Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Walking Dead Season 7 --Discuss material from the Walking Dead and Talking Dead TV shows ONLY.

steveo21

Don't really agree with everything in this, but some on here might...

Spoilers if you haven't watched the finale yet

http://www.grantland.com/blog/hollywood-prospectus/post/_/id/45979/the-walking-dead-finale-recap-leaving-season-2-beside-the-dying-fire

Okay, I watch the show and like it a lot. I don't love it, but I watch it every week and enjoy it. But this article was absolutely hilarious.

My favorite two parts:

And what’s with the noise-attracts-zombies things anyway? Are we committed to that? Because, if so, it puts Sheriff Shane’s Camp for Unlimited Target Practice and Occasional Ladygropes in a different, markedly less intelligent light. (And it also suggests that maybe Daryl ought to consider a quieter conveyance, one that doesn’t announce his arrival 10 minutes before he actually arrives. Sure, a low-rider looks cooler than, say, a Nissan Leaf, but the Nissan Leaf also has doors.) Though I suppose all that wasting of ammo did have some purpose, as literally every survivor, including the elderly, the infirm, and the double-x-chromosome-having, is now capable of scoring direct-hit kill shots on moving targets, even when leaning out of speeding vehicles. It’s a useful skill, sure, but no more important than the other unshakeable truism on display: In a firefight, it’s best to surround yourselves at all times with uninteresting background players with as little backstory as possible. Jimmy and Mrs. Otis were such obvious goners they may as well have been wearing red shirts and “best if enjoyed by” freshness stickers. These weren’t characters, they were mystery meat.
And then there’s the Grimes family. Outside of the Kardashians, has there ever been a show built around a more noxious trio? About insufferable hat model Carl, little more needs be said. How many times can he be left unsupervised and still have it come across as accidental? It’s starting to remind me of the time I “forgot” to water an ugly plant for an entire summer. As for Lori, it appears the depth of her awfulness, like Bicycle Girl from the pilot, has no bottom. After Lady Macbething Rick into handling the Shane situation, she recoils from his confession as if he were trying to sneak The Human Centipede 2 into their Netflix queue, not defend his life.

I pray every episode that Carl and Lori are eaten by zombies. I hate Carl and his stupid ****ing hat. :ols:

I really hope Lori's baby dies in utero, then becomes a walker and somehow eats her from the inside out. That would be fitting for such a horrible character.

Oh man, that would be awesome. I was hoping she'd be eaten alive in front of Carl. But being eaten from the inside out would be even better.

Die, *****. Die!!

World War Z is great. It's one of the few original takes I've ever seen on zombies. I also think it is completely unfilmable.

Have you seen that wwz the movie is coming out this summer starring Brad Pitt? It probably won't be like the book because of all the different 1st hand accounts but I plan to see it regardless.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0816711/?mode=desktop

Have you seen that wwz the movie is coming out this summer starring Brad Pitt? It probably won't be like the book because of all the different 1st hand accounts but I plan to see it regardless.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0816711/?mode=desktop

I know Pitt is making it. I just don't know how you turn that book into a coherent film.

Then again, I didn't think they could make Moneyball into a movie, and it was great.

Before the Walking Dead came out, I kind of hope that HBO would buy World War Z and turn it into a weekly show. I thought it could work as a faux-documentary or a vignette type thing.

Have you seen that wwz the movie is coming out this summer starring Brad Pitt? It probably won't be like the book because of all the different 1st hand accounts but I plan to see it regardless

I will definitely be seeing this in theatres but I don't like the idea of a running zombie. I loved the Dawn of the Dead remake but would have loved it even more if it had the slow moving zombies.

I will definitely be seeing this in theatres but I don't like the idea of a running zombie. I loved the Dawn of the Dead remake but would have loved it even more if it had the slow moving zombies.

I don't know. 28 Days Later was very well done and had running zombies. Some of the more modern aggressive zombies are a little bit scarier than the Night of the Living Dead zombies.

I don't know. 28 Days Later was very well done and had running zombies. Some of the more modern aggressive zombies are a little bit scarier than the Night of the Living Dead zombies.

28 Days/Weeks weren't technically zombies. They were still alive but infected with the rage virus. I honestly find the slow moving zombies scarier, but to each their own.

28 Days/Weeks weren't technically zombies. They were still alive but infected with the rage virus. I honestly find the slow moving zombies scarier, but to each their own.

Then there are the [Rec] movies (the original Spanish versions). If you haven't seen those and don't mind reading subtitles I recommend that you do. Their is a slightly altered US version of the first, the sequel is completely different. Get the originals and experience, the demon zombie.

Then there are the [Rec] movies (the original Spanish versions). If you haven't seen those and don't mind reading subtitles I recommend that you do. Their is a slightly altered US version of the first, the sequel is completely different. Get the originals and experience, the demon zombie.

Saw them lol. Spanish version was my favorite but the US remake wasn't bad either. I have been a zombie freak since I was a kid. Still love me some Romero.

Something I have wondered watching the show, is how are there are so many zombies when most of that time someone is attacked they are eaten by the horde? You would think there would be almost nothing left. Or is the main population of zombies people who got bite once and got away or dead of natural causes and turned? It just seems in the show most everyone is consumed by the zombies when attacked.

Saw them lol. Spanish version was my favorite but the US remake wasn't bad either. I have been a zombie freak since I was a kid. Still love me some Romero.

The first remake, Quarantine, wasn't bad and stayed mostly on script with the original. The second one however went in a completely different direction. [REC]2 is still in the apartment building (and those demon babies are creepy as hell) but Quarantine 2 is set in an airplane. Not sure what the heck happened there.

The third installment should arrive in the US around September. Sadly they moved away from the found footage style and it's a prequel.

Archived