Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

SlashGear: Verizon 4G LTE Galaxy Nexus LAUNCHES

Sticksboi05

The "MAP" release from I think Droid Life shows November 10th.

---------- Post added October-26th-2011 at 10:49 AM ----------

Out of those, I think I'd go RAZR. Its supposed to be getting ICS too so that will be nice.

Yeah but it won't be vanilla Android, it will have Motorola nonsense on top of it.

Out of those, I think I'd go RAZR. Its supposed to be getting ICS too so that will be nice.

i keep reading about ICS...what is that?

also, my thing with the razr is it won't be running "Ice Cream Sandwich" (who the hell named it that anyways) and who knows how long it will take to get the update.

the nexus has a bigger screen too. i dont' know i'm kind of torn. i'll go screw around with a razr before i decide i guess

also, my thing with the razr is it won't be running "Ice Cream Sandwich" (who the hell named it that anyways) and who knows how long it will take to get the update.

the nexus has a bigger screen too. i dont' know i'm kind of torn. i'll go screw around with a razr before i decide i guess

Get the Nexus, better screen, vanilla Android, Android 4.0. The one big factor though, is if you need lots of memory. There is no microSD card clot in the Galaxy Nexus and there is in the Droid RAZR.

ICS is Ice Cream Sandwich, just easier to type ICS haha.

The RAZR won't come with ICS, but it will get the update for it.

I like the RAZR because its thin and with the kevlar and gorilla glass, it seems like it will be tough to break this phone.

In addition to having ICS from the start, the nexus will be the first to get updates pushed to it from google. So when the 4.1 update comes out, you'll get it right away without having to wait months for your carrier to figure out ways to make it suck.

To me that's not a big deal. If you root your phone, you don't have to worry about updates from the carrier and manufacturer. I've had Gingerbread on my HTC Thunderbolt for close to 2 months now. Today they released it officially for the Thunderbolt.

seriously though. gingerbread and ice cream sandwich? i want to know where these names came from? what about calling it android 4.0?

They're all named after desserts: Eclair, Froyo, Gingerbread, Honeycomb, and Ice Cream Sandwich.

I think its cool they put statues of them in front of the HQ

ics-statue.jpg

wow i feel stupid now haha

anyways, i heard there will be a 16gig and 32 gig galaxy nexus? thats lame there is no SD slot.

i'm just wondering if its going to be $400 for a 32 gig and $300 for a 16 gig

Nobody really knows the prices yet. As far as the memory, I'm pretty sure I read there will be a 16 and 32 gig Nexus. With the RAZR I believe you get 16 gigs as standard but it has an SD slot where you can put up to 32 extra gigs. To be honest, 32 gigs is a lot of memory so I don't see too much of a problem with the Nexus not having the SD card.

she is getting me an ipad. what is cloud technology?

i know android has cloud tech stuff but have no idea what it does. i need to educate myself on this stuff

It means you have all your stuff on a server that you can access from any device within the cloud (ie iPhone, iPad) or (Droid, Android tablet) wherever you are with Internet service.

It means you have all your stuff on a server that you can access from any device within the cloud (ie iPhone, iPad) or (Droid, Android tablet) wherever you are with Internet service.

okay thats what i thought. i have dropbox on my home pc so that would be cool to get that for android

Archived