Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

SlashGear: Verizon 4G LTE Galaxy Nexus LAUNCHES

Sticksboi05

FWIW, I've always owned Apple products (mainly because of work) but my wife got a droid based phone and it's pretty awesome.

The main issue with Android phones is that they always have specific carrier pre-loaded crap on them. But this is a Google phone which means it's pure Android. That wrapped it up for me. Top-end technology + what should be a fantastic mobile OS + 4G LTE capability = best phone on the market.

http://www.uswitch.com/mobiles/news/2011/10/nexus_prime_to_sport_touch_sensitive_bezel/

A lucky Fandroid named Jacob Epstein, who was reportedly given a show and tell of the hitherto unannounced kit by a Google employee, has claimed that it will boast a ‘touch-sensitive bezel’ that will bring up on-screen buttons when tapped or swiped. A recent hands-on video of what was purported to be the Nexus Prime revealed it will do away with physical buttons in favour of on-screen ones.

The handset is also apparently thinner than the iPhone 4S, but unlike previous rumours, will not feature a metal casing but rather a ‘high-quality plastic’ that feels ‘futuristic’, whatever that means.

Also revealed is that the handset will come with a new web browser, most probably Google Chrome, with support for tabbed browsing and more responsive pinch-to-zoom gestures. Sweeping aside confusion over the snapper it might be packing, the source has claimed it will be an eight-megapixel number similar to the Galaxy S2 with dual LED flash.

The third Google-branded challenger will likely be unveiled officially on October 19th in Hong Kong. A Samsung spokesperson said last Friday: "We are unpacking our new Android phone in concurrence with Google.” 
Stay tuned as we bring you more on the Nexus Prime/Galaxy Nexus in the days to come. In the meantime, feast your eyes on our round-up of all the latest gen available on the hotly awaited kit.

Via:

Brief Mobile

The whole camera thing is sorta odd to me, personally. I just use my phone's camera to take random pictures if I'm out and see something funny or interesting. I don't think of it as something that needs to be an actual super quality camera because if I really want to do some more serious photography (or I think I might want to, depending on where I'll be) I'll just bring my Canon DSLR.

But thats just me.

Agreed, it's a phone. If you want high-quality pics, get an actual camera. Now, that said. I expect at least decent quality since it is 2011.

I agree too. People that are into photography are using their DSLR cameras and not their camera phones. My 8MP camera on my phone is plenty enough for me.

How much do you guys use the video capabilities on your phone compared to still photos? I don't use either much, but I guess I use slightly more still photos. I'd be satisfied with the camera from most phones these days, so I'm not really excited when they announce camera upgrades as key features a la iPhone 4s.

How much do you guys use the video capabilities on your phone compared to still photos? I don't use either much, but I guess I use slightly more still photos. I'd be satisfied with the camera from most phones these days, so I'm not really excited when they announce camera upgrades as key features a la iPhone 4s.

I hardly use either. The camera isn't a selling point for me since I rarely use it. Sure a nice camera can come in handy, but I don't buy a cell phone for the camera.

Released and leaked specs have been all over the map on this one. I'd suggest just waiting to see what it is; also megapixels don't necessary equate to a better camera. My guess would be if they went down in megapixels, they believe they went up in overall quality.

We take thousands of pictures on our phones...we have kids & it's not always practical to carry our camera around with us. Parties, etc it's just so much easier to use your phone. Particularly since the pictures come out pretty nice these days.

The screen is overkill, Who needs a 4.65 inch screen?

Nobody cares about this phone, it will be a flop.

The phone is only slightly bigger than my Bionic (4.3in screen). Physical buttons have been replaced with on-screen capacitive buttons to clear up real estate for a bigger screen.

Go check out the droid forums and tell me again how this phone is going to flop.

I will say, if those are the specs, the phone is still solid, but a letdown. The Nexus lineup should be pushing the limits, not conforming to the standards. And megapixels aren't the determining factor of a camera. The iPhone 4 had a superior camera to all the 8 megapixel Androids when it came out.

The phone is only slightly bigger than my Bionic (4.3in screen). Physical buttons have been replaced with on-screen capacitive buttons to clear up real estate for a bigger screen.

Go check out the droid forums and tell me again how this phone is going to flop.

Because nobody outside the geek world is going to buy one.

Archived