Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

GameDay Thread: Week 7

ACW

Was thinking the same thing. There's no doubt he is the most valuable player in the NFL.

I think it's a bit more complex. The Colts are manufactured SPECIFICALLY for that turf they play on. They often put a lot of pressure on opponents to match them scoring, this is where their defense, which is undersized but fast, puts pass rush pressure on opposing offenses. Also, look at how often their top picks go to offense. They basically keep trying to add talent there, high and low, actually. This deprives the defense of top picks...basically, the Colts, unlike other teams with top QBs, have decided to take an unbalanced approach to building their team.

This is why other teams, even the Saints maybe, can look better than the Colts do. Other teams actually decided to like, build complete rosters.

I also think that the Pats were lucky the year Cassell took over. They still had a strong roster and pretty decent defense. Were they to lose Brady now, or the Saints to lose Brees, I think you'd see almost as bad a drop off. The Patriots are pretty bad on defense now, so it wouldn't surprise me to see them look almost as bad.

....so whitout Manning the D# totally shows no ability to stop anything? This team has way more problemes then Manning and his injury. We saw it last year, that they strugeled by times. I think this team is over the hill.

They suck from the punter, blocking, running, D# to the coaching, nothing is working at this point. Points per game: 15.9 D#: 32.1 Tell me how can you give up around 2 as many point you score? Bad bad bad football.

Even if Peyton doesnt take a snap this year he should still win the MVP. Wow what a difference one person makes.

Peyton is a huge part, but not THAT big. Peyton doesn't play defense. Those guys QUIT and should be ashamed of themselves.

....so whitout Manning the D# totally shows no ability to stop anything? This team has way more problemes then Manning and his injury. We saw it last year, that they strugeled by times. I think this team is over the hill.

They suck from the punter, blocking, running, D# to the coaching, nothing is working at this point. Points per game: 15.9 D#: 32.1 Tell me how can you give up around 2 as many point you score? Bad bad bad football.

It is really bad. It makes you wonder if they were ever really any good or if they succeeded because they were rarely on the field.

The Colts are an embarrassment. They can draft Luck if they want to, but they have issues all over the damn place. Polian would do himself wonders if he got off his ass and shoped the 1st pick in order to get a very sweet deal in return, to drastically improve his ****ty team.If I'm Luck, the last place I want to go to is Indy.

The Colts are an embarrassment. They can draft Luck if they want to, but they have issues all over the damn place. Polian would do himself wonders if he got off his ass and shoped the 1st pick in order to get a very sweet deal in return, to drastically improve his ****ty team.If I'm Luck, the last place I want to go to is Indy.

This is what I have been saying all season. Andrew Luck may be an AMAZING NFL QB but that team has been good because of Manning. He is a once in a lifetime player and no matter how good Luck is he is not going to be your Head Coach and OC on the field. The chances of a second QB like that are close to zero. They need to completely rebuild that team and have a new philosophy. It would be smart for them to trade back to get a few more picks and get the second or third best QB in the upcoming draft.

This is what I have been saying all season. Andrew Luck may be an AMAZING NFL QB but that team has been good because of Manning. He is a once in a lifetime player and no matter how good Luck is he is not going to be your Head Coach and OC on the field. The chances of a second QB like that are close to zero. They need to completely rebuild that team and have a new philosophy. It would be smart for them to trade back to get a few more picks and get the second or third best QB in the upcoming draft.

I also think that because of the overall complexity of their offense, they have been somewhat hamstrung in their ability to get quality players.

Peyton Manning should win MVP this year. It is clear that he is more valuable to the Colts than probably any other player is to their team.

I hope this will end the Brady vs. Manning arguments. The Pats went 11-5 without Tom Brady and the Colts will be lucky to get to 5-11.

I hope this will end the Brady vs. Manning arguments. The Pats went 11-5 without Tom Brady and the Colts will be lucky to get to 5-11.

Those are two completely different scenarios. The '07 Pats went 16-0 in the regular season, and had a 5 game dropoff the next year. They had a great defense, and a solid running game in '08Now, they have a terrible defense, and have to score a lot in order to win. Without Brady, the Pats of this year are probably a bad team as well.

Those are two completely different scenarios. The '07 Pats went 16-0 in the regular season, and had a 5 game dropoff the next year. They had a great defense, and a solid running game in '08Now, they have a terrible defense, and have to score a lot in order to win. Without Brady, the Pats of this year are probably a bad team as well.

That was my point exactly. Besides, you can be most valuable but not the best. If Indy is retarded enough to ignore (to a large degree) defense, or base is strictly on a synergy with their offense, then that's on them. No way Ryan Mallett comes in this year and does anything of note (though he is probably better than Painter.) Not with that wretched defense.

Besides I've said for years that Drew Brees has more of a claim than Manning. Sure, Manning has been given the reigns and is smart enough to be the coach, but Brees has the highest completion percentage in passes over 20 yards, threw for over 5,000, has done it with injuries and turnover to his guys too and has them contending every year. If Brees gets hurt, I'm pretty sure Saints would suck but they are a more balanced team, talent-wise and on defense (kinda lol) and they would probably fare better than Indy has.

Go Rice, go Ravens D/ST.

---------- Post added October-24th-2011 at 07:52 PM ----------

Oh, and how many other teams have a top player in each level of defense like the Ravens?

D-line=Haloti Ngata

Linebackers=Ray Lewis (and Terrell Suggs is pretty damn good himself)

Secondary=Ed Reed

Archived