3 minutes ago, Kilmer17 said:

List is in

Nina Simone

Moody Blues

Dire Straights

The Cars

Bon Jovi

best class in a long time. 

Was hoping for Priest.  But that’ll have to wait.  

Looking forward to this induction ceremony 

I'd vote for The Cars, and that's it. Simone without Garfunkel just doesn't do it for me. 

For cryin' out loud - Bon Jovi is in the Rock 'n Roll Hall of Fame and Warren Zevon, Little Feat, Blue Oyster Cult, Foreigner, J. Geils Band and Judas Priest are not.                                                                             

11 minutes ago, Rocky21 said:

For cryin' out loud - Bon Jovi is in the Rock 'n Roll Hall of Fame and Warren Zevon, Little Feat, Blue Oyster Cult, Foreigner, J. Geils Band and Judas Priest are not.                                                                             

This is depressing.

12 minutes ago, Rocky21 said:

Yes, No, Yes, No, No and No. (ie. do they deserve to be)

While I agree those bands (not little feat) as well as many others also deserve to be in, and maybe even before Bon Jovi, that doesnt mean that Bon Jovi doesnt deserve to be in.  They clearly and certainly do.  

I would have rather seen Def Leppard in before them as well, but they'll get in.

The band I am most happy for and about is the Cars.  Phenomenal synth rock band.  They were a huge influence for and in the 80s.  Probably the most deserving of all the nominees this year.

7 minutes ago, Kilmer17 said:

While I agree those bands (not little feat) as well as many others also deserve to be in, and maybe even before Bon Jovi, that doesnt mean that Bon Jovi doesnt deserve to be in.  They clearly and certainly do.  

I would have rather seen Def Leppard in before them as well, but they'll get in.

The band I am most happy for and about is the Cars.  Phenomenal synth rock band.  They were a huge influence for and in the 80s.  Probably the most deserving of all the nominees this year.

Elliot Easton might be the most underrated guitarist in history.  You listen to those old Cars records and the guitar work is just flawless.  The Cars are absolutely deserving.

Also....Little Feat is amazing.  Top 5 Southern Rock band.

6 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Elliot Easton might be the most underrated guitarist in history.  You listen to those old Cars records and the guitar work is just flawless.  The Cars are absolutely deserving.

Also....Little Feat is amazing.  Top 5 Southern Rock band.

Meh.  Not my favorite.

7 hours ago, Rocky21 said:

Blue Oyster Cult  -- so many great songs, Godzilla, Black Blade, Burnin' For You, Don't Fear the Reaper. Totally deserving.

Warren Zevon -- songs had a lot of wit and charm. Deserving.

Foreigner -- were they really a rock 'n roll band? More of an easy listening band. Although I'm sure dentists across the country would

disagree with me (that band always appears to be playing at the dentist's office).

J. Geils Band -- one hit wonder (Freeze Frame)

Judas Priest -- meh really didn't care for them

Little Feat -- what they ever do? Nothing for nobody.  

2 hours ago, Mournblade said:

Blue Oyster Cult  -- so many great songs, Godzilla, Black Blade, Burnin' For You, Don't Fear the Reaper. Totally deserving.

Foreigner -- were they really a rock 'n roll band? More of an easy listening band. Although I'm sure dentists across the country would

disagree with me (that band always appears to be playing at the dentist's office).

BOC...forgot Godzilla

Warren...he'll eventually get there. Too many of the critics like him.

Foreigner...eventually will get in. They were massively popular and will eventually get the fan vote...like Bon Jovi.

J. Geils...you're forgetting Centerfold. However, prior to that, they were probably the best boogie band around.

Judas Priest...you may not personally like them, but hugely influential. They'll get there eventually.

Little Feat...see your point, but were a good band. Shouldn't be in though. 

Again, the R&R HOF hasn't been around long.  So it's going to take some time to get everyone in without having classes as big as 30 or 40. 

Maybe it can be argued which band should get in before another one, but eventually all the great bands that have been mentioned, that haven't got in, will. 

Everyone's musical taste is different, so the bands that you think should be in, others may disagree and vice-versa. 

As far as Bon Jovi, this is reminiscent of KISS.  It doesn't matter if you think they are cheesy, lousy or simplistic, they left an indelible mark on the music world and 100% deserve to get in.  With that said, they are certainly not one of my favorite bands.  Sometimes when their songs come on, I listen.  Other times, I'm not in the mood. But I cannot take away what they have done.

Two bands that I like are ZZ Top and Aerosmith.  But, I really have to be in a certain mood to listen to them and what songs are playing. Some of you are just music snobs trying to impress us with your "knowledge" of what is music by pulling these obscure bands out of a hat, just so we think you know something besides mainstream.

I feel like I have a good ear for music.  I play the drums and played in school bands and local bands.  I've substituted for a friends band the last few years when their regular drummer couldn't make it.  I can appreciate the obscure bands, but also appreciate the mainstream cheesy bands also.

Enjoy what you enjoy. There's no right or wrong when it comes to your ears.

16 hours ago, Mournblade said:

blasphemer.jpg?w=560

:-)

So....it was my birthday this week (blah....I'm old) and one of my old DC chums put up a somewhat goofy picture of me from our younger days. We engaged in general banter and other people joined and it become this silly nostalgic thing. As a joke, I posted the video to "Never Say Goodbye" by Bon Jovi, because that's funny, right?

And then I listened to the song twice and nearly freaking cried. Granted, we're discussing putting our dog down, and I probably shouldn't listen to songs like that, but still. Thus is the power of Bon Jovi.

The dude wrote terrible yet completely perfect rock songs.

Every single one of you ****s would absolutely lose your minds at a Bon Jovi concert when that key change at the end of "Livin' on a Prayer" kicks in. (God, that man loves the dramatic key change).

13 minutes ago, Lombardi's_kid_brother said:

So....it was my birthday this week (blah....I'm old)

Every single one of you ****s would absolutely lose your minds at a Bon Jovi concert when that key change at the end of "Livin' on a Prayer" kicks in. (God, that man loves the dramatic key change).

testosterone-gel.jpg

Archived