Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

PFT: Broncos puts Brandon Lloyd on the trading block

dsciambi

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/10/13/broncos-puts-brandon-lloyd-on-the-trading-block/

I'm not sure if this is them realizing the guy has performed well above what he should and are trying to squeeze something out of him before he fizzles out, or if they've given up on their aspirations now that Tebow is starting? Or something else. Really seems strange.

Mike Klis of the Denver Post reports that the Broncos have been in talks with teams regarding wide receiver Brandon Lloyd. Klis says “three or four” teams are interested, with Carolina and Tennessee believed to be among them.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/10/13/broncos-puts-brandon-lloyd-on-the-trading-block/

I'm not sure if this is them realizing the guy has performed well above what he should and are trying to squeeze something out of him before he fizzles out, or if they've given up on their aspirations now that Tebow is starting? Or something else. Really seems strange.

maybe i shouldn't cut him from fantasy just yet.

Jeez.. what the hell happened to the Broncos that all they want to do is get rid of their most productive players?

Fired Shanny, hired a clown who ran their star QB out of town, trade Marshall for nothing, lose Hillis..

What a farce

~Bang

I want him.

Yeah, I said it. :)

If it was for like a 6th round pick, I'd want him, too.

Nothing more than that, though.

---------- Post added October-13th-2011 at 09:39 PM ----------

That is total yards and TDs in two years with the Redskins. TWO!!!! YEARS!!!

DIFFERENT!!!! SYSTEM!!!!

lol

I think we should bring him in for the right price. Before I go into why he could be a good fit i think we have to look at why he failed here in the first place. He was immature, not question. That being said, it was a lose lose situation. We had Brunell at QB and were not really an air it out team w/ Clinton and Betts runnign well, so why sign him and Randel El, then make Randel El the starter. That move alone pushed Lloyd down to 4th at best when it came to targets in the offense. It was either going to Moss, Cooley, Randel El, and if all the above were covered, it was going to be a check down. He had no chance to live up th the contract. That being said, he probably didn't do himself any favors with his practice habits and attitude. Since then though he looks humbled and w/o question has played to his potential for the broncos. We have possession guys in Moss and Gaffney, but Lloyd has #1 receiver potential and with how he has matured I think he could be a good fit.

30 and not top tier. Trade would get them what, a 5th round pick at best? They're better off keeping him. Then again he's had one good season EVER and he's not on pace to match it this season. Perhaps they think he's a one year wonder and they want to cash in.

30 and not top tier. Trade would get them what, a 5th round pick at best? They're better off keeping him. Then again he's had one good season EVER and he's not on pace to match it this season. Perhaps they think he's a one year wonder and they want to cash in.

He's an upper echelon receiver. He absolutely torched the Packers (130 + yards not including a 50 yarder called back for holding) & had a good game versus the Raiders as well. He's on pace for another 1,000 yard season with very erratic play from Orton and more of an emphasis on the run game by the coaching staff. He has had no problem gaining separation in the 2 games I've watched of theirs this season. People need to get over the past. Dude has grown up and is worth a short IF we're going to put him in a position to succeed.

Jeez.. what the hell happened to the Broncos that all they want to do is get rid of their most productive players?

Fired Shanny, hired a clown who ran their star QB out of town, trade Marshall for nothing, lose Hillis..

What a farce

~Bang

It's pretty common knowledge that Shanahan was fired because he wouldn't fire his own defensive coordinator.

---------- Post added October-14th-2011 at 02:22 AM ----------

Yeah, the Rams have nobody at receiver and they don't even have a reason to try to suck for luck, but they are going to suck either way I think.
Plus he played in college at Illinois, which isn't too far from St. Louis. Makes a lot of sense if you ask me. Plus the McDaniels factor.

It's pretty common knowledge that Shanahan was fired because he wouldn't fire his own defensive coordinator.
THANK YOU! I knew I wasn't crazy and that I had actually read that, but I couldn't find the articles about it from when it happened. Do you have links? I remember reading all about it, but it seems like everybody comes up with one reason or another that is total garbage.

DIFFERENT!!!! SYSTEM!!!!

lol

Come on Nick, I aint even trying to hear that. The bum didn't even try when he was here. He was Devin Thomas, before Devin Thomas. And then he had the nerve to say this:

Full story here

Lloyd was extremely thoughtful, humble and appreciative until near the end of the conference call when he admitted to taking some personal satisfaction in showing his previous teams in San Francisco, Washington and Chicago that they were mistaken about the type of receiver he could become.

Asked if he wanted to tell those three teams: ”told you so,” Lloyd said half-good naturedly, half-seriously: “”No, I want to say, ‘(Bleep) you.’ And I mean that in the most professional way.”

**** us??? **** us?!?!? No BLloyd **** You!!!

Archived