Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

No whining about the fact we won please!

Burgold

I'll be absolutely sick if we draft Tannehill. I am not advocating losing or tanking and I am happy we beat the giants today but we are hurting our draft position and all that means to me is that we will have to trade up. Nonetheless, if we have to, so be it. trade up and get Barkley, RGIII or Luck. Anything less and we have completely crapped the bed.

This franchise has been looking for Mark Rypien's replacement for 20 seasons!! I will be ABSOLUTELY beside myself if we miss out on Griffin III or Barkley. This is a new NFL people, YOU NEED a talented QB to win in this league and compete every year. I'm not fooled by these late season wins.....we did this crap last year and I don't like to be teased with a 30 year old reject under center !

I don't want to hear anything about Tannenhill, Foles, or Cousins being plausible "2nd tier options". I want a FIRST tier option for the next 10+ years and I just hope this franchise makes it happen one way or another.

You can credit the two today by idiot playcalling from Kyle. He calls a bomb AGAINST THE WIND in the 1st quarter, and then .. he calls another bomb AGAINST THE WIND in the 1st quarter.
Who the threw the ball? That's right, Rex did. He's been doing this his whole career. But somehow, its Kyle's fault?

I think Riggo is posting against the wind here. The one was thrown too late and the other into triple coverage. I am almost 100% sure that Kyle does not say **** it your going deep no matter what the coverage. There is a reason Rex has the nicknames he has. That said I like the guy much better than Beck and he keeps fighting and trying.

---------- Post added December-18th-2011 at 09:01 PM ----------

Rypein wasn't a first tier option for ten years ...

And even then he was good for what, oh yeah a one year run. He needed a complete team around him to win that SB, evidence the Rams.

Our team winning today felt real good especially since it was the Giants, one of our key divisional opponents. Our defense played very well and Laundry did not play and both suspended players did not play. Our second teamers played inspired ball for sure. To beat the Giants in their own stadium is a good win. While sitting in a sports bar today I saw the Giants fans leave in the third quarter.

Our team winning today felt real good especially since it was the Giants, one of our key divisional opponents. Our defense played very well and Laundry did not play and both suspended players did not play. Our second teamers played inspired ball for sure. To beat the Giants in their own stadium is a good win. While sitting in a sports bar today I saw the Giants fans leave in the third quarter.

I listened to the radio feed. After the game, Doc Walker was commenting on how great it felt, to be standing in somebody else's EMPTY stadium.

And even then he was good for what, oh yeah a one year run. He needed a complete team around him to win that SB, evidence the Rams.

This is disgusting.

Mark Rypien took the Redskins 10-6, 10-6, 14-2, and 9-7 in four years and won at least 1 playoff game three years in a row.

It sickens me when Skins fans dis a Redskins legend and our last good long-term (4 years is long term) QB.

This is disgusting.

Mark Rypien took the Redskins 10-6, 10-6, 14-2, and 9-7 in four years and won at least 1 playoff game three years in a row.

It sickens me when Skins fans dis a Redskins legend and our last good long-term (4 years is long term) QB.

Oh, come on.

You're in a thread that was started, to try to get Redskins fans to NOT COMPLAIN about a dominating Redskins WIN.

And people are ARGUING with it.

And you're worried about historical accuracy?

:)

Hey, let's all stop playing GM for a second. They get paid the big bucks and you gotta trust them. Especially since you have exactly ZERO say in the matter. :)

WE BEAT THE GIANTS!!!! We swept their *****!!!! They've had our number for the better part of the past decade. I'm a happy Redskins fan.

The iant fans around me never said much. But when they did, i had something to cheer about soon after. Great game. No trent No davis No brown....still got it done and done well. Hail

The Browns loss hurt, hopefully they can win one of their last two. I'm wondering what you guys think the price will be if we drop to say, the 9th pick, if we want to trade up into the top 5?

Not too sure, but may not be as steep as some think, especially if it's with a team that's not QB needy. But if we get our guy, and he becomes the face of the franchise and is a complete bad ***, then who cares what it costs? (within reason, of course.)

Today's game, for all intents and purposes...was a BLOWOUT. The Skins were never close to not being in control of this one.

Speaking of whining, I've heard Skins fans ****ing for YEARS about how even when we win, it's never easy.

Well, here ya go guys.

And against a first place division rival no less!!!!!

Someone remind me the last time we had a win this dominating...I'm sure it's been 5 years.

I think Riggo is posting against the wind here. The one was thrown too late and the other into triple coverage. I am almost 100% sure that Kyle does not say **** it your going deep no matter what the coverage. There is a reason Rex has the nicknames he has. That said I like the guy much better than Beck and he keeps fighting and trying

The other thing here is the 1st INT was also partly on Moss. He didn't sell the route well at all & the DB didn't bite on his move to the inside & stayed with him. Had he made that move to the inside more believable, he might've lost the DB & been right in stride with the pass, making the very 1st play of the game a long TD strike. Instead, his move to the inside was weak & he never convinced the DB that he wasn't going for a deep ball.

I know it's easy to always blame the QB for mistakes, especially ours & especially when those mistakes are listed as his (ie. INTs always go on the QB stats, not the WR for bad hands, tips, or being in the wrong place), but there are many times when, in timing routes like that one, the QB has to trust that the WR is where he should be when the ball is thrown. That is not always the case. This, as far as I could tell, was one of those cases.

The iant fans around me never said much. But when they did, i had something to cheer about soon after. Great game. No trent No davis No brown....still got it done and done well. Hail
Reminds me of all the excuses about how the Giants starters were out. Redskins lost their starters and was in control of the entire game.

I was there and it was awesome. Crazy Levi is right, we had total control! It was so nice to be at a game and RELAX because they were in complete control. I cant remember the last time that happened. Its been at least 4 or 5 years.

That must have been fun. I was at the Giants game last season watching McNabb launch passes into the turf and it totally sucked. I will say the Giants fans took it really easy on me and I didn't find it too unpleasant. The Giants fans were better behaved at the Meadowlands than they ever are when they beat us at Fed Ex.

Except they didn't beat us at Fed EX this season ****es!!!!

Love it. Glad you represented today. Meet other Skins fans there?

We have a great showing by our younger players and sweep the Giants for the first time in over a decade and people still whine.

Here's a tip folks: you don't have a crystal ball. You have no idea what's going to happen in April. You don't know who the teams are going to draft and you don't know who's going to pan out in the NFL. Quit your belly aching and enjoy the victory. The draft will bring whatever the draft will bring. That's out of our hands. Beating New York is always a reason to celebrate.

We have a great showing by our younger players and sweep the Giants for the first time in over a decade and people still whine.

Here's a tip folks: you don't have a crystal ball. You have no idea what's going to happen in April. You don't know who the teams are going to draft and you don't know who's going to pan out in the NFL. Quit your belly aching and enjoy the victory. The draft will bring whatever the draft will bring. That's out of our hands. Beating New York is always a reason to celebrate.

THANK YOU! Exactly right.

There really is no such thing as a guarantee when it comes to a player coming out. You never know which teams are going to trade picks or which players teams covet. Quarterbacks are about as likely to be a franchise guy at #4 or #5 as they are in the 20's. Do I want RGIII? Absolutely, but it's not sure we'd get him anyway nor is it a guarantee that he could stay healthy or that he would pan out. You play the game to win and you let the chips fall where they may.

I loved beating the hell out of the Giants today and it's a huge positive for these younger guys to establish themselves and win some games to get excited about next year and get some of the attitude back that the team had at the beginning of the season. That chemistry was great and it will go along way to have another successful offseason complemented with that kind of a collective attitude throughout the locker room and coaching staff. We will find a way to make sure we come away with the QB we want/need.

Finally, I hope Devin Thomas is ok, always kinda liked the kid. He's been a bust, but he seemed like a good enough guy and you always hate to see guys get hurt.

Who the threw the ball? That's right, Rex did. He's been doing this his whole career. But somehow, its Kyle's fault?

You're the GM. You call in whatever experienced QB you want. Whom do YOU call? I'll be waiting since you're obviously the expert about quarterbacks on Extremeskins.

And yes. Kyle called the same play twice within a few short minutes against the wind, against a team that wasn't giving up the long ball. Dumb!

Forget drafting Barkley or RG3 for a minute. This has been a tough season. We only have 5 wins. We could very well end up matching last year's win total of 6 wins. But then again, the Redskins might end up beating Philly if Grossman plays better than he did against Philly the first time.

This season has been very tough. The season sweep of the New York Giants makes it all worth while.

I really want to see us win out. It would be even better if we beat philly and they were in a position to make the playoffs. Beating Philly would defeat a lot of demons this team has going into next year.

Yeah, hurting our draft position by knocking Philly out of the playoffs would really suck. :)

You're the GM. You call in whatever experienced QB you want. Whom do YOU call? I'll be waiting since you're obviously the expert about quarterbacks on Extremeskins.

And yes. Kyle called the same play twice within a few short minutes against the wind, against a team that wasn't giving up the long ball. Dumb!

Are you really finding a way to criticize Kyle after that game? Or the Patriots game? Seriously?

Archived