Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Walking Dead Season 7 --Discuss material from the Walking Dead and Talking Dead TV shows ONLY.

steveo21

^^i'm thinking it will be next Halloween just like the past two seasons.

i'm super excited for the Michonne character. I had read about her character somewhere else even though I haven't read any of the comics.

I still have doubts that the character will fit in the show, but they way they explained the character on Talking Dead, they made it sound like she has figured out how to survive in the zombie world and that this is an important turning point in the show. So it will definitely be interesting and I'll give the writers the benefit of the doubt that they can make this work

I have similar feelings about Rick's character. Rick was an indecisive and, at times, ineffective leader who looked to others for input and advice and, in just one episode, turned into a dictator. It seemed a little for strange for Rick to change so dramatically, although he did just kill his best frenemy and I suppose the virus could be affecting his personality.

The first thing I thought was, "Don't go all Matrixy/LOTR on me. Who is going to wear a cape? And a hood that obscures vision? And drag along two zombies who aren't muzzled?" But, I suppose I'll give the writers a few episodes to explain.

I loved the change in Rick. He has been trying to make everyone feel all warm and fuzzy and it has almost got everyone killed and as a result he had to kill his best friend. He just snapped.

As far as teh zombies who aren't muzzled...they don't need to be ;)

okay, i just now noticed but did those walkers on Michonne's leash have no jaws?

if that's the case, my guess is she's using them to mask the human scent. Either that, or she's a straight up gangster who has zombies as pets

Yea this is really clearly explained in the clip of the comic that someone posted earlier.

Yea this is really clearly explained in the clip of the comic that someone posted earlier.

the no jaw part? or what she is using the zombies for? i avoided reading any potential spoilers like the plague, but someone pointed out they didn't have jaws on another forum and that looks to be the case from what I could tell.

I can't wait for season 3. The writers have made it different from the comic which is enjoyable. I am really curious to see what new characters they introduce.

Like everyone else I hate Lori in the show and I hate her in the comics.

okay, i just now noticed but did those walkers on Michonne's leash have no jaws?

if that's the case, my guess is she's using them to mask the human scent. Either that, or she's a straight up bad ass mother ****er who has zombies as pets

Looked like they didn't have arms either...

Yes, the zombies that Michonne had with her had no lower jaws, and clearly they had no arms. They talked about it on the Talking Dead after the show. She's using the walkers in a similar fashion to the way Rick and Glen covered themselves with the walker guts.

And Michonnne isn't a "ninja warrior princess" just because she's wearing a hood and carrying a sword. My guess is she's much more like the rest of the group then most will think.....she's just particularly badass. Can't wait to see them expand on her, as well as the prison in Season 3.

the no jaw part? or what she is using the zombies for? i avoided reading any potential spoilers like the plague, but someone pointed out they didn't have jaws on another forum and that looks to be the case from what I could tell.

Both. The missing arms are addressed as well.

I don't think the comic bit really "spoils" anything. It's just a brief backstory about Michonne.

She's using the walkers in a similar fashion to the way Rick and Glen covered themselves with the walker guts.

What's interesting to me, judging from the few seconds we see M and the zombie pets, is that eventhough they have no arms or jaws, they aren't trying to maim/eat Michonne (or Andrea, for that matter). Seems like M has figured out a way to 'calm' them, or something...

I've been wondering about something. Can someone who has read the comics tell us if Hershel survived the farm? I truly believed Hershel was going to go down with the farm, so to speak. I thought the only way he was leaving the farm was in a box. It surprised me to see the writers keeping him around to season 3.

Did he wind up leaving the farm in the comic? If don't think this is a spoiler, but you may want to post it in ninja to avoid the wrath of Jumbo

I've been wondering about something. Can someone who has read the comics tell us if Hershel survived the farm? I truly believed Hershel was going to go down with the farm, so to speak. I thought the only way he was leaving the farm was in a box. It surprised me to see the writers keeping him around to season 3.

Did he wind up leaving the farm in the comic? If don't think this is a spoiler, but you may want to post it in ninja to avoid the wrath of Jumbo

Yes, he leaves the farm like everyone else.

What's interesting to me, judging from the few seconds we see M and the zombie pets, is that eventhough they have no arms or jaws, they aren't trying to maim/eat Michonne (or Andrea, for that matter). Seems like M has figured out a way to 'calm' them, or something...

The thing I immediately thought of was maybe she gauged their eyes out as well. Maybe they don't attack her because they can't see her.

On another note, the writers explained in Talking Dead, that they originally wrote the script having Herschel die. After deliberation, they wanted to keep him alive. I'm glad they did - he's turning into a badass!

I don't think it's so much that Michonne has a way to "calm" them or to "control" them. I think she simply cut off their lower jaws and arms, and after much travel and many futile attempts at trying to gnaw into Michonne, the zombies just sort of follow along with her seeing as they're chained. Maybe they're holding out hope that somehow they'll be able to get a piece of her....but i think they're sort of just captives and have no choice but to walk along serving their purpose of keeping other walkers away.

On another note, the writers explained in Talking Dead, that they originally wrote the script having Herschel die. After deliberation, they wanted to keep him alive. I'm glad they did - he's turning into a badass!

I've enjoyed seeing his transition. Ever since that moment at the bar it's like the light finally clicked in his head.

My biggest problem with him staying at the farm is that I don't think he would have given up any chance to continue protecting his daughters.

In the talking dead post scrip talk show, the execuitive producers were saying the hershel character was supposed to die instead of Dale a few episodes ago. Then was going to die on the farm in the season finale. He said he even told the actor who plays hershel that "tomorrow you die"... Then when the writters were trying to put together his death scene the producers weren't comfortable with it.

Said, it seemed "gratuitous". They decided they liked the character, and liked the actor and so he got to live into season three..... That talking dead show postscrip is almost as good as the actual show.

I don't think it's so much that Michonne has a way to "calm" them or to "control" them. I think she simply cut off their lower jaws and arms, and after much travel and many futile attempts at trying to gnaw into Michonne, the zombies just sort of follow along with her seeing as they're chained. Maybe they're holding out hope that somehow they'll be able to get a piece of her....but i think they're sort of just captives and have no choice but to walk along serving their purpose of keeping other walkers away.

The show has kind of turned a corner with the introduction of Michonne. Up until now all the characters have been searching for a way to survive, and basically disparing that they don't really have much of a chance. Michonne represents the first character who has really figured survival out.

Haven't read the comics so please no spoilers about this, but I am interested to see if they find anyone else at the prison. I can't imagine nobody else thought to hold up there. Have they never seen Resident Evil???

I'm hoping for Merle or Morgan.

They also mentioned 'Dwayne' on the Talking Dead. Who is that??

Archived