Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Eagles play the stupidest brand of football I have ever witnessed

Westbrook36

You are not making sense. Of all the players on the defensive side of the ball, Nmandi is not the guy to be singling out. Again, I didn't see this game yet, but last week, Cruz didn't beat him. One play it was supposed to be Page that gave help, the other it was Coleman.

Nmandi is still solid. If you use him. Putting him zone the way Castillo is doing is flat out stupid. It's like buying an indy car and taking it on a dirt road. Put him in press coverage. Making him stay 7-10 yds off the ball is dumb. Expecting the average safeties to help him is even dumber.

I think his point, which is sound, is that no matter the coverage that is called, doesnt change the fact that he looks pathetic attempting to tackle. Poor tackling is not a result of the defensive coverage.

Wow. When WB36 is down on his team like this, you KNOW things are bad in Philly. :ols:

Amazing. The two NFC East teams that were hyped the most this offseason are imploding, while the two that were essentially cast aside (Giants and Redskins) are currently in NFC contention.

Only because he's being used incorrectly. What is the book on Asomughga? Use him in press coverage. Castillo isn't. SO a lot of times he's expecting safety help, and is isn't there. Now Assante? He's just playing bad, selfish football.

Coaches have to help out the players by using them properly... Nmandi now understands how Hall felt when he signed with the Raiders only to get burned in man coverage all day... Nmandi = man to man corner... Hall = more of zone, take risk corner...

Wow. When WB36 is down on his team like this, you KNOW things are bad in Philly. :ols:

Not really. This is how WB's seasons go. It's playing the part for Eagles fans.

Crazy thing is, I'm more worried about our upcoming Philly game than I was either the Giants or Cowboys. To me they're still the class of the division. Only thing I can hope is that they come out of Buffalo 1-4 and just kind of give up on their season when they play us.

You are not making sense. Of all the players on the defensive side of the ball, Nmandi is not the guy to be singling out. Again, I didn't see this game yet, but last week, Cruz didn't beat him. One play it was supposed to be Page that gave help, the other it was Coleman.

Nmandi is still solid. If you use him. Putting him zone the way Castillo is doing is flat out stupid. It's like buying an indy car and taking it on a dirt road. Put him in press coverage. Making him stay 7-10 yds off the ball is dumb. Expecting the average safeties to help him is even dumber.

Huh???? WTF are you talking about? How does "poor trackling" NOT make sense.

My point is he was the top FA and he hasn't played as advertised. Regardless of scheme.

Why would someone expect Nmandi to be some great tackler? Is Assante? No. ANd no one ever expects him to be. Nmandi has never been a great tackler. That doesn't mean he isn't possibly the best CB in the league. Or at least in the discussion with Revis.

And zoony... Buffalo will be a huge problem for them. Jason Peters unlikely to start, so that means King Dunlap at L tackle. Not good for Vick's health.

Not really. This is how WB's seasons go. It's playing the part for Eagles fans.

Crazy thing is, I'm more worried about our upcoming Philly game than I was either the Giants or Cowboys. To me they're still the class of the division. Only thing I can hope is that they come out of Buffalo 1-4 and just kind of give up on their season when they play us.

Man you have not seen our games then ( unless your going off the Rams game and the Falcons game to some degree) - This team as quoted by my Skins buddy yesterday " reminds me of the old Skins teams that had big hype - no heart.." Recipe for disaster. Skins will whip us in the 4th Quarter - guaranteed. This team cant put 4 quarters together to save its life. Juan Castillo puts his schemes on autopilot in the 4th quarter and teams get huge plays against us and then the O goes 3 and out or fumbles every game in the last 2 drives. As Marshall Faulk said - " Its a comedy of errors when the clock strikes 15 minutes and counting.."

If we beat you guys it will only prove my other post earlier last week - The NFCE is way overrated this year. We beat very bad to mediocre teams ( barely) and wont be able to even come close to beating the top 5 teams in the NFC - Lions, GB, Saints, Falcons or even TB - book it. This year will have a 10-6 or 9-7 team winning the Division and losing in first round.

Only because he's being used incorrectly. What is the book on Asomughga? Use him in press coverage. Castillo isn't. SO a lot of times he's expecting safety help, and is isn't there. Now Assante? He's just playing bad, selfish football.

I've never understood why offensive coordinators won't use the pump and go more often against Asante? He's always trying to jump the underneath route. I'd never throw underneath against him until he backed off.

I can't wait until the Eagles are great on defense and you guys just move on to the next argument like WELL THEY WON'T WIN A SUPERBOWL!!! and neglect that you made a big deal out of Castillo.
Where is tr1 and dock to talk about salary cap slight of hand by the Eagles and how these aren't real dollars. Cheap cheap Eagles. Offseason moves thus far:

Sign best OL coach in football.

Sign best DL coach in football.

Sign best DE FA.

Sign best CB FA.

Sign best QB FA.

Trade backup QB for 2nd round pick and DRC.

GOLD STANDARD.

The Eagles put up a 55 spot on the Skins the last time we played and walked away with the division before signing 4 ProBowlers this offseason. I love the enthusiasm and never say die attitude but you guys will start pushing "All In" for Andrew Luck around week 7.
WB36, everytime you come on here and talk smack, it bites right back.

Have your fun now, just be around when the crash comes.

It definitely struck me as strange what the Eagles did this past offseason. For 10+ years now they've been a model franchise. They drafted well and never spent money on big FAs, instead getting rid of guys just as they were becoming overvalued and replacing them with younger players who were just as good if not better. They did everything the right way. No they didn't win any Super Bowls but almost every year they were a legit threat.

Then after a lockout shortened offseason it was like Vinny Cerrato took over their FO. Millions spent on aging vets and neglecting the key parts of a team to address positions they didn't really need. I wonder what happened?

It's a long season though and I won't count them out yet. Still a lot of talent there and Andy Reid's record in November-December is still as good as anyone's.

Why would someone expect Nmandi to be some great tackler? Is Assante? No. ANd no one ever expects him to be. Nmandi has never been a great tackler. That doesn't mean he isn't possibly the best CB in the league. Or at least in the discussion with Revis.

Wasn't one of Asomugha's strengths his tackling in Oakland?

May Tony Romo sits to pee reign supreme in Dallas for the next 10 years. And may medical science find a way to keep Jerruh alive and kicking for EVER!

Hail.

And everyone said....

AMEN!

---------- Post added October-3rd-2011 at 05:57 PM ----------

(*If only the other teams would stop fooling the Cowpuke center into hiking the ball before their savior is ready for it. :silly: )

:ols: No that's just the Redskins, even tho the problem persists in all other games.

they seem to put up some points but then fall face down in second half. they still put up 101 points but they gave up 101 points as well. we have the best point difference in NFCE after 4 weeks. but we are yet to play some good teams so everything can change in second half of the season.

Take this thread. Replace the word Eagles with Cowboys...and you have....another crappy-ass thread.

**** Romo sits to pee.

haha.

This season has started wonderfully.

Us Skins fans should all know what's next though if things are still as they have been for over a decade.

The best way to describe the Eagles is stupid. The players do stupid things. The coaches take stupid approaches to coaching the game. They are undisciplined, have been smelling their own poop, thinking they are better than they really are.

They give up on defense; it is almost as if they have the attitude that if you are kind of driving on us a little bit, we should give you a TD because our offense is going to come right back and score a TD.

Castillo has no business being a defensive coordinator in the NFL. 8-8. They will probably rip off a few wins in a row to suck everyone back in before imploding again. Terrible.

So talking to Jim Johnson in between breaks doesnt qualify you to be a defensive coordinater?

It sucks to be an Eagle fan. Been there too many times. Now maybe you and everyone else will see that the front office isn't as good as everyone was raving about. The only reason that the Eagles owner went out and spent that much money was he was forced to. The new NFL labor agreement says you must spend X amount of dollars each year so he went shopping and not because he wanted to but he had to. That organization is known as a cheap organization because they stock all these talented guys through the draft pay them as little as possible and don't keep them around long enough to pay them a big pay out. DeSean Jackson is one that almost fell into that boat because if weren't for the new CBA he would be a FA next year and probably signing with some other team. The Eagles would have let him walk instead of paying him. Ask Brian Dawkins and so many of the other players that played there and see if they would have stayed if the new CBA was in place when they walked?

Archived