Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Rock N Roll Hall of Fame. **2018 Nominees**

DM72

I'm sort of amazed Chicago was not already in. I thought their early stuff was liked by critics, but I could be wrong there.

I honestly no longer know if I like Steve Miller or not. I worked at a concert venue all through college and law school, and Steve Miller played every year. He played the same 12 songs to the same 12,000 people in the exact same manner every year. Those 12 songs are kind of great, I think, but I also kind of hate them.

Deep Purple...I know the opening rift to Smoke on the Water and that's it.

This is the most Memorial Day Weekend Classic Rock countdown class ever, right?

I will hear nothing bad of Cheap Trick. I assume Rick Nielson is psyched that he's finally going to get to use those "HOF" guitar picks I'm sure he specially ordered a few years ago.

The fact that NWA is going to perform in front of a huge crowd of rich white people who are there to honor them would make 16 year old LKB's head explode. I hope MC Ren is available.

It's about time!  However you feel about handing out awards for art or the Rock 'n Roll Hall of Fame in general Chicago and Cheap Trick were 2 of the top 4 biggest Hall of Fame snubs on my list.

Now how about Warren Zevon, Little Feat, the J. Geils Band, Foreigner, War.....

Foreigner should be in. But the J Geils Band? Really?

If I could swap Foreigner for J. Geils I'd do it but Jan Wenner always forgets to ask for my opinion.  

Don't know how old you are but the J. Geils Band before Freeze Frame consistently put out bar band boogie that would blow your mind and make your back side move.  Especially live.    

If I could swap Foreigner for J. Geils I'd do it but Jan Wenner always forgets to ask for my opinion.  

Don't know how old you are but the J. Geils Band before Freeze Frame consistently put out bar band boogie that would blow your mind and make your back side move.  Especially live.    

I remember The J Geils Band during the Love Stinks, Centerfold and Freeze Frame era.

For whatever reason, when I try to edit, it won't let me edit the title.

Another group that should be considered is The Jam. Really surprised that they're not already in.

Try double clicking around the thread title, here or out on the main tailgate page. It's been awhile but that's how it was done back when. Maybe it still works.

Anyway, NWA today, Geto Boys tomorrow. Time to revive the great Bushwick (aka Chuck, four foot eight and straight don't give a ****)

Sorry, I still love him

Try double clicking around the thread title, here or out on the main tailgate page. It's been awhile but that's how it was done back when. Maybe it still works.

Anyway, NWA today, Geto Boys tomorrow. Time to revive the great Bushwick (aka Chuck, four foot eight and straight don't give a ****)

Sorry, I still love him

Size Ain't ****!

Size Ain't ****!

Seriously, he's the most successful dwarf in the history of music. And he did it in gangsta rap no less. If that's not HoF worthy, I don't know what is.

I'm tempted to say Bushwick > Eazy but I gotta think that through a bit more (I need to do some research on how much Bushwick wrote his own rhymes, I honestly don't know)

• 9 months later...

I would put the Moody Blues in before ELO, if for no other reason than they preceded them when it came to full orchestral production behind rock music.

I convinced the guys in a band I was in to do First I Look at the Purse, even though it's always a risky proposition doing very obscure covers. People loved it!

Archived