Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Rock N Roll Hall of Fame. **2018 Nominees**

DM72

56 minutes ago, Riggo-toni said:

Dire Straits and maybe J Geils for their early stuff...maybe.

The Cars will get in just on sales alone, and I suppose one could argue they made New Wave mainstream (is that really a good thing?)

How are the Moody Blues not in yet?

I don't mean to sound like a broken record every year, but how does The Cars get in on record sales but not Def Leppard? And if you put Bon Jovi in, why no Def Leppard?

Anyway, here's someone else that's been totally forgotten. Barry White. 

34 minutes ago, DM72 said:

I don't mean to sound like a broken record every year, but how does The Cars get in on record sales but not Def Leppard? And if you put Bob Jovi in, why no Def Leppard?

Anyway, here's someone else that's been totally forgotten. Barry White. 

Who is this Bob Jovi? :rofl89:

10 hours ago, Bacon said:

Kate Bush is a genius and absolutely deserves to make the cut, but that's a longshot and a half. 

It's ridiculous that Depeche Mode isn't in yet. Hopefully this is their year. 

DM was the first band I worked security for, the Songs of Faith & Devotion tour...and somebody had told me they were a boring show...wrong.  Great show, and nice people as well...they let us raid their catering room when they were done eating dinner, LOL.  Dave caught me watching him, a semi-embarrassing moment.:wub:

Funny how every year when a HOF (Sports, Music, etc.) come out with their nominees and someone always posts, "how is it that such and such is not in already."

Well, not everyone can get in at the same time.  The R&R HOF hasn't been around very long, so some may have to wait longer than others. I imagine that "such and such" will eventually get in, but for now, I think they are trying to make sure they include a variety of genres.

Warren Zevon                                                                                                 

Little Feat                                                                                                              

Foreigner
Blue Oyster Cult                                                                                                           

J. Geils Band                                                                                                           

Judas Priest        

still not in!                                                                                                            

6 hours ago, Rdskns2000 said:

They should rename it the Music Hall of Fame, which is more of what it is.  They are alot of acts in there that aren't what you would call Rock'N'Roll.

I tell people this every year. Go read up the origin of Rock N Roll. You might be surprised.

2 hours ago, pjfootballer said:

Funny how every year when a HOF (Sports, Music, etc.) come out with their nominees and someone always posts, "how is it that such and such is not in already."

Well, not everyone can get in at the same time.  The R&R HOF hasn't been around very long, so some may have to wait longer than others. I imagine that "such and such" will eventually get in, but for now, I think they are trying to make sure they include a variety of genres.

I think what drives people crazy is that some artist that probably don't deserve it, get in instantly, while other artist have to wait year after year.

Should Matallica had gotten in before some other rock bands that were before them? Donna Summers is in, but Barry White doesn't even get a nomination? 

27 minutes ago, DM72 said:

I think what drives people crazy is that some artist that probably don't deserve it, get in instantly, while other artist have to wait year after year.

Should Matallica had gotten in before some other rock bands that were before them? Donna Summers is in, but Barry White doesn't even get a nomination? 

True, but like I said, it's the same for sports.  How did Michael "pushes off every play" Irvin get in before Art Monk.  I guess for me, it's that they get in, not when they get in.  And again, the R&R HOF is so new, unless they just had a mass exodus of performers in the first 3 classes, some will have to wait.  But I do see your point.

• 2 months later...

Archived