Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

HuffPo: UC Davis Police Pepper-Spray Seated Students In Occupy Dispute (VIDEO) (UPDATES)

Larry

I would love to have sprayed those LOSERS ! Occupy a job!:ols:
If you have to ask why....your eyes should be burning.
the fact that ur name is visionary is funny!
ur right im sorry?
u dont get it? go away and get a job LOSER! or get ur ASS kicked.
Trolling? I have been here longer than u???
fishing with more than one hook?

Yes. Trolling. But I noticed in your user notes that the last time you got a month ban, I wrote a suggestion that the next time you "even sneezed" you'd be punted for good. This was quite the sneeze. :ols:Gesundheit ban-dershoot! :D

Usually I'm a little sorry when I boot someone who's been around as long as you, but as I became familiar with your posting history the last time you were banned, I felt only chagrin we hadn't noticed what a frequent dick you were before. Adios, assholio. Now you have more free time to look for that extra job you might need in the future.

Boy, I tell ya, musta done at least a dozen temp bans in the stadium today in the spirit of B2A. The hammer's getting battered.

But, Jumbo, what will we do without his insightful analysis in current affairs? He's like ES' David Brooks. :ols:

I eventually learned to not to give a rat's ass being concerned "for the board" about anyone I ever ban, because the truth is that no matter how you or anyone else (or any number of "anyones") views that member, almost no one (and rarely more than one) really cares after a day or three. :)

In a case like this, however, the most common reaction among those who notice at all is a little celebration.

I haven't even read or explored the topic and the other posts, really, but the thread will be a fond event for me as the area where we jettisoned another piece of rotting flotsam.

What's missing from this thread is what were they actually protesting.

As to LadySkinsFan, nobody was there with get out of vietnam signs ;)

I mean it was a bunch of knucklehead college students chanting nonsense and ignoring the request to move.

Can't say that pepper spray was the right thing, but if you want to protest nothing but chanting silliness at the police, well then be prepared for the consequences.

It's more than obeying authority, it's having a reason behind your protest, of which I can't see in any of the videos. Just a bunch of spoiled rich kids looking to be part of a party.

Could it be that they are protesting the takeover of our government by corporatists? Ya know, the 1%ers?

Spoiled rich kids, that's what they said during the protests of the Vietnam War. Well, I wasn't a spoiled rich kid, and not many of the rest of them were either. However, the men were subject to the draft. If I had been male, my draft number would have been 68 and in 1970 I would have been drafted, there weren't many deferments then.

Anything to get the corporations out of politics, anything to roll back Citizens United decision is what I am protesting for.

Could it be that they are protesting the takeover of our government by corporatists? Ya know, the 1%ers?

Spoiled rich kids, that's what they said during the protests of the Vietnam War. Well, I wasn't a spoiled rich kid, and not many of the rest of them were either. However, the men were subject to the draft. If I had been male, my draft number would have been 68 and in 1970 I would have been drafted, there weren't many deferments then.

Anything to get the corporations out of politics, anything to roll back Citizens United decision is what I am protesting for.

Yeah but as far as I can tell from Vietnam protests, it wasn't about taunting police and not displaying why.

Am I wrong to at least want to see what the protest is about, and not just nonsense chants?

It might help if they were displayed protests with a purpose, not just "our campus not yours". Surely the vietnam protests had more meat than that.

If I missed it, let me know.

When I marched in San Antonio, the signs I saw were about We the People, the 99%ers. I take that to mean tax policy, support for corporate inclusion in politics a la the Citizens United decision giving "personhood" to legal entities that are not living, breathing human beings. I've not watched this movement in depth, have depended upon others with eyewitness testimony to what was happening with agitators not aligned with OWS starting crap for a violent response from police, etc.

BTW, when violence starts, it is dangerous for all who happen to be in that place at that time. I think the police overstep, they are ramped up too and they have things they can use against protesters like pepper spray and tasers. I remember how shocked I was that the Ohio National Guard actually fired upon and killed and wounded those students at Kent State. That event has stayed with me all these years just like it was yesterday. I sing OHIO often when I sing karaoke, it's had that impact on my life. Everytime I participate in a protest I think about it and hope like heck that doesn't happen again. But I view unprovoked pepper spraying and tasering to be the same.

Yeah, as I've said before, I want to feel sympathetic toward OWS, but I don't really know what they're all about. Hell, I don't even know if they know what they're about.

If someone from OWS can give me a PowerPoint presentation or a ten point plan or something, then we'll talk. Right now, it just looks like a bunch of loose, ambiguous protests.

When I marched in San Antonio, the signs I saw were about We the People, the 99%ers. I take that to mean tax policy, support for corporate inclusion in politics a la the Citizens United decision giving "personhood" to legal entities that are not living, breathing human beings. I've not watched this movement in depth, have depended upon others with eyewitness testimony to what was happening with agitators not aligned with OWS starting crap for a violent response from police, etc.

BTW, when violence starts, it is dangerous for all who happen to be in that place at that time. I think the police overstep, they are ramped up too and they have things they can use against protesters like pepper spray and tasers. I remember how shocked I was that the Ohio National Guard actually fired upon and killed and wounded those students at Kent State. That event has stayed with me all these years just like it was yesterday. I sing OHIO often when I sing karaoke, it's had that impact on my life. Everytime I participate in a protest I think about it and hope like heck that doesn't happen again. But I view unprovoked pepper spraying and tasering to be the same.

I don't disagree. But if you are going to protest, show a reason. Not just, our campus not yours. It trivializes what those who protest for reason do.

They're certainly annoying in the video. Not sure pepper spray directly to the face was the right answer though.

you suggest spraying it on their shoes?

They were clearly warned repeatedly to simply move,pepper spray is actually below the threshold of picking them up and moving them.

waste of time and money,but they got time and we got money ....Party on.

I have been pepper sprayed, and I would think it was better than being physically moved :)

So you'd rather take a full face of police grade pepper spray than someone picking you up? Forgive me but if that's true then you've never been picked up if you think it is worse than getting nailed with that amount of pepper spray.

So you'd rather take a full face of police grade pepper spray than someone picking you up? Forgive me but if that's true then you've never been picked up if you think it is worse than getting nailed with that amount of pepper spray.

Neither is pleasant, but I wouldn't be dumb ass enough to be in either scenario. I got secondary pepper spray.

Standing in front of police, who you know will do something physically impairing is uhhh stupid.

There's a part of the American Physche that loathes authoritarianism.

Actually, there is a pretty well supported theory that the far right movement in the United States is almost entirely authoritarian in nature.

http://home.cc.umanitoba.ca/~altemey/

(please note that I said "far right" not "all conservatives" - not the same thing at all. Think Glen Beck listeners not David Brooks readers... :ols: )

You would have been fun to listen to in Selma during the 50's.

You know, I just knew you would take it as I was making an issue about race, and that's because you couldn't see past what you wanted to read to what I actually wrote. So have fun with that.

BTW, if you seriously think I was talking about race then wow some comprehension lessons might serve you well, but once you put aside your kneejerk reaction you'll see that I was talking about the tactics and NOT calling you a racist, but thanks for showing everyone your hypersensitivity on the issue.

ASF: You don't get to make a direct quote to me saying I would have loved to watch "bloody sunday" or would have stood there and enjoyed the show. You don't know me and you don't know what ive done to make such a racially charged comment. Knee Jerk is correct, I've done the right thing my entire life and won't have you point this act 'at me'.

Try a more general analogy next time please and not one that includes watching people killed.

I can tell that you've never been sprayed before if you think this is true.

What lasting harm does it do?....the risk of actual injury is greater in moving a passive subject

I've been sprayed,moved and subdued in my more foolish days

Try a more general analogy next time please and not one that includes watching people killed.

And THIS right here is the problem with knee jerk reactions like yours, you NEVER bothered to ask what I was talking about, because I was referencing the lunch counter sit-ins where the protesters "occupied" the segregated lunch counters, but YOU assumed the worst because YOU wanted too, that fault lies with YOU not me.

And THIS right here is the problem with knee jerk reactions like yours, you NEVER bothered to ask what I was talking about, because I was referencing the lunch counter sit-ins where the protesters "occupied" the segregated lunch counters, but YOU assumed the worst because YOU wanted too, that fault lies with YOU not me.

Ahh, You single me out as someone that would watch black people die and I'm the one that has the problem? Put me on ignore and stop respondig to my posts please. I don't think you understood your own reference.

Ahh, You single me out as someone that would watch black people die and I'm the one that has the problem? Put me on ignore and stop respondig to my posts please. I don't think you understood your own reference.

:rotflmao: :ols: Yeah that's what I said :ols: :rotflmao:

And I DO understand my reference and I was talking about the lunch counter sit-ins, but you NEVER bothered to ask, instead you decided without ever asking that I was calling you a racist who wanted to see people die. Fine job. BTW, since you have the peoblem me I suggest you ignore me. Especially since I NEVER did what you think I did, I suggest dialing back the over reaction.

And that's how our country got to this point.

A society who thinks that sitting on a sidewalk without permission justifies multiple assaults by an organized force carrying lethal weapons.

Curious what you think the cops should have done?

Allowed them to continue to break the law and ignore the authorities?

1) Observing, here.

This event happened on Friday. The thread started today. And after being commented on for a day, then our boards usual supporters of the police state show up, with a BS argument, and they're both making the same BS argument.

And they wonder where people get this idea that The Right gets their talking points delivered to them.

2) I'm wondering if the reactions would have been the same, if the video showed a police officer calmly, slowly, spraying the face of an armed Tea Party protester who had refused to comply with a police order to go put his gun in the car.

3) OTOH,

I do have to observe. I'm a big believer in the rule of "your right to swing your arm stops at the other guy's nose".

At least from out here in the cheap seats behind my computer, it does appear that perhaps the most identifying characteristic of "the Occupy movement", in fact it's defining characteristic, is that their method of protest is to occupy space. To take up room. To seize territory and to declare it to be theirs.

To make their presence known, by going out of their way to get in other people's way.

Am I right about that? Is part of their method of protest, to pick a place where they will be in people's way, and to obstruct other people? (And to do so for weeks or months?)

And, if so, then is that right?

---------- Post added November-21st-2011 at 09:23 AM ----------

Curious what you think the cops should have done?

Allowed them to continue to break the law and ignore the authorities?

Which law?

---------- Post added November-21st-2011 at 09:26 AM ----------

What lasting harm does it do?....the risk of actual injury is greater in moving a passive subject

I've been sprayed,moved and subdued in my more foolish days

Keep spinning. It's what you do best.

DSC04604.jpg

Archived