Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Walking Dead Season 7 --Discuss material from the Walking Dead and Talking Dead TV shows ONLY.

steveo21

On "Talking Dead", the actor IronE (T-dog) had the most emotional "send-off" segment (from him and the fans/cast) I've seen yet, and Sarah (Lori) said she knew when her character got pregnant it was going to be a death sentence. Must have been hard to keep the secrets since they even try to hide stuff from the cast until the last minute.

IronE said he got one of the riot shied from the prison props with all the cast and crew signatures on it. The showed him receiving it on the set. They have an entire cast/crew (inc. all show execs/writers) "death dinner" for every character that gets offed. Several times now I've seen all sorts of people connect to that series say that for all you hear about many shows becoming "family", this one has been out of the ordinary in that regard. I think it shows. Even some of the non-zombie extras who are on the show briefly seem to bond (like prisoner who got machete in the head).

Also very interested to see what happens now with Carol.

I agree about the dude who turned on the alarms. We heard blood-curdling screams for a good 10 seconds after Rick locked him out...I thought for sure he was walker bbq.

I agree Skinz4life, I thought that was a lot of death for one episode as well. It's crazy how things change from one show to the next. The group was safe and secure in the prison...they were planning to setup shop for the long run, eventually to plant vegetables and live there for a while. Hershel was alive, they had medical supplies for Lori's baby...

And last night, they lost 2 people, and now have a needy, crying baby. And Rick, their fearless leader who has always been strong for them, collapsed in despair. Moral might've hit an all-time low at the end of last night's episode :ols:

On "Talking Dead", the actor IronE (T-dog) had the most emotional "send-off" segment (from him and the fans/cast) I've seen yet, and Sarah (Lori) said she knew when her character got pregnant it was going to be a death sentence. Must have been hard to keep the secrets since they even try to hide stuff from the cast until the last minute.

IronE said he got one of the riot shied from the prison props with all the cast and crew signatures on it. The showed him receiving it on the set. They have an entire cast/crew (inc. all show execs/writers) "death dinner" for every character that gets offed. Several times now I've seen all sorts of people connect to that series say that for all you hear about many shows becoming "family", this one has been out of the ordinary in that regard. I think it shows. Even some of the non-zombie extras who are on the show briefly seem to bond (like prisoner who got machete in the head).

Also very interested to see what happens now with Carol.

Twitter BLEW UP when T-Dog got bit. I honestly couldn't believe it myself. Was very upset to see him go. Makes you wonder how much longer the series is going to last? Especially with Lori dying as well. I'm thinking 2, maybe 3 more seasons MAX for TWD. Unless they start bringing in completely new cast members.

Twitter BLEW UP when T-Dog got bit. I honestly couldn't believe it myself. Was very upset to see him go. Makes you wonder how much longer the series is going to last? Especially with Lori dying as well. I'm thinking 2, maybe 3 more seasons MAX for TWD. Unless they start bringing in completely new cast members.

The lead writer and one of the execs said they see 7 or more seasons, as far as plot development goes.

Who the hell was planting that slaughtered animal and subsequently opening that gate.

And, was the black prisoner that surprised Rick in that room with the generators the guy that he locked outside in that little corridor full of walkers? I thought we had heard him screaming and there was no escape...

I thought for sure Andrew was dead when Rick locked him outside but it turns out it would have been fairly easy for him to escape. (no idea why he was screaming...scared I guess)

Someone on Roamers and Lurkers posted a pretty cool photo of the yard that Andrew was locked in. You can see another door he can run through to escape. Also, there is a fence with not much barbed wire on it that he can climb.

Scroll about halfway down this thread:

http://www.roamersandlurkers.com/topic/6115-the-walking-dead-season-3-ep-4-killer-within-review/page__st__100

(its page 5, post 110 if the link mis-directs you. Its a non-spoiler thread too)

Random thought, when T-Dog died....why didn't he turn into a zombie? Rick and the group found him but they didn't shoot him or anything. His corpse was just sitting there and they just looked at him.

Oh yeah, I was wondering that too.

Maybe his head was already torn up too much.

Oh yeah, I was wondering that too.

Maybe his head was already torn up too much.

that's what i'm thinking. he was literally eaten alive, and those two zombies that killed him were sitting there feasting on him for a good 30 minutes. might not have been enough of him left to reanimate :(

That sparks another random thought...how much will the zombies eat? is their appetite ever satisfied? like, if those two zombies that were eating T-Dog weren't interrputed, would they just keep eating and eating??

that's what i'm thinking. he was literally eaten alive, and those two zombies that killed him were sitting there feasting on him for a good 30 minutes. might not have been enough of him left to reanimate :(

That sparks another random thought...how much will the zombies eat? is their appetite ever satisfied? like, if those two zombies that were eating T-Dog weren't interrputed, would they just keep eating and eating??

From what I know about zombies is they have no off switch. They can't get tired, they can't feel pain, they can't get full, and they won't stop until something stops them.

---------- Post added November-5th-2012 at 08:24 PM ----------

The lead writer and one of the execs said they see 7 or more seasons, as far as plot development goes.

I know we are not really suppose to talk about the comic books, but we are maybe in between issues 25 -35 and the comic is up to a 104 issues and counting. There is still plenty of source material and Kirkman has said he sees no end to the comic book series. 7 or more season I think would be very easy to achieve.

Man, I guess they kill one black guy but substitute another? Is his name gonna be D-Money or something?

Apparently people on facebook/twitter are calling him 2-Dog.

You just knew T-Dog was going to get killed once he started becoming important and was getting more lines.

As for the length of the show, if it continues to loosely follow the comics, the show could go on for 20 seasons. The show moves at a snails pace in comparison to the comic.

From what I know about zombies is they have no off switch. They can't get tired, they can't feel pain, they can't get full, and they won't stop until something stops them..

or distracts them,but you had the ones feeding on the deer that left it for a different piece of meat....did I miss a reason why?

From what I know about zombies is they have no off switch. They can't get tired, they can't feel pain, they can't get full, and they won't stop until something stops them.

---------- Post added November-5th-2012 at 08:24 PM ----------

I know we are not really suppose to talk about the comic books, but we are maybe in between issues 25 -35 and the comic is up to a 104 issues and counting. There is still plenty of source material and Kirkman has said he sees no end to the comic book series. 7 or more season I think would be very easy to achieve.

It doesn't make sense. Zombies don't poop. they don't metabolize or digest this stuff they just basically "live" to chew on stuff? Which prob. just oozes out there non-functioning bowels?

They need to create a series that puts Zombies through the scientific method. I know scientists and the power grid didn't survive but still. I expect more.

or distracts them,but you had the ones feeding on the deer that left it for a different piece of meat....did I miss a reason why?

No, I had the same thought watching that scene. Didn't make sense why the zombies got up and moved to a different piece.

No, I had the same thought watching that scene. Didn't make sense why the zombies got up and moved to a different piece.

they do seem inclined/driven to move ,perhaps that explains it?...the scene did seem off

Just going to geek a bit...but sometimes it's fun figuring out an answer that fits on your own in such situations (until you find out otherwise "officially")...having seen this "zombie behavior" in more than one incarnation of the theme...I imagined there might be a survival imperative that prioritizes the chasing and bringing down of "game" over pausing to leisurely (if sloppily) consume...it could be of different intensity (the drive) individual to individual (as such are in any specie)..and may also be subject to group dynamics (i.e. several are feeding...but one takes after another food source and draws a couple feeders with it etc)...so maybe their survival mechanisms include that directive to take down everything they see first (some grabbing a bite or two, some remaining to feed, some just biting, bringing it down and moving on to the next potential target) and then any of them can always return to each kill and feed...that would explain everything logically...it even allows for preferences of "game"...like animals being second to humans..so you're gnawing away on deer but then smell/hear people...off ya go!

That episode was probably the craziest. I was still expecting that baby to be a gosh dern zombie! I told my girlfriend "Thank god that baby wasn't a zombie! I would be mind = blown right now if it was."

Man, I guess they kill one black guy but substitute another? Is his name gonna be D-Money or something?

I have to admit the stillborn baby zombie thing didn't even cross my mind until Lori brought it up in the show. My mind was blown right then and I fully expected it to happen. Then again I was also expecting Michonne was brought in to be T-Dog's love interest so my future seein' skillz evidently aren't so good these days.

Agreed! Here we are 3 seasons in, and the black guy is actually getting some lines. Hell, Rick even asked T-Dawg for his opinion last night, a first.

Only to be eaten alive 8 minutes later :ols:

To quote a line from a KRS-1 song "'Cause from Jesus Christ to right now, Every time a black man speaks up, KA-POW!" :)

This one bothered me too but for a different reason. I thought it was established that the walkers only eat living meat...or did I just miss something somewhere?

Well the scientist who works with the Governor had some interesting theories/observations. I too hope more scientific progress is made in regards to the zombies. I love the show but it'll get stagnant fast if it's just go here, get attacked by zombies, escape, rinse and repeat.

On a similar note, if zombies simply eat to eat and devour whats in their path unless killed or distracted, then wouldnt 95% of peopel attacked by zombies end up like t-dog?

Like, how are there so many walkers with minor looking injuries. Did the zombies simply scratch them and take 1 bite, then walk away?

Perhaps that's why most of the people attacked aren't consumed like T-Dog was. If the instinct is to attack new targets as soon as any become available it would leave dead, but most whole, victims which would then rise and shamble about looking to do the same.

---------- Post added November-6th-2012 at 12:53 PM ----------

You just knew T-Dog was going to get killed once he started becoming important and was getting more lines.

The NBA season started and Memphis needed him back.

tumblr_maf9k41o5d1qk4a0ho1_500.jpg

In many ways the show has little to do with the zombies. They're primarily there as a catalyst for character development and for occasional action scenes. IMO one of the coolest things about this show is that it reminds me of a show idea I pitched in one of my broadcasting courses back when I was an undergrad. My premise was that all shows up until that time always featured the lead protagonist surviving whatever ordeal was at hand for the week. My idea was that occasionally the protagonist and/or other central characters should actually get killed off from time to time to restore true suspense. My instructor liked the concept but felt that it wouldn't work for a variety of reasons....and now here we have the idea actually working. I love it when a plan comes together. :)

What will be interesting is to see how the makeup of the group changes over time, how newb's are incorporated into the group, etc.

Archived