Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

SlashGear: Verizon 4G LTE Galaxy Nexus LAUNCHES

Sticksboi05

Yeah but Sprint's WiMax service blows compared to Verizon's LTE network.

Just making sure everyone knows that WiMax is in fact true 4G where LTE is not. I've heard bad things about Sprints WiMax and I experience how fast LTE is first hand so I'm with you.

I just don't want WiMax to get a bad wrap because of Sprint's poor use of it.

Just making sure everyone knows that WiMax is in fact true 4G where LTE is not. I've heard bad things about Sprints WiMax and I experience how fast LTE is first hand so I'm with you.

Care to explain how WiMAX is "true 4G" but LTE is not?

LTE Advanced is indeed 4G but yes, the first LTE networks released were not technically 4G. But then again, you could say the same about WiMax. The updates to both systems allow for theoretical rates of 1 GB/sec downstreams and 100 MB/sec upstreams.

I was thinking about picking up the RAZR this weekend but now I figure I'll wait a week so I can compare it with the Nexus, Rezound, and the Droid 4. Also haven't completely ruled out an iphone yet but the Verizon double data for 4g promo is selling me on the android phones. First smart phone btw.

Care to explain how WiMAX is "true 4G" but LTE is not?

LTE is third generation technology. However, it is true that WiMax does not satisfy every standard of 4G. However, WiMax has been considered fourth generation for a few years. It was the next big thing in mobile networking.

True 4G isn't here yet. 802.16m and LTE Advanced will be true 4G.

LTE is third generation technology. However, it is true that WiMax does not satisfy every standard of 4G. However, WiMax has been considered fourth generation for a few years. It was the next big thing in mobile networking.

True 4G isn't here yet. 802.16m and LTE Advanced will be true 4G.

By definition, 4G means fourth generation. LTE is indeed fourth generation. So is WiMAX. True, the wireless industry has been held to a standard of 100Mb/s moving and 1Gb/s stationary to qualify for "4G". But that will in fact be 5G because it will be fifth generation hardware. Verizon Wireless can tout LTE as true 4G because it is the 4th generation wireless platform they have deployed. Same with Sprint and WiMAX. And what AT&T is deploying. TMobile on the other hand.....

yea i'm hearing december 9th is the date. i just got an ipad 2 that i'm really happy with but i'm definatley going with the nexus over the 4S

Well, it's Dec 9th and still no Nexus on Verizon. Despite the fact they announced it a month and a half ago and it's on sale everywhere else in the world. And not a peep from Verizon or Google about when to expect it.

My dad walked into the Bethesda Verizon store today to ask why it wasn't released. They couldn't give him an answer. Then he said "But its already reported that the phones have been delivered" and the guy smiled back without answering. Not sure what the hold up is. I've read that its verizon wanting one more weekend of Razr sales before putting out the Nexus and then 4. Then I also read the network isn't ready to handle the stress. So, I don't know.

My dad walked into the Bethesda Verizon store today to ask why it wasn't released. They couldn't give him an answer. Then he said "But its already reported that the phones have been delivered" and the guy smiled back without answering. Not sure what the hold up is. I've read that its verizon wanting one more weekend of Razr sales before putting out the Nexus and then 4. Then I also read the network isn't ready to handle the stress. So, I don't know.

I got a similar response from the Verizon people on Wednesday when I joked about going back into their stock room to check it out. I know it's already there. I'm not buying their ****ing RAZR, give me my Nexus.

I got a similar response from the Verizon people on Wednesday when I joked about going back into their stock room to check it out. I know it's already there. I'm not buying their ****ing RAZR, give me my Nexus.

They are cutting it close for the holidays. I've been holding on to my blackberry for months now. Good news is...all the discounts I've racked up...the phone is going to be at least $125 off. Maybe more if a certain flyer shows up in the mail.

That's pretty sweet. At least you already have a smart phone. I'm rolling with this right now:

58105_z_1.jpg

I'm TRYING to give them my extra $30 a month for a data plan but they won't sell me my phone. :ols:

Well, it's Dec 9th and still no Nexus on Verizon. Despite the fact they announced it a month and a half ago and it's on sale everywhere else in the world. And not a peep from Verizon or Google about when to expect it.

yea totally lame. apparently all the stores have them in stock and the new release date is the 15th. sorry if this is already mentioned.

Archived