Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

PFT: Broncos puts Brandon Lloyd on the trading block

dsciambi

where is that guy who was arguing with me saying brandon lloyd is "elite"

you don't trade "elite" players for 3rd to 5th round picks.

hell you don't usually trade "elite" players at all.

there are exceptions,, Randy Moss to the Pats for a fourth comes to mind. For that matter Wes Welker for a 2nd, too. (Even though no one realized what he'd be except Bellicheck, it seems.)

I don't see Lloyd as elite. He has great hands and can be very good, but he's not tickling any hall of fame voters,, ,and in my mind, to be considered elite means that the Hall has come up for thought.

~Bang

there are exceptions,, Randy Moss to the Pats for a fourth comes to mind. For that matter Wes Welker for a 2nd, too. (Even though no one realized what he'd be except Bellicheck, it seems.)

I don't see Lloyd as elite. He has great hands and can be very good, but he's not tickling any hall of fame voters,, ,and in my mind, to be considered elite means that the Hall has come up for thought.

~Bang

Man Bang, we all should know that the Hall of Fame is some bull. I think an elite player is someone who could go to any team and perform at a high level...... Brandon Lloyd IS NOT, nor will he ever be, an elite player.

Agree with this. Without looking it up I know receiver D is Andre Johnson, Receiver E is Calvin Johnson and Receiver F is Santana Moss. Lloyd is either B or H

Well, the point wasn't to figure them out. It was to rank them without knowing, but alas, here goes.

How would you rank these receivers?

Receiver A: 370 receptions, 4467 yards, 15 TD, 12.07 YPR (9 years)

Receiver B: 260 receptions, 4101 yards, 26 TD, 15.77 YPR (9 years)

Receiver C: 285 receptions, 4374 yards, 26 TD, 15.34 YPR (8 years)

Receiver D: 698 receptions, 9516 yards, 52 TD, 13.63 YPR (9 years)

Receiver E: 299 receptions, 4642 yards, 42 TD, 15.52 YPR (5 years)

Receiver F: 614 receptions, 8804 yards, 54 TD, 14.33 YPR (11 years)

Receiver G: 324 receptions, 4715 yards, 24 TD, 14.6 YPR (12 years)

Receiver H: 300 receptions, 4481 yards, 32 TD, 14.9 YPR (9 years)

Those are 8 receivers. Split them into 4 tiers.

Tier 1, Tier 2, Tier 3, Tier 4. 1 being the best of the group.

A: Antwaan Randle El. He has more receptions, more yards, worse YPR and worse TD numbers than Brandon Lloyd in the same time span of a career.

B: Speaking of Lloyd, here he is.

C: None other than Michael Westbrook of Washington Redskin fame. He has more receptions, more yards, same amount of TDs and is damned close in YPR to Brandon Lloyd in one less season!. Westbrook = elite?

D: Andre Johnson. He is used to show a baseline for elite, which I don't believe Lloyd is.

E: Calvin Johnson. Another baseline for elite.

F: Santana Moss. Couple more years in the league than Lloyd, but, he has over 350 more receptions than Lloyd, over double the yards, over double the TDs and a YPR that's about a yard and a half less.

G: David Patten. Three more years in the league than Lloyd. His numbers are clearly worse than Lloyd's are. He was used to kind of round out the group.

H: Dante Stallworth. More receptions, more yards, more TDs and a YPR that is extremely close to Lloyd in the same amount of years. Donte Stallworth = elite?!?!

Basically, my point is that Brandon Lloyds career is reminiscient of Michael Westbrook, Donte Stallworth, and he has 110 less receptions and 350 or so less yards than Antwaan Randle El (Lloyd is clearly better in YPR and TD production, though.

Based on these numbers, if I was going to tier them it would be:

1: D, E

2: F, H

3: C, B

4: G, A

An elite receiver isn't in a dead heat with Michael Westbrook statistically.

I ~Bang

I wouldn't even give Belichick credit for Welker. Nobody knew he'd do what he's doing. He played in the Run and Shoot at Texas Tech, but he labored on Miami's bench for a while. We have a keeper league in Fantasy Football and even with all the stats he puts up every year, whoever had him, never keeps him and whoever picks him up (that would be me this year) reaps the benefits.

Man Bang, we all should know that the Hall of Fame is some bull. I think an elite player is someone who could go to any team and perform at a high level...... Brandon Lloyd IS NOT, nor will he ever be, an elite player.

Well, I don't think the HOF is bull.

I'd say the number of enshrinees who I could question I can count on one hand.

On another related note, if you've never been there, GO.

it's friggin' AWESOME. I've been twice, and it was great both times. I didn't go for any inductions, just went.

Last time I was there I took my son,, the walking sports encyclopedia. He was 13. While we were there one of the curators pulled a big lockbox out into the hallway, and just called everyone in earshot around.

He opened it, and inside were all sorts of things that had significance to certain historic games.. really cool stuff.

Anyway, to make a long story short.. he pulled out a coil of wire that was laid undcer Lambeau field before the Ice Bowl. It was supposed to warm the ground and keep it playable in the frigid temps. Anyway, they covered the field with a tarp all night, but the heating coil caused a lot of condensaation to build up under the tarp, which immediately froze the field when they pulled it off..

Again, to shorten the tale, the guy said "the Ice Bowl, played on...." and said the date of the game.

My son piped up and corrected him. He looked kind of strange for a second, and then after a second he said, "you know what, you're right."

He stopped us after the presentation and wanted to know my boy's name.. shook his hand and told him he must really love football.. he can't remember the last time a visitor knew someting he didn't.

Pretty cool!

FTR, I'd put my son up against that "stump the Schwab" guy ESPN used to have on. He might not win, but he'd damn sure give that guy a run for his money. He devours every book on sports he can get his hands on. Any sport. He started shocking me with his knowledge when he was about 7.. and I've since learned that when he says something about the hstory of any sport, trust it.. he's right.

(I guess this is one of the bennies of being raised by his dad.)

~Bang

Well, I don't think the HOF is bull.

I'd say the number of enshrinees who I could question I can count on one hand.

On another related note, if you've never been there, GO.

it's friggin' AWESOME. I've been twice, and it was great both times. I didn't go for any inductions, just went.

Last time I was there I took my son,, the walking sports encyclopedia. He was 13. While we were there one of the curators pulled a big lockbox out into the hallway, and just called everyone in earshot around.

He opened it, and inside were all sorts of things that had significance to certain historic games.. really cool stuff.

Anyway, to make a long story short.. he pulled out a coil of wire that was laid undcer Lambeau field before the Ice Bowl. It was supposed to warm the ground and keep it playable in the frigid temps. Anyway, they covered the field with a tarp all night, but the heating coil caused a lot of condensaation to build up under the tarp, which immediately froze the field when they pulled it off..

Again, to shorten the tale, the guy said "the Ice Bowl, played on...." and said the date of the game.

My son piped up and corrected him. He looked kind of strange for a second, and then after a second he said, "you know what, you're right."

He stopped us after the presentation and wanted to know my boy's name.. shook his hand and told him he must really love football.. he can't remember the last time a visitor knew someting he didn't.

Pretty cool!

FTR, I'd put my son up against that "stump the Schwab" guy ESPN used to have on. He might not win, but he'd damn sure give that guy a run for his money. He devours every book on sports he can get his hands on. Any sport. He started shocking me with his knowledge when he was about 7.. and I've since learned that when he says something about the hstory of any sport, trust it.. he's right.

(I guess this is one of the bennies of being raised by his dad.)

~Bang

Man that is cool to have a kid that knows that much about sports. I bet you and him had some good conversations over the years.

I was a little harsh with the Hall of Fame, I guess I still have some lingering feelings about Art Monk's situations. I do plan on going there one day.

---------- Post added October-16th-2011 at 08:02 AM ----------

Tier 1

WR D and E

Tier 2

WR F and B

Tier 3

WR H and C

Tier 4

WR G and A

Interesting that you put B (260 receptions, 4101 yards, 26 TD, 15.77 YPR (9 years)) over C (285 receptions, 4374 yards, 26 TD, 15.34 YPR (8 years)) and H (300 receptions, 4481 yards, 32 TD, 14.9 YPR (9 years))... PS: I'll reveal who each is later :)

Honestly, with them three being so close, I just used YPR as a tie-breaker.

After seeing the list, clearly the top three receivers were right. I stand by my rankings though even with the revealing of the players. Like I said, the tie-breaker between the three were YPC.

Broncos have traded B. Loydd to the Rams.....more to come on the details.

Dallas is rumored to have Tashard Choice on the trade blocks.....

i dont wanna see a rookie with that much on his plate. (Murry) as much as i like him, he is still a rookie, but with Felix Jones, almost never on the field and now an ankle sprain.....without TC, the Cowboys would have Murry and Tanner.....two rookies, one drafted, one not.

another o lineman is out fo9r the year too.....with a below avg line as it is, the cowboys wont be creating too many "large" running lanes for those young pups.

I sure hope Lloydd isn't ready for Sunday............i dont wanna face him. I want Dallas for the first time in a long time...to be able to blow the doors of a team.

Archived