean, that was the "point" of the article based on the title, right?

Reid only used this point to launch into attacks on the team.

What a terrible disservice to such a great player.

He says that reason he doesn't like the Shanahan's is because he felt like they badmouthed McNabb anonymously.

Because apparently Mike was supposed to call a press conference and says "McNabb was a lazy, unmotivated, out of work tool, and I spit in his general direction", or something.

But anonymous badmouthing is gutless though. If you're gonna say something about somebody, be a man and claim it or don't say it.

But anonymous badmouthing is gutless though. If you're gonna say something about somebody, be a man and claim it or don't say it.

so now the coach is about to tell the media how they feel about a player? youve watched an NFL press conference right? you do understand that theyre the most pointless, full of vague dog and pony shows on the planet right?

Yeah, that's what he says now. It's made-up nonsense. When Reid was initially transcribing/"reporting" what Fletcher Smith told him, he said what Shanny said was all lies.

Minnesota proved Shanny wasn't lying about anything, so rather than admit he was wrong, Reid came up with this "Shanny trashed McNabb anonymously" crap.

so now the coach is about to tell the media how they feel about a player? youve watched an NFL press conference right? you do understand that theyre the most pointless, full of vague dog and pony shows on the planet right?

And the problem is that it's not like that kind of thing didn't leak our of the Philly lockerroom, OR the Vikings lockerroom. If you're a problem child on a football team, word gets around, and it's got nothing to do with anonymously badmouthing anyone. It's just as easy to assume a player said it and assuming a coach said it. And unless you're Mike Ditka, coaches are more or less bounded by secret blood oath to never be 100% honest about anything ever.

Jason Reid is a tool. I have no problem with people bashing the team, but we're rebuilding! isn't this what everyone wanted all along!!!! We whiffed on McNabb but I have no issues with our maneuvering since that mistake was amde and acknowledged. The whole article about our personnel department was ridiculous considering the thing we have done well the past 2 years is draft pretty well!

This terrible sports journalism has gone far enough. This man continues to write nothing but negative articles to incite some psuedo drama. When your team is losing, you look toward what is improving. There is plenty of it, both at an organizational level and player level. Josh Reid, you write for the WASHINGTON POST and you cover WASHINGTON REDSKINS you goon hack.

I just said he doesn't HAVE to say anything. This isn't about press conferences. Every coach has people they go to if they want something out in the media. What Shanahan thinks of a player can only be known if he told the wrong person outside of the coaches meetings, which might be acceptable the first time, but then it kept happening. What Reid was intimating is Shanahan just found another, indirect way to tell the media what he thought of McNabb. I think media types talk to other media types, so they know where info's coming from.

Once again, Jason Reid is right on the money. Cuts right to the heart of the issue and delivers cold, hard truth.

If London Fletcher is allowed to hit free agency, he'll be gone. A team like Detroit would kill for his leadership. Or a serious Super Bowl contender, like the Patriots or Packers would love to have him on their team.

"This guy is a jocksniffer"!!! That made my day, thanks.

I didn't mind the article at all. If London Fletcher signs with another team for a chance to win a championship, I can't be mad at him for that. It's not like this team has been a model of consistency. I realize that's changing now, but by the time we're ready to compete (probably 2 years from now), London may be too old to contribute. I'm sure a team like the Pats or the Lions could use his leadership right now if he wanted to leave. Reid's just pointing out the obvious. Why be a contributor for mediocre team when you can have the same impact for a winning team?

How could anybody read that article and think he was dogging Fletcher. It was all very complimentary toward Fletcher, touting his professionalism, attitude, and his on field performance. It was basically a tongue-in-check deal saying that we need to get him signed before Fletcher "comes to his senses", realizing he is committing all of his effort to a lousy organization that has shown little in terms of improvement during his time here. Hard to argue with that, and he certainly was not insulting Fletcher.

Archived