Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Walking Dead Season 7 --Discuss material from the Walking Dead and Talking Dead TV shows ONLY.

steveo21

General question about spoilers...

If the episode that we are all talking about has already aired, is anything we discuss that happened in said episode considered a spoiler?

Why on earth would anybody who hasn't seen last night's episode click on this thread, knowing most folks are talking about it???

If the episode has aired or it was on Talking Dead it's fair game, keep the comics or any unaired series info out.

Lori and T-Dog are dead. The actors did pressers as a send off for their characters and their time on the show. The actresses who played Carol was not part of the presser, so she is probably still alive.

http://blogs.ajc.com/radio-tv-talk/2012/11/06/irone-singleton-grateful-for-time-on-the-walking-dead-as-t-dog-sarah-wayne-callies-expected-and-wanted-her-character-lori-to-die/?icid=buzzlink

Smokescreen! :ols:

I mean, there was no time lapse. Rick went in there immediately after Carl and Maggie came out. Timespan would be like 1 hour from when they came out, and when Rick found the room. No way a walker could devour Lori, bones (skull) and all, in less than 1 hour. Just seems like weak writing...guess we'll have to wait until next week!

Smokescreen! :ols:

I mean, there was no time lapse. Rick went in there immediately after Carl and Maggie came out. Timespan would be like 1 hour from when they came out, and when Rick found the room. No way a walker could devour Lori, bones (skull) and all, in less than 1 hour. Just seems like weak writing...guess we'll have to wait until next week!

yea if we are just left to assume that walker ate lori entirely, that kind of sucks given the time lapse that you mention. why not just show lori dead or come back as a walker?

Lori and T-Dog are dead. The actors did pressers as a send off for their characters and their time on the show. The actresses who played Carol was not part of the presser, so she is probably still alive.

http://blogs.ajc.com/radio-tv-talk/2012/11/06/irone-singleton-grateful-for-time-on-the-walking-dead-as-t-dog-sarah-wayne-callies-expected-and-wanted-her-character-lori-to-die/?icid=buzzlink

I unintentionally read something, but will hold it back, even though it's the kind of thin many people can just figure out. It would still be a confirming or denying of a matter unresolved, and it would be coming from a source other than the TV show or Talking Dead, so it's a spoiler and off limits. But after last weeks "transitional episode" (which I thought was still pretty eventful) I expect some big things are coming in the next few weeks just on my own analysis..

I think Carol is alive. T-Dogg sacrificing himself for her, only to have her killed anyway would suck.

I was thinking that Lori being alive was a little far fetched but some of you guys are making some interesting points. If they hadn't gone out of the way to show Carol practicing stitching up the walker in the courtyard then I'd probably say nah but I'm starting to think it's possible.

We shall see.

I avoid this thread like... well, zombies... until I see the most recent episode.

The comics haven't spoiled anything for me! The tv show follows the general arc of the story while moving certain stories around to stay fresh. I like how this season has gone so far, especially with the Governor storyline.

yea if we are just left to assume that walker ate lori entirely, that kind of sucks given the time lapse that you mention. why not just show lori dead or come back as a walker?

I don't think they've ever had a walker eat an entire corpse before. They usually leave a stripped carcass behind and the amount of gore left around it is significant. That room had no body and the stuff on the floor seemed like what was left after the amateur surgery and bullet to the head. I thought someone took the body.

I also think they went too far with Rick's little freak out and the other group members seem to have accepted his total descent into madness a little too easily. Rick goes bananas and runs into a zombie filled prison to blow off some steam and it's just boys being boys? They've all lost people close to them. It's odd that the group is so forgiving because you'd think that at the very least he'd lose his spot as leader over it.

I don't think they've ever had a walker eat an entire corpse before. They usually leave a stripped carcass behind and the amount of gore left around it is significant. That room had no body and the stuff on the floor seemed like what was left after the amateur surgery and bullet to the head. I thought someone took the body.

I also think they went too far with Rick's little freak out and the other group members seem to have accepted his total descent into madness a little too easily. Rick goes bananas and runs into a zombie filled prison to blow off some steam and it's just boys being boys? They've all lost people close to them. It's odd that the group is so forgiving because you'd think that at the very least he'd lose his spot as leader over it.

Well also keep in mind that Rick finding out about his wife's death only happened within the same day - I'm guessing about an hour or so. It's totally reasonable to assume Rick is still battling some crazy emotions - knowing his son had to shoot his wife in the head would take a toll on anybody. I think Rick was stabbing that bloated zombie's stomach in frustration, despair and is now beginning to grieve.

And yeah, remember the hanging walker? all the flesh eaten, no bones.

I like how this season has gone so far, especially with the Governor storyline.

Two things about the potential future. As the show "Revolution" recently extended it's post-apocalyptic world, showing there's a lot more going on than just isolated individuals/smaller groups, Monrovia, and rebels in play, so too do I expect to see extensions in the scope of survival communities in future seasons of WD (as the concluding scene of the last episode indicated).

Seeing them take a little from WWZ themes would not surprise me.

Also, related to themes I'm discussing in the other zombie thread, I expect to see interesting ground in the nature of zombies--more depth in "personality" and cognitive abilities---as has already been hinted in several scenes over the seasons. And maybe some of it really new (the matter has been touched on in other movies) to the genre, at least in terms of the themes degree of development.

I have some problems. 1. Whatever happened to the person who was watching Carol while she was practicing sewing up the female zombie two episodes ago? 2. How come T Dog didn't turn into a zombie? He got killed by the other zombies but the crew only walked by him. We never saw him get a bullet. 3. The whole time lapse with Lori being eaten completely. They say that the directors put dark hair around the zombie to show that we were supposed to notice this.

These are random occurrences that I have problems with. Walking Dead is cool, but this is why Breaking Bad is better. Can anyone answer my first two questions? Do we assume that they killed T Dog later?

I have some problems. 1. Whatever happened to the person who was watching Carol while she was practicing sewing up the female zombie two episodes ago? 2. How come T Dog didn't turn into a zombie? He got killed by the other zombies but the crew only walked by him. We never saw him get a bullet. 3. The whole time lapse with Lori being eaten completely. They say that the directors put dark hair around the zombie to show that we were supposed to notice this.

These are random occurrences that I have problems with. Walking Dead is cool, but this is why Breaking Bad is better. Can anyone answer my first two questions? Do we assume that they killed T Dog later?

1. I assume that was the third prisoner, the one who set off the alarm

2. They other zombies ate him. Some people die and have enough left to change over, some people appear to be eaten enough that they can't "come back"

3. I'm not sure what the question is here

I'll try my best to hit on these.

1.) I think it was confirmed in an interview that the person who was watching Carol was the prisoner Andrew, who opened the gates letting all the zombies in and who later got shot. They really built this whole mystery person up only to give it no explanation in the show. Poor writing or there was a scene cut or something.

2.) I dont think there was enough remains to reanimate. He was just a hump of bones and a little bit of meat by the time the group found him.

3.) Total fail on the writer or directors part. We've never seen zombies eat the bones and and skull of its victim before. Why start now? And if so why lead us to believe that one zombie did it in less then an hour?

There's hopefully going to come a point where the story line of the tv show and the story line of the comic book will no longer be comparable... until then, it's difficult to discuss the show when you kinda know what's coming. There's so many different angles the currently season 3 story lines can go and I want to discuss them so badly... but it's all spoiler. :(

All I can say is... they're doing a fantastic job so far keeping this season a guessing game for the comic book fans. Most of the content is familiar but in a different order and twisted around thru different characters. So even though one knows what is to come, no one knows which character will execute the story line.

There's hopefully going to come a point where the story line of the tv show and the story line of the comic book will no longer be comparable... until then, it's difficult to discuss the show when you kinda know what's coming. There's so many different angles the currently season 3 story lines can go and I want to discuss them so badly... but it's all spoiler. :(

All I can say is... they're doing a fantastic job so far keeping this season a guessing game for the comic book fans. Most of the content is familiar but in a different order and twisted around thru different characters. So even though one knows what is to come, no one knows which character will execute the story line.

In my opinion I already think they're barely comparable. The farm and the prison appear in both but different things happen at each place than in the comics. There's so many original characters that are unique to the show. While most characters are in both, their backgrounds, motives, relationships and a whole bunch of things are changed. The writers of the show sometimes just throw in homages to the comics that relate to the characters. Example: The Governor and his wall of heads. I think the show writers are doing a good job at changing and freshening up the story because they realize that its hard to keep most of your audience on edge if they already know whats coming.

WOW

I didn't know this was here..........Sweet

I did NOT read the Comic book and I don't want to.

I hate Knowing the ending before it happens.

So my opinions may not make sense to those of you who have,but will to those of you who like me are just addicted and learning through watching.

The Governor was a HUGE DISAPPOINTMENT for me.

I knew he was Creepy and I expected something coming.

The Daughter who was a Walker?.............totally Cool.

The Celebration the Town was having that ended up being a STUPID fight between one man an another with Walkers?

Are you kidding me,this show has done so much with Drama and Suspense and that was what you came up with?

Watching a Cage Match with real fighting and UN-Chained Walkers?.......I'm all over that

You've now taken the Governor and all the Suspense that came with him and turned it into a MASSIVELY LOW BUDGET story that comes with all LOW BUDGET Movies before it.

HUGE DISAPPOINTMENT................If you haven't noticed.

Whats gonna happen next?

IDK

But I hope Rick snaps out of his current situation and comes back to reality.

He has become the next Shane if you ask me.

Seriously, (just my personal opinion--nothing else (at this point)---and not trying to be unpleasant) I wish people would just drop discussing the comics in this thread. They keep coming up, even if there are no spoiler directly mentioned, and I wonder if I'm the only non-comic follower who finds it annoying.

There's no reason for its continual mention at this point, given the very definite restrictions limiting any actual content in their arc being revealed.

Everyone obviously knows the comics exist by now, and if they're interested can seek them out.

And everyone gets they don't line up exactly with each other, so what the hell. :)

I have posted a dozen times, start a thread about the comic if you need to---just make sure you remember what thread you post what in and clue in your fellows.

There's really no good reason to keep talking about the comic in this thread, even just repeating (sometimes with detail) how it does or doesn't line up with the series. It does distract, and is annoying at times. Anyone else or is it just me? :)

What I love about the comic book is that it's printed on paper and every time you turn to a new page there's more story!

Yeah, I'm with you Jumbo. Even little innocent things sometimes can be give aways. It happened much worse in the Game of Thrones TV thread.

For now, I was willing to accept a popular view that I was maybe just being too "get off my lawn" on the matter, but I don't think so. And yes, the GOT thread is a good example of what can go bad, and people may note that a separate thread was started for the books. :)

I'd also like to thank daveakl for his reply. :D

Seriously, (just my personal opinion--nothing else (at this point)---and not trying to be unpleasant) I wish people would just drop discussing the comics in this thread. They keep coming up, even if there are no spoiler directly mentioned, and I wonder if I'm the only non-comic follower who finds it annoying.

You're not the only one who finds it annoying. Just shut the hell up already about the comic. One of my best friends has read all the comics that have come out and keeps asking me if I want to read them. I don't want to because I'm enjoying the show just fine.

There's no reason for its continual mention at this point, given the very definite restrictions limiting any actual content in their arc being revealed.

Everyone obviously knows the comics exist by now, and if they're interested can seek them out.

And everyone gets they don't line up exactly with each other, so what the hell. :)

I have posted a dozen times, start a thread about the comic if you need to---just make sure you remember what thread you post what in and clue in your fellows.

There's really no good reason to keep talking about the comic in this thread, even just repeating (sometimes with detail) how it does or doesn't line up with the series. It does distract, and is annoying at times. Anyone else or is it just me? :)

I think you'll find that many of the readers get slightly annoyed at the annoyance non-readers feel when source material is mentioned. :D TWD and other shows (ex: ASOIAF) are adapted from source material with extremely rabid fans and the comparisons are inevitable. Most readers want nothing more than to fill in the gaps and as long as the discussion remains spoiler free I fail to see the harm. What I'm really trying to say is you non-readers need to excercise the same level of patience that readers have with you all and your crackpot theories.....read the darn books you lazy ****s!

Btw...entire episodes of other shows used to be spoiled and people welcomed it. Take a look at the Sopranos and LOST threads sometime. I don't remember anyone having a problem back then.

blah blah blah :D

With friendly feisty-ness intended, at this juncture I will reject your stance decisively, and label your arguments "stupid." :pfft:

I proceed. :D

First, the thread is devoted to the TV series. That's it. The series. It's clear in the title. Now that's just the foundation, not part of the definitive arguments for exclusion.

Second, there is a very reasonable desire to avoid spoilers or info that messes with following the series for those purposefully avoiding the comics and it is the series and those following IT specifically that are the primary intended audience of the thread. Relatedly, it has been pointed out that given the restrictions (which do include more than just spoilers), there is no solid reason to mention other aspects of the comics. We all know they exists and are different in their arc.

It would understandably be distracting to most folks who are watching only the show, and participating in the thread, to read things that, even if they aren't typical spoilers, but portray very different story development that leaves you wondering about them in general, or if it will relate to the show down the road.

If I'm watching a movie that isn't over, I don't want a guy who read the book to keep chirping in about how it's different, repeatedly, or giving me details on those differences. I don't think most people would. ;)

Third, as had been suggested many times, and done previously with other similar matters (most recently GOT), anyone can start a properly-titled thread where all that can be done--i.e. with the main theme being the comic saga.

Fourth, it has nothing to with lazy. It has to do with wanting to enjoy this version, having come across it first, unsullied, and then at some later date go read the comics whenever desired (which I at least will certainly do).

Fifth, you last point is ill-informed (I am being nice here). A desire to avoid "spoilers" would hardly have become a widespread cultural theme if it wasn't such a popular concept. Kind of a "durrr" there. Also, in your lack of knowing, is the fact that there was no shortage of "problems" here and there if you read those threads you cited, and at various times (especially in more recent years) I have had my share of PMs complaining as well.

So some judiciousness and adaptation has followed, and I suggest it is more that you---poster of many weird opinions :evilg: :pfft:---lean in the less common direction. There is also just the fact that because something used to be done one way, and there seems an obviously better way to do it, doesn't mean you stick with the old way "just because." The separate thread approach let's everyone do what they want.

I think everything I just typed should be obvious without it needing to be explained, but I do get the geek desire to compare and contrast and on some things I sure would participate. That's why a choice for each makes most sense (if needed). And it's worked great. :) Much better from a mod viewpoint.

Archived