Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

PFT: Broncos puts Brandon Lloyd on the trading block

dsciambi

He's an upper echelon receiver. He absolutely torched the Packers (130 + yards not including a 50 yarder called back for holding) & had a good game versus the Raiders as well. He's on pace for another 1,000 yard season with very erratic play from Orton and more of an emphasis on the run game by the coaching staff. He has had no problem gaining separation in the 2 games I've watched of theirs this season. People need to get over the past. Dude has grown up and is worth a short IF we're going to put him in a position to succeed.

How would you rank these receivers?

Receiver A: 370 receptions, 4467 yards, 15 TD, 12.07 YPR (9 years)

Receiver B: 260 receptions, 4101 yards, 26 TD, 15.77 YPR (9 years)

Receiver C: 285 receptions, 4374 yards, 26 TD, 15.34 YPR (8 years)

Receiver D: 698 receptions, 9516 yards, 52 TD, 13.63 YPR (9 years)

Receiver E: 299 receptions, 4642 yards, 42 TD, 15.52 YPR (5 years)

Receiver F: 614 receptions, 8804 yards, 54 TD, 14.33 YPR (11 years)

Receiver G: 324 receptions, 4715 yards, 24 TD, 14.6 YPR (12 years)

Receiver H: 300 receptions, 4481 yards, 32 TD, 14.9 YPR (9 years)

Those are 8 receivers. Split them into 4 tiers.

Tier 1, Tier 2, Tier 3, Tier 4. 1 being the best of the group.

He's an upper echelon receiver. He absolutely torched the Packers (130 + yards not including a 50 yarder called back for holding) & had a good game versus the Raiders as well. He's on pace for another 1,000 yard season with very erratic play from Orton and more of an emphasis on the run game by the coaching staff. He has had no problem gaining separation in the 2 games I've watched of theirs this season. People need to get over the past. Dude has grown up and is worth a short IF we're going to put him in a position to succeed.

While I agree he's not the same guy he was here I completely disagree that he is worth a shot. He's 30 which is just at the very end of typical receivers effective years. Not only that we have three young receivers that need to get as much opportunity as they can get going forward. Plus it would take some time for him to learn the offense and by the time he does the season will be almost over. And lastly, Denver isn't going to be giving him away. They are going to want something in return. No thanks. I would much rather see Terrence Austin in the game than for us to give up a higher draft pick for him.

Looks like they are giving an older guy a chance to go to a winner.

More so trying to capitalize on a guy who has peaked, and is trying to give themselves as much draft ammo possible to help their rebuild before the league realizes he's probably on the decline.

ok, I'll play...which one is Lloyd?

That ruins the fun!

---------- Post added October-14th-2011 at 11:23 AM ----------

:ols:

Tier 1

WR D and E

Tier 2

WR F and B

Tier 3

WR H and C

Tier 4

WR G and A

Interesting that you put B (260 receptions, 4101 yards, 26 TD, 15.77 YPR (9 years)) over C (285 receptions, 4374 yards, 26 TD, 15.34 YPR (8 years)) and H (300 receptions, 4481 yards, 32 TD, 14.9 YPR (9 years))... PS: I'll reveal who each is later :)

Brandon caught a lot of flack here, but the truth is, Brunell never looked his way. It was the Moss/Cooley show. If you look at Brunell's throwing tendencies (not just when Lloyd was here), he seldom favored the #2 guy.

I'd love for Lloyd to come back, but I don't think we need him. The price will be too high and we have quality WR depth that I'd love to develop.

That ruins the fun!

---------- Post added October-14th-2011 at 11:23 AM ----------

Interesting that you put B (260 receptions, 4101 yards, 26 TD, 15.77 YPR (9 years)) over C (285 receptions, 4374 yards, 26 TD, 15.34 YPR (8 years)) and H (300 receptions, 4481 yards, 32 TD, 14.9 YPR (9 years))... PS: I'll reveal who each is later :)

Honestly, with them three being so close, I just used YPR as a tie-breaker.

I would LOVE to trade for him, so we can BURY him on the depth chart and let him rot. The Broncos are trying to trade him and he's actually BEEN productive there, that should tell you something. The guy is a grade A D-bag.

I think that was even his short lived rap name.

THANK YOU! I knew I wasn't crazy and that I had actually read that, but I couldn't find the articles about it from when it happened. Do you have links? I remember reading all about it, but it seems like everybody comes up with one reason or another that is total garbage.
Nah, I don't have any articles, I'm just going off of what the discussion was around the time he was let go. That's pretty much the only reason he was let go. He and his DC at the time (forgetting his name now) were reportedly very tight. Mike was pretty much given an ultimatum, to either fire him or be fired. Thought everyone knew that story.

He was in the doghouse here for very, very shallow reasons. And, like the case with many of our past acquisitions, he simply wasn't used in a productive manner, in a way consistent with his strengths. He was arguably the best receiver we had on the roster at that time.

I wouldn't sign him right now to our squad, but he's done nothing but produce since he left here.

Anyone who says they would trade for him to get him here has the memory of a goldfish.

It's pretty common knowledge that Shanahan was fired because he wouldn't fire his own defensive coordinator.

Regardless.. sure turned out to be a great decision in hindsight, eh?

Pat Bowlen woke up one day and decided to kill his team (that was building just fine).

He's done a bang-up job of it. The Broncos are now a joke.

~Bang

---------- Post added October-14th-2011 at 05:36 PM ----------

He was in the doghouse here for very, very shallow reasons. And, like the case with many of our past acquisitions, he simply wasn't used in a productive manner, in a way consistent with his strengths. He was arguably the best receiver we had on the roster at that time.

I wouldn't sign him right now to our squad, but he's done nothing but produce since he left here.

Yeah, it's almost like he grew up and decided to take his career seriously or something.

~Bang

no, i dont want lloyd back here, though i think he is a very talented receiver who will probably fetch at least a 2nd rounder.

what's the motive behind this trade? my take is that lloyd has developed a great chemistry with orton and believes that orton should be the qb. i have heard that tebow is horrible in practice, to the point that the coaches cant get the gameplan across. this would further back up that lloyd wants orton at qb. i wouldnt be suprised if lloyd has been vocal/shown attitude about playing with tebow. this would fit the immature attitude that he had shown previously in his career. however, i think management agrees with lloyd, but have been handcuffed into starting tebow. they dont believe tebow will lead them anywhere and that lloyd will become a hindrance to the team, so they are trading him now while he has value.

Pay Bowlen woke up one day and decided to kill his team (that was building just fine).

and he's done a bang-up job of it.

~Bang

the broncos are in the running for most dysfunctional franchise. there have been a lot of mistakes made there overall, which seem to get overlooked.

He went to Chicago after he left here and did nothing. Then he sat on Denver's bench for a year.

He was into rapping and doing his god-awful radio show. He didn't care about being a real football player until last year.

Agreed. And Fox is okay, but collectively, the Broncos have one of the worst coaching staffs in the league. Success will be difficult out there.

Regardless.. sure turned out to be a great decision in hindsight, eh?

Pat Bowlen woke up one day and decided to kill his team (that was building just fine).

He's done a bang-up job of it. The Broncos are now a joke.

~Bang

Archived