Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

American Horror Story (Spoilers Inside)

Destructis

I liked it, did not see Ben getting killed at least that soon. My only concern is it turned Beetlejuicey towards the end, but the baby was creepy.

When you say "beetlejuicey" I assume you mean the Harmons trying to scare the new occupants out of the house?

I have a question about Moira. She was killed in the house and was young. Living women in the house see her as old, men see her as young and seductive...as she was when she died. So why do ghosts see her as the old maid? My point in all this is...I want to see more young maid, not scraggly googley-eyes.

For some reason I thought last weeks show was the season finale. Which would have been a perfect way to end it. Last night wasn't badeven though it lightened up some with the new family. I liked that they fast forwarded a few years to get Tate Jr grown up a bit & evil.

For a show I wasn't sure I'd be able to get into, I have LOVED this show. Even got Jumbo hooked on it. :ols:

Yeah..I LOVED the show. But once you knew exactly who was dead and how they died it got kinda odd.

the Xmas tree scene was a little too much. How did they get the tree there anyway? Who is paying the electric bill? And btw -How come some of the spirits (like the family) can change their clothes but the maid, nurse and others are stuck wearing the same thing they died in forever?

Oh -and since the baby died at birth - does that mean they are stuck with a 1 day old forever? I love kids -but to be stuck with a 1 day old forever is kinda of hell....

For some reason I thought last weeks show was the season finale. Which would have been a perfect way to end it. Last night wasn't badeven though it lightened up some with the new family. I liked that they fast forwarded a few years to get Tate Jr grown up a bit & evil.

For a show I wasn't sure I'd be able to get into, I have LOVED this show. Even got Jumbo hooked on it. :ols:

You bet! We moderate ES---we ain't scared of no ghosts. :ols:

I had to watch the finale and the previous episode in reverse sequence, but liked it fine and the series to date ends (after a slow beginning) with definitely more praise from me than not.

It's kind of a mixture of real creativity also borrowing some elements of Lost, True Blood, and Dexter (especially now with the Child of the Damned--he even has that "Village OTD coloring).

Yeah..I LOVED the show. But once you knew exactly who was dead and how they died it got kinda odd.

the Xmas tree scene was a little too much. How did they get the tree there anyway? Who is paying the electric bill? And btw -How come some of the spirits (like the family) can change their clothes but the maid, nurse and others are stuck wearing the same thing they died in forever?

Oh -and since the baby died at birth - does that mean they are stuck with a 1 day old forever? I love kids -but to be stuck with a 1 day old forever is kinda of hell....

I'll assume clothing changes are simply the result of the will of the ghosts. Ben indicated he cut the tree down himself. So it probably came from the yard.

And yes, the baby will be a 1 day old forever.

You bet! We moderate ES---we ain't scared of no ghosts. :ols:

I had to watch the finale and the previous episode in reverse sequence, but liked it fine and the series to date ends (after a slow beginning) with definitely more praise from me than not.

It's kind of a mixture of real creativity also borrowing some elements of Lost, True Blood, and Dexter (especially now with the Child of the Damned--he even has that "Village OTD coloring).

Initially, I thought the story line was going to revolve around the frankensteined Thaddeaus. I like the direction they took the story in, but was hoping to have more of it.

I was hoping that the 2nd season would be a brand new story line. But if the second season has a lot of Jessica Lange, I'll be happy. She's simply fantastic on this show.

The little boy reminds me of a male verision of Carol Ann from Poltergeist. I think next season will be a war of sorts between the good and bad spirits in the house. Will Jessica Lange return the child to the house? Or now that she knows he's pure evil, does her resolve to keep him away grow stronger?

Maybe I'm alone but I thought the season finale was horrible.

I didn't think it was horrible, but I was certainly expecting more. I enjoyed the season as a whole and I'm interested to watch next season, I just wish they would've ended it more conclusively. I suppose it tied up almost every end, it just seemed to be abrupt and I expected some sort of full closure considering season 2 will have entirely different story,characters,setting, etc.

But considering everything, I enjoyed the season and am looking forward to what they cook up for next season. Apparently the plan is to do entirely different story lines for each season with different actors/characters (the creator said some actors are likely to return to play completely different characters, but none of the same characters will ever reappear in separate stories).

• 2 weeks later...
I didn't think it was horrible, but I was certainly expecting more. I enjoyed the season as a whole and I'm interested to watch next season, I just wish they would've ended it more conclusively. I suppose it tied up almost every end, it just seemed to be abrupt and I expected some sort of full closure considering season 2 will have entirely different story,characters,setting, etc.

But considering everything, I enjoyed the season and am looking forward to what they cook up for next season. Apparently the plan is to do entirely different story lines for each season with different actors/characters (the creator said some actors are likely to return to play completely different characters, but none of the same characters will ever reappear in separate stories).

Yeah the wife and i are hooked and both of us were a little confused after the finale. Like what the hell are they gonna do next year more than anything kind of confused.

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...

I'm frankly amazed this made it back for a second season. The very first episode out the gate for this show looks so promising. Every episode from then on out just got sillier and sillier. I occasionally started playing drinking games w/my wife on the rare occasion that we would watch it.

Just finished watching the first episode of Asylum. I definitely get the same "this show is weird as ****" vibe from this season. Not too sure if alien abductions are going to play a part in this season but if they do it will really dampen it for me. Jessica Lange is still as bad as ever though. Surely piqued my interest for next episode.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived