Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

GameDay Thread: Week 7

ACW

How is that not intentional grounding on Flacco after the two minute warning. It's amazing what pretty boy QBs get away with, even on the road. Rex wouldn't.

I'm not positive on this, but I think that if you asked any woman on the planet, they would NOT describe Flacco as a "pretty boy QB". :ols:

I knew his hair was long, but I didn't realize it was that long.

What do you think about Gabbert's progess so far? I can't remember which side of the Gabbert Fence you were on last spring.

I was very much on the pro-Gabbert side of that particularly high fence. :ols:

Still am, although its a shame that he was pressed into duty so soon. I REALLY wanted to see him go to a team that could afford to give him the Rodgers treatment, sitting the bench at least 2 years, possibly 3. I thought he compared pretty well to Rodgers as a prospect, actually. I thought the Jags were a pretty decent landing spot for just that reason, with Garrard. Who knew he'd screw up his back and suck it up so much, so quickly. I think its very bad for Gabbert to be on the field so soon, but I still believe in him.

Its also bad for him that he'll probably be dealing with a new regime sooner rather than later. Sad, that right away he'll need to learn a new offense. Hopefully its a more dynamic offense, at least.

Has there ever been a MNF schedule this bad? Jeeeeze. Horrible.

Week 1: Sep. 12, 7:00 PM, New England Patriots at Miami Dolphins

Week 1: Sep. 12, 10:15 PM, Oakland Raiders at Denver Broncos

Week 2: Sep. 19, 8:30 PM, St. Louis Rams at New York Giants

Week 3: Sep. 26, 8:30 PM, Washington Redskins at Dallas Cowboys

Week 4: Oct. 3, 8:30 PM, Indianapolis Colts at Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Week 5: Oct. 10, 8:30 PM, Chicago Bears at Detroit Lions

Week 6: Oct. 17, 8:30 PM, Miami Dolphins at New York Jets

Week 7: Oct. 24, 8:30 PM, Baltimore Ravens at Jacksonville Jaguars

I was very much on the pro-Gabbert side of that particularly high fence. :ols:

Still am, although its a shame that he was pressed into duty so soon. I REALLY wanted to see him go to a team that could afford to give him the Rodgers treatment, sitting the bench at least 2 years, possibly 3. I thought he compared pretty well to Rodgers as a prospect, actually. I thought the Jags were a pretty decent landing spot for just that reason, with Garrard. Who knew he'd screw up his back and suck it up so much, so quickly. I think its very bad for Gabbert to be on the field so soon, but I still believe in him.

Its also bad for him that he'll probably be dealing with a new regime sooner rather than later. Sad, that right away he'll need to learn a new offense. Hopefully its a more dynamic offense, at least.

Yeah, he looks like the game is moving a little too fast for him right now. There are some guys that can start Day 1, and some guys that will benefit a lot more by being slowly worked in. It's also unfortunate for Ponder that he's being thrown out there so early. But I don't wanna get started on a McNabb rant :ols:

I guess you could say I was on the con-Gabbert side, but I guess I wasn't necessarily against the idea that Gabbert would be good, but mostly that I didn't think he was the QB for us. I know he is plenty mobile and capable of running the boot and what-not, but I think he's much more suited for a shotgun favored system, using short passes as the run-game (much like Rodgers as you compared him too).

I can. NOT. Believe this. I am in an Eliminator Challenge with a friend of mine on ESPN. It's supposed to be a suicide pool, where you pick one winner a week, but you can only pick each team once for the whole season. I have lost 2 weeks in a row, so I THOUGHT going with Baltimore this week would be a safe bet. :doh:

:twitch:

This is why I don't play fantasy football.

Archived