Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

HuffPo: UC Davis Police Pepper-Spray Seated Students In Occupy Dispute (VIDEO) (UPDATES)

Larry

After watching a long clip I have no problem with the pepper spray use

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8Uj1cV97XQ&feature=player_embedded#!

blocking the walkway despite repeated warnings is not a good idea,they got what they wanted.

What's missing from this thread is what were they actually protesting.

As to LadySkinsFan, nobody was there with get out of vietnam signs ;)

I mean it was a bunch of knucklehead college students chanting nonsense and ignoring the request to move.

Can't say that pepper spray was the right thing, but if you want to protest nothing but chanting silliness at the police, well then be prepared for the consequences.

It's more than obeying authority, it's having a reason behind your protest, of which I can't see in any of the videos. Just a bunch of spoiled rich kids looking to be part of a party.

This is great PR for Occupy. Sure, the cops' actions were probably in some way "justified," but no matter how you spin it, nonviolent, unarmed, unthreatening kids got sprayed with no clear threat in sight.

Pretty much. This is the worst thing the anti-OWS crowd could do. This will drum up sympathy for OWS and the "Establishment" will look that much more unattractive to folks who are on the fence about the whole thing.

This is great PR for Occupy. Sure, the cops' actions were probably in some way "justified," but no matter how you spin it, nonviolent, unarmed, unthreatening kids got sprayed with no clear threat in sight.

The use of force these days is about preventing a threatening situation and coercing behavior. If they don't move where you want them to, spray them. If they don't cooperate electrocute them. Modern day hoses and night sticks.

The sad part is occupy is at least right about where attention should be. Every "smart" person out there thinks its all about Washington.

u dont get it? go away and get a job LOSER! or get ur ASS kicked.

No, I don't think *you* get it.

I'm on the record as someone who's ambivalent, even leaning toward hostile, toward OWS. This might be the worst thing to happen to those students, but it's probably the best thing to happen to the movement.

There's a part of the American Physche that loathes authoritarianism. Americans, at our heart, hate the big guy that picks on the little guy. We forget it sometimes, but as a nation it is still there. This nation was founded on the idea of the little guy standing up to overbearing, authoritarian regimes.

Now, do I think these OWS folks are modern day minutemen? Absolutely not, but whether or not you're on board with OWS, if you look at this objectively, it's plain to see this will not look good on the police or the 1%

Isn't the procedure for such protests that the police simply move in and carry off the passive protesters? I've seen that arrest scenario countless times in DC and elsewhere over the years. There was no need that I saw for the pepper spray in that situation.

Trolling? I have been here longer than u???

And amazingly, you haven't grown up yet.

I know you think you're being clever, but you come off as intellectually and emotionally stunted.

Hardly surprising, given your usual contribution.

~Bang

Archived