Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

No whining about the fact we won please!

Burgold

Glad for Helu who got his hundred. Glad for Hall who got to come back a little. Glad for the organization. Yes, the victory won't get us in the playoffs or get us closer to a mythical qb pick,

but dagnabbit...

WE WON

We beat a crazy PI call that had the announcers cursing... a truly bizarre non grounding call, and despite announcers that were openly rooting for the super-heroic Jackson... ones that couldn't understand how holding was not called against Orakpo...

So, let's revel in a victory tip a glass and sing Hail to the Redskins

Hail to the Redskins!

Hail Victory!

Braves on the Warpath!

Fight for old D.C.!

Run or pass and score -- we want a lot more!

Beat 'em, Swamp 'em,

Touchdown! -- Let the points soar!

Fight on, fight on 'Til you have won

Sons of Wash-ing-ton. Rah!, Rah!, Rah!

Hail to the Redskins!

Hail Victory!

Braves on the Warpath!

Fight for old D.C.!

We won a meaningless game in a season where we have no hope of going to the playoffs!

:excited::excited::excited::excited::excited::excited::excited::excited:

We're moving away from the top of the draft so we won't be able to draft as great of a prospect to fix our utterly broken team, BUT WE WON!!!! :excited::excited::excited::excited::excited::excited::excited::excited::excited::excited::excited::excited:

We won a meaningless game in a season where we have no hope of going to the playoffs!

We're moving away from the top of the draft so we won't be able to draft as great of a prospect to fix our utterly broken team, BUT WE WON!!!! :excited::excited::excited::excited::excited::excited::excited::excited::excited::excited::excited::excited:

Or maybe...

Our rookies are growing and maturing... we have some players we can build with! Kerrigan got another sack at the most meaningful part of the game. Helu's first start netted more than 100 yards. Hurt played a respectable game at guard! Armstrong bounced back with a fantastic reception after suffering injuries and a sophmore slump most of the year.

See, it's all a matter of perspective.

that will not be the last time the redskins win this season

the jets suck pretty hard and I would not be at all surprised if the redskins upset them next week

say what you will but the offense has been very effective at moving the football the past two weeks and the team will come home decently healthy for next weeks game

then the minn game is imminently winnable as well and the iggles will be playing for nothing the last week of the season

6-10 seems about right

LMAO.

If we could start a win streak and beat good teams and show we're becoming good with the players we got, winning would be sweet. Otherwise... yeah (points above)

We weren't going to lose 12 in a row. At some point you win even if it's by sheer randomness unless your team is just complete trash like the Colts or the 08 Lions.

Most likely we'll finish 5-11. That's still plenty good enough to get a top pick. Other bad teams will win a game or two as well. In the end, we'll still be in position to get a franchise QB.

We weren't going to lose 12 in a row. At some point you win even if it's by sheer randomness unless your team is just complete trash like the Colts or the 08 Lions.

Most likely we'll finish 5-11. That's still plenty good enough to get a top pick. Other bad teams will win a game or two as well. In the end, we'll still be in position to get a franchise QB.

Whatcha got to understand is that they would rather have Ryan Leaf, Akili Smith, and Heath Shuler (all top five picks) than Big Ben, Aaron Rogers, Dan Marino, Joe Montana, or Tom Brady.

WOO!!

I'm happy. I'm a Redskins fan and I like seeing them win. **** rooting for this team to lose. The offseason isn't here yet. I'll worry about what the FO does in the draft when we get there. For now, we just won despite our best efforts to lose - a dropped pick-6, a phantom PI call, a touchdown wiped out by a penalty, two untimely INTs, a blocked field goal, a blocked extra point...we tried our hardest to lose, but we won!

Chastise me for being a "bad fan" all you want, but I'm a fan who likes seeing the Redskins win. Crazy, I know.

Glad for Helu who got his hundred. Glad for Hall who got to come back a little. Glad for the organization. Yes, the victory won't get us in the playoffs or get us closer to a mythical qb pick,

but dagnabbit...

WE WON

Hail to the Redskins!

Hail Victory!

Braves on the Warpath!

Fight for old D.C.!

AMEN, brothers!

As for those who are "boooing"....y'all make me sick

you know...at the end of the day...it doesnt matter if you want to the team to lose out because they are professionals and they will be trying to win every game in the coming weeks. We are fans...we have NO say in what happens to this team. We are supposed to cheer when the team wins and cry when they lose. That is OUR job. No matter how much you want the team to intentionally tank...the **** IS NOT happening. Even if they suck, they are professionals and wins will happen because they do not give an eighth of a **** about draft position. It is pointless to actively root against your team IMO.

This team will play hard to close out the year and a win or two might eek out...and you know what?

There ain't **** you can do about it because that is what they are paid to do.

We desperately need a QB...Yes

But it won't come from wussing out and tanking games

sorry guys :)

Whatcha got to understand is that they would rather have Ryan Leaf, Akili Smith, and Heath Shuler (all top five picks) than Big Ben, Aaron Rogers, Dan Marino, Joe Montana, or Tom Brady.

I don't understand the point you're trying to make. Who is "they"? Our FO? Redskins fans?

Y'know... I am happy for Helu, Kerrigan, Hurt, and all the other young pups that won. Happy for the offensive players who will be hear next year who have more reason to believe in the scheme. Happy that for once an all out blitz worked in crunch time (though they still make me :paranoid:

---------- Post added November-27th-2011 at 07:58 PM ----------

I don't understand the point you're trying to make. Who is "they"? Our FO? Redskins fans?

The whiners who are so desperate for us to lose that they are actively booing wins now. It's really an unhealthy perversion of fandom. I believe they love their team, our team, but egads!

I don't think it matters where we draft because I see no evidence that this coaching staff can pick QBs and no evidence that this franchise can scout them.

Winning or losing this season stopped meaning anything at some point prior to this game. I'm finding it hard to care about the outcome as much as I am seeing Helu have some success. Plus Anthony Armstrong had a big play so hopefully Shanahan can let him out of the dog house. I'm happy about that.

Archived