Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

American Horror Story (Spoilers Inside)

Destructis

I am.

wow- I didnt see season 1 but this is one craxy f'ing show. Aliens, Exocisms, Nazi War criminals, masked killers, monsters, nympho's, lesbians, sadist nuns... OMG it is NUTS and I love every second of it.

Jessica Lange is such a great actress.... Is it wrong that I think she is smoking hot in this role? I mean, evil but its way hot she has lingerie on under her nun's outfit.... and she was kind of a tramp...

Jessica Lange is such a great actress.... Is it wrong that I think she is smoking hot in this role? I mean, evil but its way hot she has lingerie on under her nun's outfit.... and she was kind of a tramp...

I wouldn't say you're wrong.

I'm definitely not about to put her in my personal celebrity top 5 or 10 or anything, but I'd say that it's very fair to objectively consider her as "sexy" in this role this season.

Which was clearly the point in creating this role for her - her inner struggle as a former lounge singer and sexpot, now as a nun trying to run away from her past and feeling guilty about the life she used to lead (and the murder she committed as a result of it).

For a 63 year old woman, she's carried this part really well.

I think I like this season a little better than season 1. It's picking up the pace which is good...I wasn't a huge fan in October. It's very creepy and the acting is great!

I thought Season 1 dragged on and on at times. I also thought that they jumped around too often between the different "monsters" or "paranormal" elements within the house. Between the neighbor next door, Jessice Lange randomly coming in and knowing everything that was going on, the S&M rubber guy, the basement creature, everyone dying and returning as ghosts, etc. It became too much.

They started this season pretty fast paced but they honed in on a few key narratives very quickly and it's been gravy since.

I think the writers just weren't sure of how the show would develop in the first season, and what kind of reaction it would have from its audience, which gave it more of a "flying by the seat of its pants" creative feel.

This season feels way more planned out from the start.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On a side note: this may have been addressed already in this thread, but a few episodes ago, didn't Jessica Lange literally bump into one of the aliens? At the end of the episode, the one where she got drunk and the inmates had to watch a movie?

Was that ever resolved in any way?

• 10 months later...

is this show REALLY still on?

I don't understand why you'd post this in a thread about the show. The obvious answer is "yes" since people are discussing it in here. In addition, you don't seem to care one way or another, so why bother?

I have never watched this show, but figured I would mention that some weird looking dude called "Pepper" who was/is on the show, is going to be at Darkwood Manor in Luray this weekend.

Pepper was a female, believe it or not. I don't know who played her though, maybe the actor is a guy.

Pepper was a female, believe it or not. I don't know who played her though, maybe the actor is a guy.

Holy ****. I saw this and thought there were two different people coming: Naomi Grossman and Pepper. That is amazing. She's actually pretty good-looking.

naomi2web.jpg

I liked very much... Jessica Lange is 64 and still hot as Lava... she is the sexiest granny on the planet.

Yes, I liked it. It just didn't have the scares (yet) that the first two seasons had. I remember being very tense watching the first couple episodes of seasons 1 and 2. I think this season may just be exploring horror in a different context. For example, the horror of how people are treated (accused witches, slaves, etc.).

I'm sure it will keep me entertained, I'm just not sure that it will be a white-knuckling experience like anytime they descended into the basement in season 1 or anytime they delved into Bloodyface in season 2.

So, it sounds like every season of this show is a totally new story. Is that how it works? If so, I like that concept.

Yeah, each season is a different story, but uses the same actors and actresses playing different characters most of the time, which I think is pretty cool.

Archived